Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got screwed my SS. My EX arrived today and has a cracked thigh. I was told there are no more replacements being offered and I either have to return or keep it and get $80 credit...what a joke

Just got screwed my SS. My EX arrived today and has a cracked thigh. I was told there are no more replacements being offered and I either have to return or keep it and get $80 credit...what a joke

I'm sorry to hear that...

And the representative for my case said mine "appears to be in good shape" which comparatively is kinda true. Still I would have wanted one that had no blemishes.

Told me I could keep it and get some credit to maybe fix it on my own or return for a refund since there aren't any spares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last payment for the EX is tomorrow, fingers crossed when it ships to me. Any imperfection, i will send it back. For the kind of money i want perfection.

The problem Im having is I collect Spider-man and the Justice League and I POd the first hour it was available. If it was Power Girl I would not have cared, she is an easy return in my collection but this is a must have for me but $80 to keep a statue that cost me after shipping $500 that is cracked and probably cost them $15 to make...its a kick in the nuts

Man, the quality control on this PF is just out of control. I PO'd the EX the day it became available (my first ever PF) and it came with many paint defects, most notably the smeared blue paint on several spots of Spidey's legs. I was able to get a new body sent to me from SS, but I guess that was just because I got one of the first statues that was shipped out.

I feel very, very sorry for anyone getting damaged pieces and being told there aren't any replacements available and that they'll have to return it or take a small amount of credit. That's an absolute joke for anyone who paid $500 or more for this comic book statue. An absolute joke. Especially because, as others have said, this is a fantastic work of art when it's undamaged!

Is $80 even enough to fix a cracked thigh or blemished paint? I think not!

Damn that sucks.......

Is $80 even enough to fix a cracked thigh or blemished paint? I think not!

Damn that sucks.......

I agree. I wouldn't even know where to go to get something like this fixed. and even if I could I imagine it would cost several hours of labor including patch, sand and proper repaint. That's got to run into several hundred dollars, no?

Does anyone know whether this thing has fully shipped/has more waves to go? I know that a lot of people who flexed are still getting theirs, but what about the straight orders?

I've been on the wait list for quite some time and am just wondering what the odds are at this point. Never a guarantee, I know, but if all waves have already shipped then I'm guessing my chances are especially low.

I agree. I wouldn't even know where to go to get something like this fixed. and even if I could I imagine it would cost several hours of labor including patch, sand and proper repaint. That's got to run into several hundred dollars, no?

:exactly:

Right on point! $50 for me to fix the paint defects on mine? I don't know anywhere near me that I would trust to repaint this statue properly.

I might just return this, take a loss on the EX and jump on the WL for the regular.

I have no one around me that could fix the paint on my EX either. Would have had to pay shipping both ways plus the actual cost to fix. No way a $70 credit would have covered that.

I've been on the waitlist for the regular since May 9th. No conversion.

Hey Chronos, isn't John (VinceVell) located relatively closeby in NJ / NY? He might be pretty busy but you could try contacting him if your Spiderman PF isn't too bad.

I have no one around me that could fix the paint on my EX either. Would have had to pay shipping both ways plus the actual cost to fix. No way a $70 credit would have covered that.

I was just gonna ask if anyone jumped on the wait list for the EX or the regular lately. That's kinda disappointing...

The regular is a 5000 ES. Don't they do these in batches like maybe 150-200 at a time, so no way they produced all 5000 this early in the game. Spidey can still be located without having to go to the archive page so they must be collecting more orders before they convert anybody. That's just my guess but we've seen this before with practically all of them done in the past that had big ES numbers.

The regular is a 5000 ES. Don't they do these in batches like maybe 150-200 at a time, so no way they produced all 5000 this early in the game. Spidey can still be located without having to go to the archive page so they must be collecting more orders before they convert anybody. That's just my guess but we've seen this before with practically all of them done in the past that had big ES numbers.

Dude I really want the EX but one with no paint defects. I wanna hop on the WL since SSC can't replace the body on mine.

I don't see why they can't take back all the ones that had defects and repaint them

Dude I really want the EX but one with no paint defects. I wanna hop on the WL since SSC can't replace the body on mine.
I don't see why they can't take back all the ones that had defects and repaint them

I totally agree with you. Them people at SS should give people what they originally ordered and stop this crap about settling for a credit for a future purchase. That is so lame that it's gotta turn people off. They should have boxes of extra bodies, painted and ready to go since those sweat-shop kids in China are really messing up these statues during production.

Hey Chronos, isn't John (VinceVell) located relatively closeby in NJ / NY? He might be pretty busy but you could try contacting him if your Spiderman PF isn't too bad.

I tried to reach out to him and a few others initially. Everyone was booked out 6+ months. Ended up buying a regular that had bad paint spots and broken fingers, and then got a second EX that, thankfully, is fine.

I totally agree with you. Them people at SS should give people what they originally ordered and stop this crap about settling for a credit for a future purchase. That is so lame that it's gotta turn people off. They should have boxes of extra bodies, painted and ready to go since those sweat-shop kids in China are really messing up these statues during production.
Yeah totally.
I tried to reach out to him and a few others initially. Everyone was booked out 6+ months. Ended up buying a regular that had bad paint spots and broken fingers, and then got a second EX that, thankfully, is fine.

My god, that sounds like a major hassle.

It's very good to hear that you got a second EX tho, gives me hope that there's a chance.

Back