Nice body for a Slave leia.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those with concerns about the Phicen body's size...
DSCN3146.jpg

Here she is compared to a SST Jedi Luke.Is she as short as she should be, to scale? No,but no one makes a body that small except Volks, and that one sucks eggs.Is she shorter than Luke to a point that I can live with it?Absolutely...PS

Wow.. The Phicens are small.

Well, the molding of the GG head has presented a few problems. The mold has quite a few subsurface bubbles that are presenting difficulties;also, the sculpt needs work(amazing how much paint can affect the look). Guess I'll have to do it the hard way...PS

The costume, essentially finished...
DSCN3345.jpg
DSCN3346.jpg
DSCN3347.jpg

The skirts were sewn by my wife, though I added some pleats.The fabric(satin) is resisting, but I'm more stubborn. All 'hard' parts are Hasbro except the collar,which is off the GG piece and somewhat re-worked.The Hasbro boots have been lengthened and re-worked as well.The Phicen body continues to perform well, though the arms are a little strange to pose, tending to stay forward.And yes, I added her mole...PS

Wait no longer!
DSCN3353.jpg

Testing for proper size...
DSCN3356.jpg

She fits!
DSCN3355.jpg

And profile.My original plan was to use a straight cast of the GG head, but the mold didn't co-operate.By using wax, I can clean up the mold flaws and adjust her expression to something a bit more in character...PS

He's molded it in wax so the face can be fixed.

Without the paint, she does take on a bit of an "old lady" look (though definitely hotter than present day Carrie,) but it's mostly that slack jaw mouth GG went with that's the problem.

Interested to see how this develops. There's definitely some Carrie in there. The extreme narrowness of the face and the mouth position is what is throwing it off.

Unfortunately that is exactly how Gentle Giant made it made it.

This is how it should have looked like (prototype):

SDC_5829_resize.JPG

And this is how the bust looks like (produced):

100_0652.jpg

Comparison between the GG bust and statue, see the difference:

P1080302.jpg

Thank you for the comparison shot. It will be very helpful for the re-sculpt.Wish the production piece looked more like the proto; seems a little deceptive to only publish pix of the proto to me. But that's always been my problem with GG;inconsistent sculpting and QC...PS

Finished re-sculpting Leia's hair and laying in sockets for the hair clips.Now the fun really starts...PS

And now,the finished Leia sculpt...
DSCN4073.jpg

DSCN4074.jpg

DSCN4078.jpg

DSCN4076.jpg

The GG piece was a good starting point, but I think I've punched her up a notch.Now all I have to do is set her up for the mold and all the fun that follows.With shrinkage she should be dead on...PS

My latest addition to Leia...
DSCN4128.jpg

After much thought, I decided that the axe would work for her better than the blaster I'd originally planned on.The re-worked GG piece will wield a fan, I think...PS

This is great. I had the same idea but I used the head from the Koto kit. Still needs tweaking but a good start I think. Also the chain on the Koto is better and more detailed.
IMG_8736.jpg

IMG_8735.jpg

IMG_8733.jpg

IMG_8740.jpg

IMG_8739.jpg

IMG_8738.jpg

You do realize that the Koto kit is 1/7 scale?Sadly, she's a bit micro-cephalic...PS

Yeah but all the other heads I've seen look like pumpkins or bobble heads. No offense. I not "big" on the sideshow scale. I used the head from the GG bust to improve the noggin on my ANH Leia. Turned out pretty good. The Koto head is not much smaller. Plus she is only 5'1" so her 1/6 scale measurements should only be 10 3/16" tall. Not like the sideshow scale.

I like it. When you finish yours I may change my mind. Keep up the good work.
8b355923.jpg

With ANH body she looks good, but on slave body....body is for me little big, she little looks like man(transvestit) than woman for me...

Last edited:
Ha ha that's great! Thanks for your opinions it's making me think abut it but I still like it. Anyone else have new pics of theirs?

Back