Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear that, Ursus. When was it that you asked for a new body? It seems like some are getting one, some are put on a wait list, and others are told none are available. Its good to know that SS actually inspects replacements before shipping. I don't know where this statue ranks as far as poor quality, seems to be a lot, but I hope it's a wake up call to SS and their QC.

I emailed SS on 3/22 and got a response on 4/1 saying they'd set me up for a full exchange/replacement. I shipped the damaged piece back on 4/6 and they shipped the replacement to me on 4/13. I received the replacement today, 4/15.

All in all, it took just over 3 weeks from initial email to replacement in hand. It does seem like some have just been flat out told "we're out of replacements," which is unfortunate. Responses to replacement requests seem to have been all over the board.

26214515231_2b2e6005e3_b.jpg

26214523481_a176ccea57_b.jpg

26214534001_409cc5c2b0_b.jpg

26188366632_5a6b0ae3b5_b.jpg

26280937615_32065f1aac_b.jpg

26280801375_7e37f3630a_b.jpg

26254884326_9989b93cfc_b.jpg

26280874985_53e62056fb_b.jpg

26214606051_0c0d58640d_b.jpg

Still got one or two more payments and this will be mine...

Those shots... Great use of depth... Gets me all excited

Beautiful pics lotus!

Congrats, Spidey has very nice dynamic presence.

I shot them on my Sony A6000 , with a cheap E mount to Minolta adapter, and used an older Minolta 1.7 50mm wide open. Then just played with little LED pucks to put light in areas I wanted to highlight. No post processing, just good ole fun novice photography. The 1.7 allows so much light its awesome. I love the Bokeh I get with some of my older Glass. The adapter to convert E to MD was 12USD... :)

Congrats, hey has very nice dynamic presence. I shot them on my Sony A6000 , with a cheap E mount to Minolta adapter, and used an older Minolta 1.7 50mm wide open. Then just played with little LED pucks to put light in areas I wanted to highlight. No post processing, just good ole fun novice photography. The 1.7 allows so much light its awesome. I love the Bokeh I get with some of my older Glass. The adapter to convert E to MD was 12USD... :)

Nice man :clap

I actually have a Canon Rebel T5i with a 50mm as well and an external flash. I'm looking forward to taking pics of this guy :lol

Nice man :clap

I actually have a Canon Rebel T5i with a 50mm as well and an external flash. I'm looking forward to taking pics of this guy :lol

Very cool. I never got into using flashes. Funny thing is its not about having an expensive camera. Its really about playing with light. I can do some neat things with my Iphone 6 Plus, the older one just by using light.

Playing with LED pucks of different color temperatures and moving them around to cause shadow and raw effects. I find it to be quite fun. I know I can run through light room, but want teach myself as many real tricks as I can with light itself.

Very cool. I never got into using flashes. I just like playing with LED pucks of different color temperatures and move them around to cause shadow and raw effects. I find it to be quite fun. I know I can run through light room, but want teach myself as many real tricks as I can with light itself.

The flash is just to brighten everything up for me. But I'm also experimenting with light angles and shadows.

Never thought about using colored lights like that tho... I would like to see more of those :lol

Yeah I usually just add filters on photoshop if I wanted to do those type of things.

Doing everything analog tho is best in my opinion, I still think the best lighting is natural lighting :lol

The flash is just to brighten everything up for me. But I'm also experimenting with light angles and shadows.

Never thought about using colored lights like that tho... I would like to see more of those :lol

Yeah I usually just add filters on photoshop if I wanted to do those type of things.

Doing everything analog tho is best in my opinion, I still think the best lighting is natural lighting :lol

Natural outside lighting is the best. Its just none of us really want to take these statues outside and setup, but maybe I will do that next.

Either way it's fun to play around, and for any pics we take light is your best friend.

I don't even want to set up inside :rotfl

Yeah man it's definitely fun, just trying out what works and what doesn't.

And light is, camera doesn't matter much, probably could take good enough pics with my iPhone. But it all comes down to lighting and how much there is.

Getting mine delivered today. This thing looks beautiful in pictures. Can't wait to see it in person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did that Romita/Kirby head stuff come from???

And agreed, maybe if the eyes were also a tad lower it would look a little less stretched.

Back