Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typo, corrected. BTW went as far as I could to place an order short of hitting the place order button. No wait list, unless it comes up after the actual order is placed. You guys just trying to get people to order?
:lol Nope.

rnZQCVI.png

I was shocked! I JUST got my first opportunity to order this. It was showing "Pre-Order" on the order page with no mention of the Wait List?? BUT when it goes into my cart, it says its a Wait list reservation? I've never seen this before. I jumped on just in case as this was to be my definitive Spidey piece, and really like the squinty eye portrait. Damn overtime shift...:gah:

There's a chance they're just working on something over night...I mean, the ES is TBD, so unless this was such a huge hit that they were flooded with thousands of orders, odds are it'll be back up and running tomorrow! It's also off the main page of for sale items on their site at the moment, so you have to go to "What's New" and click on the top image to get to the page...there it goes on Wait List if you toss it in the cart.

But yeah, even on the slim chance that it did go to wait list, you're all but guaranteed to convert this early.

Yeah it is waitlisted but they'll probably update it later. No way they're low
I don't know if it's a fakeout, or if SSC are number crunching to figure out how to go ahead, but I'm thinking it's way early to be panicking over it .....

Says the guy who already got his EX pre order in .....

I don't know if it's a fakeout, or if SSC are number crunching to figure out how to go ahead, but I'm thinking it's way early to be panicking over it .....

LoL at the small print.

Hopefully, I'll wake up in the morning and it'll be back up so I can cancel the waitlist order and place a regular order as I was planning to blow up my reward point piggy bank to use on spidey.... then as I make my breakfast, I shall shake my fist at SS for causing me unnecessary anxiety.

:lol

I don't think anyone is panicking over it...just observing since it was so fast. That said, it's the middle of the night, so if something went wrong or they're fixing something, now would be the time. I'm 99% sure that by the time morning comes around it'll be fixed and back to being ready to PO for anyone who wants it.

Says waitlist on the main page now when you go direct from the banner link. WTH? Either it is a huge goof, or they are going to go back to being a limited collectibles company (actually think that would kind of suck, at least with no warning). Has to be a goof, they would have tipped us off otherwise.

Everyone's going to wake up in a few hours after it's all fixed and go, "What in the hell were those guys going on about for 2-3 pages?" :lol

I remember back in the day when something went on waitlist that was it, it was on waitlist. If you ordered on waitlist early enough chances are you'd get a conversion. I don't order as much now as when I first found sideshow but now it seems like something goes on waitlist then next thing you know its back to available to order then back to waitlist. It wouldn't bee the first time I've seen it happen (should it go back to being available) It's a good way to get those who were unsure of ordering to panic :panic: and place an order when it becomes available again after being on wl :lol. We'll see what happens in the morning :dunno

I went ahead and placed a WL order just in case it is real (doubtful, but still). I mean, I guess if they are trying to take a page out of XM's book and set it at 1k. Alex did say it was already in production. No, that can't be right, I will be stunned if it is. The strange thing is it gives you the flex pay option on the main page, then takes it away when going to the order.

Strange happenings.

I'm 99% sure that something is being fixed or worked on and the EX will be back up for PO come morning. There are already conspiracy theories going on in other groups and boards about Sideshow doing it to get more orders. Something tells me that their core sales don't happen at 4AM EST/1AM PST. :lol

I went ahead and placed a WL order just in case it is real (doubtful, but still). I mean, I guess if they are trying to take a page out of XM's book and set it at 1k. Alex did say it was already in production. No, that can't be right, I will be stunned if it is. The strange thing is it gives you the flex pay option on the main page, then takes it away when going to the order.

Strange happenings.

It's the middle of the night! :lol I'd be completely flabbergasted (don't get to use that word often!) if this is anything but them working out some kinks during incredibly off-peak hours. And it's definitely not in production! We'll be seeing the prototype for the first time at SDCC, and the piece isn't due out for another year.

It's the middle of the night! :lol I'd be completely flabbergasted (don't get to use that word often!) if this is anything but them working out some kinks during incredibly off-peak hours. And it's definitely not in production! We'll be seeing the prototype for the first time at SDCC, and the piece isn't due out for another year.

Alex had already said it was in production. That doesn't mean they are painting it right now, I mean it is a 2016 release after all, just that perhaps they are already setting up the molds, sourcing materials and what not. I thought that was an odd statement at the time. That is not to say this is a real WL, heck I was waiting on the Variant, but in the off chance it is a low ES, well, would be kind of foolish not to get a WL order in just in case. Can always cancel when they fix it in the morning.

Depending on how you feel, you can imagine Spidey chasing down the Goblin in front of him, or trying to escape the Goblin from behind him.

Right now, I don't think I'd pay $470+ for an SSC Green Goblin to accompany this statue, I mean, I want one, sure, but actually spending money on it, meh, don't know about that. I think Spidey is a nice enough stand alone piece.

Maybe a bit gimmicky to some, but I would have liked the pumpkin explosions to light up. Might help soften the darker smoke colours that some peeps don't like, with light shining behind them. Plus, LED's are cool.

Oh crazy, it actually officially says "Join the Wait List" now, but says that the Regular Edition is available...not saying it wont change back come morning, but that does seem a little more in line with it possibly having a lot of orders already on deck from today!

I'm guessing that they're going over everything if today was a busy day on the order front and seeing what the next step will be. That said, I wonder if when/if they re-open the Wait List after some may order a regular now fearing it may go too (that's not going to happen, but still!) if that'll just cause more frustration with people trying to swap their regular orders over to EX orders.

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out tomorrow...erm...today!

Back