I need you guys help.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truly sad..... I hope someone can help to stop this....

Last edited:
Disgraceful. I'm sorry to see this happening, Rainman, I hope it doesn't truly affect the passion that you have for your craft. :(

Last edited:
Is this based on the new Apes movie, or is it your own design? If it's your design you can go through the Vero program on ebay and have the auctions removed. If it is based on a property that you don't have a license for your only option is to appeal to collectors not to purchase. For what it's worth I think a lot of custom artist set themselves up for this by limiting the number of castings they will produce. People who collect are by nature a selfish lot. If they really want something they often could care less who gets hurt in thier efforts to get it. I am 100% against recasting of any kind including people who sell tweaked or resized castings of sculpts that are not 100% thier own efforts. It sucks that this has happened, but the reality is there is little you can do about it.

Won't be getting a dime from me.

:nono

I am not in to this hobby just to collect awesome figures, but also to own a piece of someone's passion and hard work that they put into this. Rainman you are the King of HS and those recasts look like crap. If someone wants to buy crap let them buy crap. In the end it won't be worth anything but a counterfeit figure up on someone's shelf.

Its just a matter of time before they recast Doc or Bill :horror

Last edited:
Wow that really sucks. A guy like that can ruin it for everyone. All of us who collect stuff from Rainman and all the the other great
Artist on this board can get screw the artist might stop making stuff because their art will be sold on eBay this really sucks I hate guys like that. I will not buy another headplay head again. because they don't even have the talent to do it on they own all they do is steal other peoples work.

wow that really sucks, a d to think i wanted to get in contact with these guys to help produce our heads -urgh, they make me sick! this is just theft plain and simple.

Can they not be reported to eBay?

Such a disgrace. Sorry to see this bud. :(

If it is not a licensed product ebay isn't going to do anything about it. The risk any artist takes when they sculpt and make castings without a license are a) the license holder or owner of the property will ask them to stop or b) some @$$clown will get ahold of thier work and recast it. Trying to market unlicensed good as limited collectibles is an open invitation to recasters to supply addition copies for people who could care less about the original artist and what they put into the work. This is why you aren't seeing recast of Trevor Grove's heads for example. As far as I know he doesn't limit the number of castings he will produce, and he sells at a reasonable price. A recaster has nothing to gain by stealing his work.

If it is not a licensed product ebay isn't going to do anything about it. The risk any artist takes when they sculpt and make castings without a license are a) the license holder or owner of the property will ask them to stop or b) some @$$clown will get ahold of thier work and recast it. Trying to market unlicensed good as limited collectibles is an open invitation to recasters to supply addition copies for people who could care less about the original artist and what they put into the work. This is why you aren't seeing recast of Trevor Grove's heads for example. As far as I know he doesn't limit the number of castings he will produce, and he sells at a reasonable price. A recaster has nothing to gain by stealing his work.

I feel really bad for the artist, we should not buy from recasters,but this post actually makes a valid point. :lecture

Back