Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 out of 10 have had problems?!?! *cough nitpicker cough*

200_s.gif

I myself have had issues with statues I've gotten. Just with the Sideshow pieces I've bought:-

1/2 Mark 6 bust - damaged chest plate (replacement part didn't work out)
Captain America PF - bad eyes (known issue)
Superman PF - OK - not major, but still leaning (maybe) (known issue)
Batman PF - OK
Storm Trooper - OK - Might have discolouration/yellowing?
Batman Returns PF - OK
1:1 Mark 42 bust - OK, but only becase I knew what I was getting, so can't complain.
Catwoman - Material damage over time etc (known issue)
Doom PF - OK
Batgirl PF - OK
Boba Fett - Damaged, but will be receiving replacement part
Thor PF - Paint defect (but eyes OK) but again will be receiving damaged part

So just out of the box half of mine either had issues or just longevity problems, but luckily with Sideshow's replacement program some were remedied.

But even with all of the above I still love Sideshow and I should be receiving the Spider-Man statue next month. Fingers crossed :pray:

6 out of 10 have had problems?!?! *cough nitpicker cough*

you must be new if you think 6/10 statues having issues that aren't "nitpicks" is not possible. there are lots of guys on both forums and facebook who have decided to only buy locally or from other collectors because of SS lack of customer service, especially when it comes to non-US collectors.

I wouldn't call myself new to the hobby. I've ordered 14 statues from SS and have only had issue with 1, which is Spider-Man. SS has been awesome dealing with me and that could be partly because I don't contact them with every other statue I get. I'm sure they keep a record of how many times a person has called with a "complaint" and deal with them differently than a first timer. Anyway, I don't care what business it is, whether it's a pizza joint or my neighnorhood prostitute...if over half my purchases are negative then I will take my business elsewhere. Some people just like to complain. Look at this forum as a perfect example. If you look hard enough for something negative you can find it in anything.

Out of that whole list there are what 2 issues that are real?? Maybe only 1, and the rest are either being dealt with by SSC or MIGHT happen. SMH!!

Actually I wasn't trying to be negative. I was simply listing things that have happened to date to me, not might. Just, I'm not too sure if the lean on my Superman would be considered that bad, or if its just in my head, as stated.

And the whole point in the exercise of listing 'all' my Sideshow statues is that things can and do go wrong, but that Sideshow do on occasion remedy some problems (which was why I stated as much).

And I didn't even include when I had to do minor touch ups, given that all these statues are handpainted and paint variations (minor paint flecks and chips) are part of the game.

(And when I put "known issue", all I meant is that I had also read on this forum that it had occured to other people as well, other than just me - I had a feeling it was a mistake in making that post, in that it may be taken the wrong way by some).

I've got 47 SS pieces. So far only 4 problems.
Superman, cyclops, and Psylocke PF leans.
Indy PF jacket crumbles.

6 xm pieces. 1 problem.
Ms Marvel Base wasn't attached properly and the arm isn't flush.

Dutch had a pull in his vest - New body sent.
JSC Spidey foot wasn't flush and excess black paint on Ex portrait - New body and portrait sent.
Machiko both portraits had broken dreads - 2 portraits replaced.
Predator 2 Maquette broken dreads and bent spear - Both replaced.
Two bad Big Chap Busts - Full refund.

Sideshow CS are awesome.

I wouldn't call myself new to the hobby. I've ordered 14 statues from SS and have only had issue with 1, which is Spider-Man. SS has been awesome dealing with me and that could be partly because I don't contact them with every other statue I get. I'm sure they keep a record of how many times a person has called with a "complaint" and deal with them differently than a first timer. Anyway, I don't care what business it is, whether it's a pizza joint or my neighnorhood prostitute...if over half my purchases are negative then I will take my business elsewhere. Some people just like to complain. Look at this forum as a perfect example. If you look hard enough for something negative you can find it in anything.

lol, all good. this made me laugh out loud in my office.

I have owned over 150 statues made by SS...and have almost never complained about anything. But I really didn't like the flaws with my new joker and was pissed they wouldn't even let me return it without eating the shipping costs.

In the end, I can appreciate the frustrations my fellow collectors have had over the years and it is infuriating to get responses from SS that defy logic or common sense.

Quick question on this guy because I know some people have brought it up as an 'issue' before - it's my understanding that the fingers on the right hand (save for the thumb and part of the palm) are NOT supposed to be flush with the base. Is this correct?

Thats great man, unfortunately I haven't been as fortunate as you. As for you calling me a nitpicker why don't you do some research and look up my previous posts

Hey guys....
Just an update on my spidey EX neck gap issues incase it helps someone. My original EX squinty head arrived with a gap. Sideshow sent a replacement squinty head and it has the same problem, so it's probably the body. The replacement head, btw didn't have the dark two wrinkles painted in.
The body is great, so it looks like I'm stuck with a gappy head. I prefer the normal head anyway due to the paint color. Why is THE EX SO ORANGE?!! ARRGH.
WHY IS NOTHING EASY????
Sorry....Do you guys think this means this head would fit on another spidey body?? Is selling the EX head on ebay later on wise??? Sideshow wants me to destroy a head. But the head they sent me would be the one getting destroyed as it is even MORE ORANGE!!!!!!!!!! (deep breath)
Should I contact Sideshow and ship them back the head they sent? Or destroy a perfectly good head? So sad.

thanks guys.
IMG_0061.JPG
Original head above
IMG_0062.JPG
Replacement head. Notice no black wrinkle paint.
IMG_0063.JPG
ORANGE!!! ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back