Nice body for a Slave leia.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here they are...
DSCN6609_zpswlqetzro.jpg

This shows the head before my repaint on the only body that we had that came close to matching it,the "Halle" Phicen,with her pale Phicen in for contrast...
The as delivered head on the pale body;not even close to a match...
DSCN6610_zpsmjaqhkzk.jpg

DSCN6632_zpsdegfb8zz.jpg

And with my repaint;not an exact match,but close enough for my wife to work with,and certainly no worse than some boxed figures we've purchased over the years.Now I get to wait for my wife to get over some health issues;good thing I'm not in a hurry...PS

For those who have lost interest in putting a decent 1/6 Slave Leia together, may I present my kitbash using the latest mid-bust Jiaou Doll 3.0 seamless figure. Of the six skintones available, I went for the "wheat" option, which turned out to be a near-perfect match to the ACPlay headsculpt. I also used parts from the Mr. Toys Planet Princess kit since the outfit was a better fit and higher quality than the one included in the ACPlay set. In addition, I used black stretchy-string for the bikini parts and replaced the chain for a real metal one, both of which I found at a local Michael's store.

Much thanks to Daisy from Jiaou Doll for directly sending me this "factory sample" since most North American retailers are only carrying the older version at this point with non-removable feet. The new version includes several options for various types of footwear (I used the one for flat shoes) and allows the figure to stand unassisted. One Sixth Kit is also now offering this body, but in only the wheat skintone figure shown above.

that`s the body I used I thought it looked perfect. and it had that nice baby powder smell to go with it lol. I used all the Hasbro outfit as I thought it looked more accurate in color I think.

Thanks for the compliments, gents. I was following the old Slave Leia thread here pretty closely until it got shut down, so I'm hoping to keep the interest alive since the components to bash this figure together are still readily available.

BTW, GG, I didn't exactly care much for all the powder on the Jiaou Doll out of the box, especially since it made the skintone slightly more pale in comparison to the headsculpt, and had to give it a good rinse under a running faucet. I should also mention that the hands come painted with red fingernails, which comes off easily enough with an acetone swab.

Thanks for the compliments, gents. I was following the old Slave Leia thread here pretty closely until it got shut down, so I'm hoping to keep the interest alive since the components to bash this figure together are still readily available.

BTW, GG, I didn't exactly care much for all the powder on the Jiaou Doll out of the box, especially since it made the skintone slightly more pale in comparison to the headsculpt, and had to give it a good rinse under a running faucet. I should also mention that the hands come painted with red fingernails, which comes off easily enough with an acetone swab.

i don't mind the painted fingernails looks more realistic I will have to try the running water thing about the baby powder smell though. now about the chain since my michales closed down did you have to cut the chain or did you buy the whole 12' roll

i don't mind the painted fingernails looks more realistic I will have to try the running water thing about the baby powder smell though. now about the chain since my michales closed down did you have to cut the chain or did you buy the whole 12' roll

It was a cheap necklace that came in a 2-pack for like $4, I think. Michael's had dozens to choose from, so I picked one that seemed like a close match to what was used on-screen. I just undid the clasp and reattached it to the collar with some pliers.

That looks great. How much is the body and when is it available? My one concern with the Slave Leia is the overall cost - if you get both Princess kits plus a seamless body it's like $150+ if you get a good deal.

Be careful removing the baby powder guys. Its on there for a reason. Otherwise its a smooth rubber than becomes shiny and sticky. More so over time. Dust and lint will collect on it and either be difficult to remove or make a mess in the process. Thus has been my experience with the Phicen's anyways.

Be careful removing the baby powder guys. Its on there for a reason. Otherwise its a smooth rubber than becomes shiny and sticky. More so over time. Dust and lint will collect on it and either be difficult to remove or make a mess in the process. Thus has been my experience with the Phicen's anyways.

Interesting. The seamless bodies have been around a while now, but there just still seems to be too many potential issues with them - sticky, cracking etc. If they were in the $40 range I guess I'd roll the dice, but the decent looking ones just seem to start in the $70 range, realistically more like $100+.

Sometimes I really wish HT would do a Leia slave to take some of the stress, cost and work out of doing this custom - it's an expensive custom and risky, and the end result is always maybe 50% of what a HT one would look (based on their ANH Leia I mean.):lol

That looks great. How much is the body and when is it available? My one concern with the Slave Leia is the overall cost - if you get both Princess kits plus a seamless body it's like $150+ if you get a good deal.

Like I said, I got mine directly from the manufacturer via Alibaba, but One Sixth Kit was carrying it for less on his website until recently. It looks like he still has it listed on his eBay store for $56.99 (shipping included) at https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jiaou-Doll-1-6-Scale-Suntan-Seamless-Female-Body-For-Hot-Toys-Head-Sculpt-/172561629648

Admittedly, this isn't a cheap figure to bash together, but are there any decent alternatives? If Disney's ban on any Slave Leia merchandise is real, it's doubtful even Hot Toys will be producing its own version. Besides, to really make a Slave Leia figure look good, a 1/6 seamless body is the only way to go, and there really aren't a lot of manufacturers who make that their specialty. Even Phicen, who are arguably the biggest fish in this particular pond, have yet to produce a body that will work for this kit, and it's doubtful they'll ever get the Star Wars license to release their own Slave Leia.

Anyway, after a few months of research and disappointment, this kitbash I put together is the best 1/6 Slave Leia I can come up with. I submit my findings here hoping it can be used as a starting point for other collectors interested in producing their own and as a guide to point out the potential pitfalls that may come up along the way. Personally, I'm happy to finally have a decent Slave Leia to go with my Sideshow Jabba throne set-up after years of having only Bib Fortuna and a Gamorrean guard to keep him company. :woo

does the other kit have soft goods for the boots they kind of do look like they are ?

The boots for the ACPlay kit feel like a soft vinyl and, along with the rest of the outfit, look cheap compared to the Planet Princess set. In fact, if it weren't for the fantastic headsculpt, the ACPlay set wouldn't be worth picking up. It's almost like the two companies intentionally made the parts of varying quality to insure that serious collectors would be forced to purchase both kits. :thud:

BTW, I should mention that I started this project not really having a "thing" for Slave Leia beyond being an overall Star Wars fan nor seamless female figures in general. Like most folks, I was particularly moved by the passing of Carrie Fisher and always loved the healthy sense of humor and perspective she had about the way Leia was portrayed here amid all its controversy. If the rumors are true, I think Disney is doing a great disservice to the fans by sanitizing all the edginess from the franchise. Because having finally put this custom together, it has surprisingly become one of my favorite pieces.

The boots for the ACPlay kit feel like a soft vinyl and, along with the rest of the outfit, look cheap compared to the Planet Princess set. In fact, if it weren't for the fantastic headsculpt, the ACPlay set wouldn't be worth picking up. It's almost like the two companies intentionally made the parts of varying quality to insure that serious collectors would be forced to purchase both kits. :thud:

BTW, I should mention that I started this project not really having a "thing" for Slave Leia beyond being an overall Star Wars fan nor seamless female figures in general. Like most folks, I was particularly moved by the passing of Carrie Fisher and always loved the healthy sense of humor and perspective she had about the way Leia was portrayed here amid all its controversy. If the rumors are true, I think Disney is doing a great disservice to the fans by sanitizing all the edginess from the franchise. Because having finally put this custom together, it has surprisingly become one of my favorite pieces.

well I have the other set coming minus no sculpt which I got for $50 shipped as I wanted the ax to go with my lando skiff outfit. and the boots on the planet princess looked like they were made out of cloth which would look better then the acplay. those ACPLAY boots on mine broke. the sole underneath them broke through so I scraped them because those boots were made so cheap.

Back