Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the Predator busts went on Waitlist before ES was set, too, and at the time Alex explained the mechanics about it... I think involved them manually updating inventory? I really don't recall. It was a bust where the Regular waitlisted and the EX was still available I think, very odd thing. Surely Python knows everything about it :D
It worths to mention that, say, a lot of people converted Batman Ex and for many months after release... hell, someone recently converted a Superman Ex.

One of the Predator busts went on Waitlist before ES was set, too, and at the time Alex explained the mechanics about it... I think involved them manually updating inventory? I really don't recall. It was a bust where the Regular waitlisted and the EX was still available I think, very odd thing. Surely Python knows everything about it :D
It worths to mention that, say, a lot of people converted Batman Ex and for many months after release... hell, someone recently converted a Superman Ex.

Well you also have to remember about waitlist conversions is the reason the NRD is in place is because people willy nilly cancel their orders and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if it still happens a ton even with the NRD. "Better to lose $40 than spend the $400 I should never have actually pledged on this order."

If I was to guess.... and I could be wrong ... I think SSC had to set up an ES in the background as part of the listing. I am guessing say 500, that would mean that this piece sold at relatively the same clip as say Batman. Now that doesn't mean they can't just UP the number, but it is my speculation.

Honestly, if this stays waitlisted, people are going to lose it....lol. I will admit to hoping on the waitlist to see what happens. I was already leaning towards ordering this to see how it comes out though. Oh well... the next day or two could be very interesting.

Come here you :hi5:,

My resolve was already breaking down. Like you, I already have a Spidey in this outfit that I am happy with, and was trying to convince myself to just wait for the wished upon black variant. But, damn if this is not one dynamic statue! The more I thought about having him in that scale, in that action sequence, I was wilting. Each photo made me think I should have him on the shelf. Like you Spidey, Spiderman is one of my all time favorite characters. Going to be very hard to beat this one.

If it's gone, it probably just saved me from myself, as who could not want a Spidey on the shelf that looks this good? I would have caved eventually.

Yeah, but the Bat Pits caused alot of cancelations, that and all the delays. I do think you are correct about the mechanics when it gets to the last few being manual, and also remember, Even though it is PO'd, doesn't mean all the charges went through. Thats why you get WL conversions so easy at certain times.

Well you also have to remember about waitlist conversions is the reason the NRD is in place is because people willy nilly cancel their orders and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if it still happens a ton even with the NRD. "Better to lose $40 than spend the $400 I should never have actually pledged on this order."

I have done this myself. Why throw good money after bad?

Just left the relevant bits. Not sure why you are choosing this thread as your soap box.

ES are going down, not up, from the highs of the trinity. Marvel pieces have NEVER approached those numbers.

What Spiderman piece ever made sells for less than it retailed for (Even the JSC Com is holding it's own on the EX). Most sell for significantly more, even the 1/6 Koto. If you can even find one to buy.

They have already confirmed a Variant on this piece.

The NRD and higher prices seems to have made people more critical, more jaded, less forgiving.

Also, that Allied Cap is a fantastic piece (Heater shield aside), not sure what you feel sad about having own/owned that. Truly a bizzar comment.

Oh, ok

Ah you come here too :1-1:

It is friday, I am not trying to pick a fight.

I just think you have a few things backwards. Easy enough to get into that mindset with all the negativity surrounding SS of late, some if it deserved.

Either way, we all want the best collectibles for our collections that we can get.

Enjoy the weekend!

Yeah, but the Bat Pits caused alot of cancelations, that and all the delays. I do think you are correct about the mechanics when it gets to the last few being manual, and also remember, Even though it is PO'd, doesn't mean all the charges went through. Thats why you get WL conversions so easy at certain times.

I have done this myself. Why throw good money after bad?

Oh I'm not judging, I'm just saying I'm sure it happens. I'd probably sell it but not everyone has or even likes that option....or in the case of the MOS and Reeve PFs, it probably isn't an option.

Oh I'm not judging, I'm just saying I'm sure it happens. I'd probably sell it but not everyone has or even likes that option....or in the case of the MOS and Reeve PFs, it probably isn't an option.

I get hit with really high shipping. So selling isn't really high on my priority list. I have sold 2 statues, I made enough on the 1 to buy back the Reg at no cost and still pocket lunch money, and bought back the other (It is essentially a free statue also) as the guy I sold it to only bought it on Spec, then found out he couldn't flip it so easy, and sold it back to me at a loss (two sales, two free statues + profit = Winning).

But really, not worth it. I pay around a hundred bucks + in shipping on each of these, then to turn around and ship them off, It is just less loss to eat the NRD when necessary. Plus I hate selling anything. I bought it because I wanted it/like it to begin with. Sometimes life happens though and it is better to keep that money in your pocket.

Show me your interest and I will make it happen???

11270390_10153395816626096_7719887021837662456_o.jpg

Jumped on the WL for the hell of it. Probably won't keep it when it inevitably converts. Hey, if SS wants to play this game, why not participate?

Im sure they will charge NRD as soon as it converts, lol, when i ordered pred 2 maq, when it first popped out, I panicked and ordered ,thinking i will get time to cancel, It was charged immediately, im sure it will happen when this waitlist happens as well, as least it was there as a warning when i placed the waitlist order,, if someone backs out them , Sideshow will be keeping a lot of NRDs lol

Im sure they will charge NRD as soon as it converts, lol, when i ordered pred 2 maq, when it first popped out, I panicked and ordered ,thinking i will get time to cancel, It was charged immediately, im sure it will happen when this waitlist happens as well, as least it was there as a warning when i placed the waitlist order,, if someone backs out them , Sideshow will be keeping a lot of NRDs lol

Was the maquette on WL status when you ordered?

What I think is funny is that people complain when too many are made cause its not as exclusive. Then the same people will complain when they miss out if its a low es :lol there are more and more moaners on here every day.

So Sideshow is suddenly going to make one of Marvel's flagship characters super limited? Hmmm, something smells fishy here. I think it's great if it's true because for this price it really should be more limited. I have to wonder if it's just a ploy though to make everyone jump on the wait list and then they will magically convert a bunch of those orders sometime within the next 12-14 months.

I highly doubt ssc will not milk this for everything its worth. I am sure there will be quiet a few of these made.

This is totally weird.
Saw the post about it being waitlisted just now, so went to reserve one.
It won't allow me to flex it, as usual with waitlists. After completing the order, I got a TC number, and in my orders list it said 'Processing', not 'Reservation Submitted'.
I was also able to change it to Flex-pay, and now have a complete flex order, however the statue still shows as waitlisted in Sideshow's page...

Anyone else tried this?

Back