Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS should have told you to go all Thor on it. No need for a faulty statue to be circulated back out. Wouldn't it cost more to have it returned to them a second time cause collectors are gonna have the same complaints about it. :dunno

They sent me replacement heads but its quite clearly the body thats the issue and the replacements didn't sit right either. I don't understand either bud. I stated to the guy Belen "i want this but there is no way I can put this on display when it looks like his neck is being cut off. This is just not professional" and he said they dont have a replacement.

They sent me replacement heads but its quite clearly the body thats the issue and the replacements didn't sit right either. I don't understand either bud. I stated to the guy Belen "i want this but there is no way I can put this on display when it looks like his neck is being cut off. This is just not professional" and he said they dont have a replacement.

Very sorry to hear it. Ridiculously frustrating with this piece since it's so incredible when it doesn't have flaws. How about we lower the edition size of these statues and turn out a higher quality product? Heck, I'll even pay more for it.

Amount produced should have no bearing on quality.
How'd that work out for GM and Ford [emoji6]

and their still producing crap and recall after recall to this day...the corporate machine gets too big and things like QC tend to suffer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

My 2nd statue is sitting at home waiting for me. Won't be back from a work trip until Wednesday. Not excited that I get to nervously open the statue a second time. If this one has issues I'm not sure what I'll do.

Good luck, bro. Just think positive, don't sweat it and it'll be just fine. Don't grow any unneeded gray hair or develop heart problems over any SS statue.

Such a conundrum of a statue. If it's good it's great and if it's not it's pretty shoddy. Then there's the oddly strange batch issue. I honestly would not be surprised if we see waitlists being converted. It came so fast and furious. I saw a reg at my comic shop and it was a great pose. The red and blacks popped. The blue actually looked a little faded throughout. A bit more than what I've seen on here.

With the Iron Studios statue on the horizon it will be very interesting to see what this one does in the future. It is cheaper and fits in perfectly with other modern Marvel PFs, but if the IS Spidey looks as good as the proto then it is going to be a pretty special statue and one of a kind. There's something to be said about it if one of the premiere boardies on here who was an inside help getting folks on here Iron Studios statues watched Sideshow get the license but STILL went out of his way to promote the statue as the next XM Magneto despite no financial gain.

Either way this is going to be a fun few months for Spidey statue collectors.

It really is. Which is what makes it so upsetting when there are flaws.

Yeah. If I got a bad one from SS id be getting a full refund and looking for one with no flaws second hand. Or ordering over and over again.

I completely understand the devastation.

I think if this was my one and only Spidey statue and it came with flaws I'd have to save up for a repaint. Especially if you HAVE to HAVE it. It's pretty epic. Not sure I could send it back.

Yeah. If I got a bad one from SS id be getting a full refund and looking for one with no flaws second hand. Or ordering over and over again.

I completely understand the devastation.

I'm currently at the "ordering over and over again stage".

I think if this was my one and only Spidey statue and it came with flaws I'd have to save up for a repaint. Especially if you HAVE to HAVE it. It's pretty epic. Not sure I could send it back.

I'd be doing this but it's hard finding someone who has the availability to do a repaint.

Because of all the known potential issues, I went over my statue with a fine tooth comb.

Much closer then I normally do, and maybe because of that I've found many more 'little' paint imperfections. But I'll eventually get over them.

But thank the maker there doesn't appear to be any of the major issues cited here such as major paint rub on the legs.

Can't wait to match him with Green Goblin. Just worried it might be a tight fit in a Besta.

My Spider-man statue just arrived and there is a small chip on the head piece right in the middle. Do you think SS will do anything about it?

Because of all the known potential issues, I went over my statue with a fine tooth comb.

Much closer then I normally do, and maybe because of that I've found many more 'little' paint imperfections. But I'll eventually get over them.

But thank the maker there doesn't appear to be any of the major issues cited here such as major paint rub on the legs.

Can't wait to match him with Green Goblin. Just worried it might be a tight fit in a Besta.

Most likely will be, especially if you want them facing a certain way. Goblin's glider looks pretty wide. Looking at the dimensions, he looks like he might have to fly solo in a BESTA.

Back