Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no reason to believe it won't. I've been a happy customer on every PF I've gotten.

Huh ...good for you. I've had to return a couple already for refund. I've had a few issues that needed fixing ...which turned out ok at the end. I can't say I've had a perfect record with SSC as a happy customer. I'm glad you can say that.

I personally haven't had any issues with sideshow that needed a return. The biggest issue I had was a broken spear with the Wonder Woman but that got replaced within a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Sideshow run has been good overall with very few defects. Webbing is another story, which is probably why I've waited so long to get anything SM. This looks to good to pass up so fingers crossed.

I have had a good Sideshow run as well but I think many of us who got the JSC statue felt very misled by the final product. When you sell a product with a prototype you are trying to sell the product as is to the best of your ability when it comes with factory production. When you sell a statue with black lines sculpted in like this...
maxresdefault.jpg

But the final product is painted on lines not sculpted like this...

200265-spider-man-006.jpg

In a way you feel like you've been sold a product you didn't really get sold on. That statue ended up being a great one, and one in which I own, but the lack of clarity seems like a slight of hand as a business model between one single buyer and one single seller.

I think that's where the questions lie in final production because we are being sold this...

Sideshow-Exclusive-Premium-Format-Spider-Man-Web-Shooting-Hand.jpg

But unless SSAlex has confirmed or denied it unbeknownst to me I am wondering if when it hits the production plants overseas if it's more feasible to make it painted on webs. Another issue is the great Polystone debate that started with hollow statues and escalated with the PVC Supes. . With such a geometrically astute statue only being anchored awkwardly to one foundation one has to question the fear of durability and if it can or will last the test of time for the price point.

Sideshow has stepped up their Customer Support as well as their final product updates to a greater degree but with such issues as those said above still fresh in the past there is a reason for some uncertainty. I remain an optimist but am also prepared to return if it doesn't meet my standard same with any product out there.

I have had a good Sideshow run as well but I think many of us who got the JSC statue felt very misled by the final product. When you sell a product with a prototype you are trying to sell the product as is to the best of your ability when it comes with factory production. When you sell a statue with black lines sculpted in like this...
View attachment 218271

But the final product is painted on lines not sculpted like this...

View attachment 218272

In a way you feel like you've been sold a product you didn't really get sold on. That statue ended up being a great one, and one in which I own, but the lack of clarity seems like a slight of hand as a business model between one single buyer and one single seller.

I think that's where the questions lie in final production because we are being sold this...

View attachment 218273

But unless SSAlex has confirmed or denied it unbeknownst to me I am wondering if when it hits the production plants overseas if it's more feasible to make it painted on webs. Another issue is the great Polystone debate that started with hollow statues and escalated with the PVC Supes. . With such a geometrically astute statue only being anchored awkwardly to one foundation one has to question the fear of durability and if it can or will last the test of time for the price point.

Sideshow has stepped up their Customer Support as well as their final product updates to a greater degree but with such issues as those said above still fresh in the past there is a reason for some uncertainty. I remain an optimist but am also prepared to return if it doesn't meet my standard same with any product out there.

This I agree! The JSC spiderman does feel like false advertisement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But this one already has sculpted. No chance they go back to the sculpt, smooth it out and then paint it. A factory would never get the painted lines perfect and there would be a million returns. Sculpted is the only one that makes sense for a production piece.

Back