Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I think using them on what is, in my opinion at least, the best representation of Spider-man in this scale to date was the best idea. Besides, I only used a portion and getting him for $325 sounded awfully good.

fair enough. I think you would agree though, that for the majority of collectors, it would have been better to wait...no?

You guys think this will be the best representation of 1/4 scale spidey? No one worried about leaning issues and stuff? It looks pretty good, but I'm not a hardcore spidey fan (more Venom mainly cos of the look) so I wouldn't really know.

You guys think this will be the best representation of 1/4 scale spidey? No one worried about leaning issues and stuff? It looks pretty good, but I'm not a hardcore spidey fan (more Venom mainly cos of the look) so I wouldn't really know.

I think it's the best by far, and I'm not really worried about the possibility for a lean. It's too great of a piece to worry about something that might never happen.

fair enough. I think you would agree though, that for the majority of collectors, it would have been better to wait...no?
I guess it depends. I'm actually surprised this one didnt waitlist before a coupon could be had but I guess that the black variant has something to do with that. Granted most PFs these days reach coupon availability, I dont know if taking a chance with certain must have characters is wise. But I dont begrudge someone their $20 off.
I think it's the best by far, and I'm not really worried about the possibility for a lean. It's too great of a piece to worry about something that might never happen.
Agreed.

I guess it depends. I'm actually surprised this one didnt waitlist before a coupon could be had but I guess that the black variant has something to do with that. Granted most PFs these days reach coupon availability, I dont know if taking a chance with certain must have characters is wise. But I dont begrudge someone their $20 off.

Agreed.

Agreed here too. Best 1/4 spidey to date in concept so far. Hope execution is there.

I'm worried about lean, but that won't stop me.

This does look very good. Very aggressive pose too, which I like, especially for characters such as Spiderman.
I hope it withstands time and doesn't develop stress fractures/cracks.

I believe they said it was modified since SDCC as you can see in this picture from the Stan Lee signing, it is not too long of a rod (maybe the same as the Superman of foot).

The white line I drew lines up perfectly with the bottom of his hand, the red thing under the line is a peg and rod

I still like the original COM the best but this piece looks great as well.

this statue will be a homerun if they get the paint right. SS is very aware of the potential lean issue and have taken adequate steps to address it.

I still like the comiquette more. The base is what prevents this from being #1 in my opinion.

I am anxious to see a proto of the one Iron Studios is developing. Their newest iron man blew my socks off.

I like this more than the Comiquette, but the base prevents it to be THE absolute best sculpt possible. As far as pose and anatomy this is surely my #1 pick so far.

I like this more than the Comiquette, but the base prevents it to be THE absolute best sculpt possible. As far as pose and anatomy this is surely my #1 pick so far.

I line the base, but I would love a brick wall with graffiti on it. I would be all about a custom base, but the stability of the base would worry me. Have there been any successful custom bases done?

If the only slight on this statue will be the explosion on the base that looks like baked bread, then this will be a great piece. IMO, better than the comiquette ...just because of the creative and dynamic pose it has. All SSC has to do is make the web lines on his costume on point as well as the rest of the paint app.

Back