Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on guys, there is no way they put it on WL after 12 hours because of a. Wanting to get panic sales or b. So you could not use a coupon. It is a BRAND NEW PO. None of that makes any sense.

It is obviously one of three things
1. Computer error (I lean towards most likely)
2. Lower than expected ES (Possible, though not the way SS usually goes about things)
3. Sold lightning fast (Doubtful, even with the demand, most people wait a few days at least, and I would think the price point would have also slowed orders.)

I fully expect it is an error in their system, and someone is going to have a bad day at work explaining how it could have happened, then fixing all the WL orders that now need to be converted. If it is 2 or 3, Woah, this could be VERY hard to come by down the road.

I don't understand, the Regular is still plenty available. People are scrambling over an Exclusive that literally offers nothing more than the Regular.

I did the waitlist and not going to worry about the reg version. I can't see this selling out with in the first 4-5 hours

I really hope they don't attach his left arm where the visible seam line is next to his shoulder. You can only see it in a couple of the photos. It looks like they either photoshopped it, or fixed it for some of the pics. They should detach the hands close to the wrist like the comiquette.

Well if this is truly already waitlisted my theory about Sideshows EX edtion sizes seems to be true. The come into the EX order with two numbers a minimum due to the license agreement and a max say of around 2000. Once the max is hit they waitlist and then the reg goes up for order. Another thing some don't seem to understand is I believe there are two parts to the EX both the head and the webbing being fired are the EX, not just the head but I'd like official confirmation before I state that as fact.

Well if its truly waitlisted...good luck to the rest of you.

Well if this is truly already waitlisted my theory about Sideshows EX edtion sizes seems to be true. The come into the EX order with two numbers a minimum due to the license agreement and a max say of around 2000. Once the max is hit they waitlist and then the reg goes up for order. Another thing some don't seem to understand is I believe there are two parts to the EX both the head and the webbing being fired are the EX, not just the head but I'd like official confirmation before I state that as fact.

Well if its truly waitlisted...good luck to the rest of you.

That is a fact (about the EX) they confirmed it on SF. They just pooched the announcement.

I don't understand, the Regular is still plenty available. People are scrambling over an Exclusive that literally offers nothing more than the Regular.

I agree that it is a lackluster EX, but not a terrible one. People have waited years for a shot at another 1/4 Spidey EX, and if they already missed the boat, it will be a feeding frenzy. Hell, I went on the WL for it and I was always planning on passing for the variant.

FWIW, I think the Web hand has been underplayed a little bit, and it may really sell the action against a future villian piece.

Besides Mule, when has anyone ever clamored for a Regular? Regular pfft, the words even taste bad in my mouth...

Is it possible there wont be a bigger ES because the engineering of this piece a bit more difficult thus production wont be as easy.

The EX droids had a small ES and even though it was an "open edition" they closed it pretty quick. I think that might have been due to the difficulties of making them...

All speculation by me :)

I bet they want to see how many wait listers they get crammed in there so they can make the ES size more accurate. If they get 5K on the waitlist, they'll make 5K lol.

People seem to have ignored the price bump. $470 without shipping. Add shipping and customs and international buyers (UK at least) will be shelling out over £430 - perhaps quite a bit more.

And as for the WL thing. Oh, gimme a break. There are at least three to four thousand exclusives left. Possibly even more. Whether you get on the "wait list" now, or you get on in months later, you'll get an exclusive. Some folks on this forum may not like to hear this, but SSC isn't into the ultra-limited ES collectible business anymore, sorry. They make popular pieces and they make them in many thousands.

For people who really like the piece, this is good news all round. But this piece isn't sold out.

People seem to have ignored the price bump. $470 without shipping. Add shipping and customs and international buyers (UK at least) will be shelling out over £430 - perhaps quite a bit more.

And as for the WL thing. Oh, gimme a break. There are at least three to four thousand exclusives left. Possibly even more. Whether you get on the "wait list" now, or you get on in months later, you'll get an exclusive. Some folks on this forum may not like to hear this, but SSC isn't into the ultra-limited ES collectible business anymore, sorry. They make popular pieces and they make them in many thousands.

For people who really like the piece, this is good news all round. But this piece isn't sold out.

Your not kidding about the price. Sorry but im hating hard on this one. Sideshow quality is complete ****. Every pf goes up 40 bucks. For what? Paint issues, delays, and one eyed statues. Im so done with their stuff. It just blows my mind that they have the nerve to charge what they charge people.

Maybe, maybe not. Until the folks at SS wake up and report for work, we are all left scratching our heads. But quite a few pieces, especially on the Marvel side have had relatively low ES. Only the trinity are in the 'Many thousands' nothing else fits that example.

Will still be suprised if this is real though. Can't see them leaving that much money on the table on such a popular character.

Two theories mentioned, computer gliche or Ex ES reached. If an ES was reached why is it TBD, now and prior to WL?

Think about the Batman PF when he went up for order. Minute one he was TBD, four days later they had him on waitlist. We didn't find out his edition size for a bit after that but it was 2000 EXs they ordered through in 4 days.

That's why I have my Theory. Say they have a minimum of 500pcs they need to make according to the License agreement with Marvel/Disney, okay great but this Spider-man, we know we can sell more than that. Okay, how many more, well we sold 2000 Batman EX, 2500 Superman EX but that took a while but he's at that level. Okay so Let's make Spider-man 2000 max on the ES. So now they have to sell at least 500 and they Max out at 2000pcs into production.

Since they don't actually know if they'll hit the 2000 they have to say TBD, it's better for Sideshow to sell through their EXs and have Regs to sell than to have EXs left over by the time the Order Ships. So say sales aren't what they thought after 6 weeks on PO, they've only sold 1350 EXs and the POs have slowed. Okay, no problem, We cap him off at 1500pcs we have 150 more EXs to sell and they'll sell through way before the order ships.

It makes perfect business sense if you think about it. It gives you a minimum number to sell, a max ceiling but you still have reg orders and you can cap off sales ay time you like if you feel you aren't hitting max sales.

Hence why the Joker sold out in 18 hours, Batman Sold in 4 days and this is probably gone except for whatever cancelations you're going to see from credit cards and people just not wanting it anymore.

Your not kidding about the price. Sorry but im hating hard on this one. Sideshow quality is complete ****. Every pf goes up 40 bucks. For what? Paint issues, delays, and one eyed statues. Im so done with their stuff. It just blows my mind that they have the nerve to charge what they charge people.

We made SSC the beast it has become. Me, you and everyone else who has spent hundreds, then thousands, then tens of thousands over close to a decade.

We accommodate significant price increases with no attendant increase in materials: have you seen the broken up pictures of Captain America Charge on Hydra? The thing is broken and plastic. I feel sad and saddened even owning it and I PO'd literally from day one.

We accommodate drops--significant drops sometimes--in QC.

We accommodate ESs going up from dozens to hundreds to thousands and perhaps even over 10k in the near future

We accommodate NRDs for even the most questionable pieces with thousands available and by locking yourself in with an NRD, you automatically become at least a little more apologist for the piece and for SSC's marketing strategy behind it.

We accommodate paying the same price, or more, for re-released "variants"

I can go on but really can't be bothered. I'm not here to win any popularity contest--and that is not something that is of particular interest to me--but SSC is now to collectibles what EA is to video games. The "waitlist" thing is just another boardroom gimmick. Anyone who really wants the EX (gone are the days of EX or FAIL!!) then get on the WL. Now, or months later, you'll get a delightful email telling you it's been magically converted.

Back to this piece, if you are international and you pay over £430 for the EX then I applaud your loyalty. Because even in the secondary market years later, I'm not sure a spider-man statue available in thousands will be unavailable to buy at at least that price. I might be wrong. Recent trends seem to suggest otherwise.

And if it does, we can be sure there'll be a re-release, a color variant or just another spider statue that will make up for that. SSC knows our wants and is caring enough to always fill that space.

This is an excellent sculpt and Canale never fails to impress.

Last edited:
Think about the Batman PF when he went up for order. Minute one he was TBD, four days later they had him on waitlist. We didn't find out his edition size for a bit after that but it was 2000 EXs they ordered through in 4 days.

That's why I have my Theory. Say they have a minimum of 500pcs they need to make according to the License agreement with Marvel/Disney, okay great but this Spider-man, we know we can sell more than that. Okay, how many more, well we sold 2000 Batman EX, 2500 Superman EX but that took a while but he's at that level. Okay so Let's make Spider-man 2000 max on the ES. So now they have to sell at least 500 and they Max out at 2000pcs into production.

Since they don't actually know if they'll hit the 2000 they have to say TBD, it's better for Sideshow to sell through their EXs and have Regs to sell than to have EXs left over by the time the Order Ships. So say sales aren't what they thought after 6 weeks on PO, they've only sold 1350 EXs and the POs have slowed. Okay, no problem, We cap him off at 1500pcs we have 150 more EXs to sell and they'll sell through way before the order ships.

It makes perfect business sense if you think about it. It gives you a minimum number to sell, a max ceiling but you still have reg orders and you can cap off sales ay time you like if you feel you aren't hitting max sales.

Hence why the Joker sold out in 18 hours, Batman Sold in 4 days and this is probably gone except for whatever cancelations you're going to see from credit cards and people just not wanting it anymore.

Excellent recap Josh. I was not here yet for Joker/Bats, so the only real fast sellouts I have seen first hand are the suprise announcements (White Storm/Widow).

They have NO incentive to mask the sellout to garner more WL orders, in fact, that would only slow the number of orders. Like you speculated, if they hit their number, it is likely gone. We have all got complacent with things taking so much longer to sell out, there has been no urgency. This one is going to bite some people if what you say is correct (very plausable). The only thing is, like everything else, with the long lead time, you are sure to get several conversions if you get on early.

I will say this, I would not sleep on any future pre-orders.

If I was to guess.... and I could be wrong ... I think SSC had to set up an ES in the background as part of the listing. I am guessing say 500, that would mean that this piece sold at relatively the same clip as say Batman. Now that doesn't mean they can't just UP the number, but it is my speculation.

Honestly, if this stays waitlisted, people are going to lose it....lol. I will admit to hoping on the waitlist to see what happens. I was already leaning towards ordering this to see how it comes out though. Oh well... the next day or two could be very interesting.

Excellent recap Josh. I was not here yet for Joker/Bats, so the only real fast sellouts I have seen first hand are the suprise announcements (White Storm/Widow).

They have NO incentive to mask the sellout to garner more WL orders, in fact, that would only slow the number of orders. Like you speculated, if they hit their number, it is likely gone. We have all got complacent with things taking so much longer to sell out, there has been no urgency. This one is going to bite some people if what you say is correct (very plausable). The only thing is, like everything else, with the long lead time, you are sure to get several conversions if you get on early.

I will say this, I would not sleep on any future pre-orders.

Thank you, as I said it's just a theory of mine but to me it would make sense.

If I was to guess.... and I could be wrong ... I think SSC had to set up an ES in the background as part of the listing. I am guessing say 500, that would mean that this piece sold at relatively the same clip as say Batman. Now that doesn't mean they can't just UP the number, but it is my speculation.

Honestly, if this stays waitlisted, people are going to lose it....lol. I will admit to hoping on the waitlist to see what happens. I was already leaning towards ordering this to see how it comes out though. Oh well... the next day or two could be very interesting.

See and this is what sucks. If this is a true waitlist For guys like you that are Spider-man fans but were kinda on the fence if this thing sold out you miss out and that isn't cool.

But part of me really does hope the EX is sold out for all the jackwagons on this forum that are always "blah blah blah I'll order later and get an EX at a discount" :cuckoo:

I'm not here to win any popularity contest
This is an excellent sculpt and Canale never fails to impress.

Just left the relevant bits. Not sure why you are choosing this thread as your soap box.

ES are going down, not up, from the highs of the trinity. Marvel pieces have NEVER approached those numbers.

What Spiderman piece ever made sells for less than it retailed for (Even the JSC Com is holding it's own on the EX). Most sell for significantly more, even the 1/6 Koto. If you can even find one to buy.

They have already confirmed a Variant on this piece.

The NRD and higher prices seems to have made people more critical, more jaded, less forgiving.

Also, that Allied Cap is a fantastic piece (Heater shield aside), not sure what you feel sad about having own/owned that. Truly a bizzar comment.

Back