Headplay recast Rainman's monkey sculpt again!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same guys who were selling the fight club sculpts ?.
They obviously don't care what we think. The funny thing is for the sake of what they're doing they're barely selling anyway of the sculpts anyway.

I can’t believe they are still doing this. Don’t they have a team of sculptors?
Why not make there own versions of this character instead of steal :dunno

THings is that we're still not sure if it's headplay.
There is the name in the title but are we sure it's them?

THings is that we're still not sure if it's headplay.
There is the name in the title but are we sure it's them?

Just befriend them on FB, all of this info is posted on Headplays official page, then you will have no more doubts (unless of course, someone else is using their name on facebook).

WOW! This is sad to say...There is really Nothing anyone can do! I had My Lou Ferrigno Hulk Limited edition head re-casted by bionic-joe, and selling on ebay as well. The recasting part of this hobby is getting really scary! The thing about it is...We don't know what hands our sculpts wind up in. I remember that Monkey head! and yes that is 100% rainman's piece.

The really sad part is the Limited run, which makes the piece more collectible and valuable becomes Less valuable!
A REAL SHAME!

It was pretty shady when they recasted HT and Blitzway heads but this is unforgivable.

They have a ____ty business model. They think they can churn out hundreds of crappy looking sculpts and stay in business but then people tell them they only want the ones that actually look half decent they turn to recasting? And another customizer? It's a shame.

I have no respect for them.

Can't the original owners just report the sales on EBay. The proof should have to be on the seller that these aren't counterfeit and I don't see them coming up with verifiable licensing.

Just befriend them on FB, all of this info is posted on Headplays official page, then you will have no more doubts (unless of course, someone else is using their name on facebook).
I don't do facebook, but I do know that there are several "headplay" names on ebay. And the seller noted isn't one of them.
WOW! This is sad to say...There is really Nothing anyone can do! I had My Lou Ferrigno Hulk Limited edition head re-casted by bionic-joe, and selling on ebay as well. The recasting part of this hobby is getting really scary! The thing about it is...We don't know what hands our sculpts wind up in. I remember that Monkey head! and yes that is 100% rainman's piece.

The really sad part is the Limited run, which makes the piece more collectible and valuable becomes Less valuable!
A REAL SHAME!
There is another seller on ebay also selling a Ferrigno Hulk.

I think these "recasts" are sellable, at least partially, because of the higher costs sculptors sometimes charge. Add in that so many are offered in a "limited run" and it just fuels the ability for them to sell.
I wanted that __________ sculpt but he only made 10 and I didn't make the cut. Oh, WOW, I found a similar sculpt for half price and its already painted!
Not saying its right, just able to see how it could happen.
Can't the original owners just report the sales on EBay. The proof should have to be on the seller that these aren't counterfeit and I don't see them coming up with verifiable licensing.
Nor would most of the original sculptors who sculpt unlicensed heads.
And if it could be stopped ebay sellers like diver4 would have been halted years ago.

Sooooo, who bought one of these original POTA sculpts, an original Tommy Lee Jones AND Pitt & Norton? Should narrow the field down on who is getting them to Headplay if they are recasting them.

I don't do facebook, but I do know that there are several "headplay" names on ebay. And the seller noted isn't one of them.

There is another seller on ebay also selling a Ferrigno Hulk.

I think these "recasts" are sellable, at least partially, because of the higher costs sculptors sometimes charge. Add in that so many are offered in a "limited run" and it just fuels the ability for them to sell.
I wanted that __________ sculpt but he only made 10 and I didn't make the cut. Oh, WOW, I found a similar sculpt for half price and its already painted!
Not saying its right, just able to see how it could happen.

Nor would most of the original sculptors who sculpt unlicensed heads.
And if it could be stopped ebay sellers like diver4 would have been halted years ago.

Sooooo, who bought one of these original POTA sculpts, an original Tommy Lee Jones AND Pitt & Norton? Should narrow the field down on who is getting them to Headplay if they are recasting them.

Opps i just bought a head of diver 4 i should have known he was a re-caster when he sells his stuff for 15$

I just committed to buy all available 10, but have no intention of paying for it. :rotfl
I will stall payment as long as I can and when they leave negative feedback I will leave my negative feedback mentioning that this company is a fraud, claims other artists work as their own.

Its for a good cause so I will be more than happy to take that negative on my Ebay score.

You as a buyer cannot get negative! Only a none paying item strike... Once you get three of them, your off eBay for good.

Just so you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back