Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay it was a glitch ... back up for PO

I figured it was a glitch last night when this happened. I don't care what the ES is, but part of me wishes this really was sold out simply to quiet all those in other groups who instantly said it was just a scam to get more orders.

I mean, the statue had been up 12 hours! There's zero incentive for Sideshow to make a fake wait list in the dead of morning in hopes to "cause panic buys."

And yet now that the glitch is fixed they'll all no doubt just gloat that they were right and it was underhanded and expected.

I think complaining about costs and quality and all that is to be expected and it makes sense -- I mean, that's part of what forums and groups are for. But sometimes if feels like some people have just really grown to hate collecting and simply stick around to spread said hate.

That's not aimed at anyone in particular in here, just a statement in general.

Looks like someone just posted this about Alex mentioning the "lean" concern that some may have about the piece! I'll quote it here, and maybe she'll come and confirm, but it's still good to hear a lot of engineering thought went into the piece!

Sideshow Alex -- "Since I've seen a few concerns regarding worries over potential leaning of this piece I wanted to relay some information I received from the production team about the engineering of this piece.

It is being engineered to have metal rods that go from the Spider-Man body through his support arm and then into a big chunk of the beam/base portion of the piece. Those metal rods are being placed in there to try and prevent any leaning that such a piece could incur without a metal rod internal structure.

So just passing that along since there have been questions/concerns (rightfully so) about potential lean of this item."

I'm so confused WL or no wl? What happens if we jumped on the WL already? I just jump on this morning just to be safe. I hope we get a warning before the NRD gets charged. If this is not on a real WL I want to cancel and wait for in hand pics before buying anything. I would hate to force to buy when it really wasn't on a WL, when it says it's on WL making me think it's a really low run. If this is not on WL I will need to call SS to cancel before a NRD gets charge. So is it confirm its a glitch?

I'm so confused WL or no wl? What happens if we jumped on the WL already? I just jump on this morning just to be safe. I hope we get a warning before the NRD gets charged. If this is not on a real WL I want to cancel and wait for in hand pics before buying anything. I would hate to force to buy when it really wasn't on a WL, when it says it's on WL making me think it's a really low run. If this is not on WL I will need to call SS to cancel before a NRD gets charge. So is it confirm its a glitch?

Why don't you just buy it if you like it? If you don't like, pass on it. I'm not sure why the dilemma.

So who jumped on the fake WL and got charged NRD :lol

I jumped on but no email from ss yet on a charge. I want to cancel it saying it's not on WL anymore. So now I just checked the ss site and it's still on WL? So now I'm stuck and don't want to cancel until I see for sure it's still for sale.

Why don't you just buy it if you like it? If you don't like, pass on it. I'm not sure why the dilemma.

1 drama.png

I'm sooooooooooooooo weak. Saw it was on waitlist. Added my name to the waitlist. But as soon as I did that it converted right away. I think this is Sideshow playing games again. I'm really starting to get a bad taste in my mouth about their practices.

I want to save on big ES releases with a coupon later on down the road. It's adding up towards my free PF. Unless it's really low on the ES I may buy it early just to not risk losing out. Otherwise I will wait for discounts or in hand pics to decide.

I said I liked it but I wasn't going to buy it as a fear of having to buy a bunch of other Marvel Characters since my statue collection is based around the Hulk at the moment. I'm weak, so weak.

Ok I will call ss now to cancel. I can't afford to wait through the weekend with them being close while the NRD gets charged on my account. Then I'm sure I will get an email on Monday saying I'm charged. Even if I buy it won't be At this time for a most likely big ES statue.

I want to save on big ES releases with a coupon later on down the road. It's adding up towards my free PF. Unless it's really low on the ES I may buy it early just to not risk losing out. Otherwise I will wait for discounts or in hand pics to decide.

Cool. Where do you get the coupons from? Do they eventually come out with every SS release?

Cool. Where do you get the coupons from? Do they eventually come out with every SS release?

It's the monthly coupons thread. Great collectors post them so that we can all use them. With so many PO we all have they add up so fast. Why not save right? Mostly 20.00 off eligible statues. The ones that stick around for PO a few months. Almost every ex can be used with a coupon these days because they hang around for order for so long.

No no, this is what you said:
Ha ha. Funny Gifs. Limited Edition : TBD = no buy from me. Sideshow is really shooting themselves in the foot. Yes some people want it just for the statue but there are others who want it and hope it will increase in value. TBD = A **** load of them. Non rarity = a statue that may actually go down in value. If they had done a 500 edition size or even 1000 on the EX I may have scooped one up. I'm not buying to flip, I just like buying a statue enjoying it for a few years then I sell it, get my money back or make a little profit so I can buy a new statue to replace it.

Back