Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Purchased. I dont really care for the EX squinting eye, but the web shooting is a nice feature.

Alright ima take a break from this thread i'll see you all again around release date
MSfLNbk.gif

Looks like the Exclusive went to wait list already!

Wow, even though conversion this early is likely and it's possibly them just checking numbers before it goes back to being available, I'm really glad I ordered from work now!

1116.gif

I was shocked! I JUST got my first opportunity to order this. It was showing "Pre-Order" on the order page with no mention of the Wait List?? BUT when it goes into my cart, it says its a Wait list reservation? I've never seen this before. I jumped on just in case as this was to be my definitive Spidey piece, and really like the squinty eye portrait. Damn overtime shift...:gah:

Only concern I have is how the paint app turns out when i get it...

Well there's not a snowballs chance it's coming out like those proto picks if the 1/5 line is anything to go by. They will most likely black wash the black lines, which will lead to the statue looking rather dull. I can't see them achieving great QC on the paint considering they will probably churn out a minimum of 6000 for this, probably more.

Once everyone is either happy or sad, they will release a alternate about 6 months later that will most likely look better than this.....

Cool statue though, probably Sideshows best effort this year.

Well there's not a snowballs chance it's coming out like those proto picks if the 1/5 line is anything to go by. They will most likely black wash the black lines, which will lead to the statue looking rather dull. I can't see them achieving great QC on the paint considering they will probably churn out a minimum of 6000 for this, probably more.

Once everyone is either happy or sad, they will release a alternate about 6 months later that will most likely look better than this.....

Cool statue though, probably Sideshows best effort this year.

Effort? Its not even out yet sour puss. Jeez. Get over yourselves.

Guys who aren't jerks, is it typical the NRD doesn't get charged right away?

Effort? Its not even out yet sour puss. Jeez. Get over yourselves.

Guys who aren't jerks, is it typical the NRD doesn't get charged right away?

I'm a jerk because I've got doubts over sideshows ability to deliver a quality statue? Not been here long have you.... calm yourself big man. My points are valid going off past facts.

I personally do think it's sideshows best piece in a while, I'm not sure why that got your pants in a twist. Such a friendly bunch.

With the EX already on waitlist, the edition size may not be that large. Granted, we have had quite a few fake waitlists in the last year. None this fast though. How long until the edition size is revealed?

I'm a jerk because I've got doubts over sideshows ability to deliver a quality statue? Not been here long have you.... calm yourself big man. My points are valid going off past facts.

I personally do think it's sideshows best piece in a while, I'm not sure why that got your pants in a twist. Such a friendly bunch.

You are some how predicting the future? If you said, "I'm worried about this stuff" ok... But you're saying "Sideshow will fail, it won't look as good, I guarantee it... But nice try."

Please, be respectful. This is your hobby, but people like IGO's career and passion. Sorry if you received QC ridden pieces in the past, but if you're truly that sour about it... Stop collecting and go ahead and hop off the forum. If you've got anything else to say, PM me. Don't waste the rest of these forum goers time with your negativity.

TBD and a Waitlist? Something doesn't add up.... If the demand was there SS would make 10k of these statues without hesitating, I won't be surprised if all the waitlist convert in the next few days.... I think SS knows most people are now waiting before buying and they're trying to freak them out... Just my opinion though..

As for QC, I'm also skeptical that SS can come through with a flawless statue, my Campbell Spiderman had lots of little smudges from the black lines and even a few small chips on it... I hope I'm wrong because I would love to see this Spider-Man with high Quality Control.... Especially since the price is heading towards the $500 mark...

The only other worry I would have is if the final piece ends up being a 100% PVC... that would be a big disappointment..

Ha ha , how about I just block you since you're clearly a bit unstable....

I wasn't being negative at all, just voicing my opinion that will most likely be correct given -

A) They won't be painting the black lines on individually
B) Spiderman (like Sups and Bats) is a popular character therefore this will be a high edition piece
C) Both of those statue's come with alternates as does the 1/5.

Maybe it's in my writing. No need to respond, I won't see it.

Anyway, now it's a waiting game to see how it comes out. Personally I don't think the leaning will be an issue, just the paint.

I just checked it's not on waitlist. On a different note what would you guys think of a light up base? I kinda think it would look cool because of what it is.

I just checked it's not on waitlist. On a different note what would you guys think of a light up base?

if you go through the check out process it will say waitlist reservation. I'd know. i just placed an order and it's a waitlist order. I should have ordered before i left for work. Doh!

"I was just voicing my opinion", then continues to apparently guarantee that they "won't paint the lines individually". Please let me know where you got your all knowing powers you negative, downer. Hope you enjoy consistently posting and following a forum of a product you obviously don't like. Must be a miserable life.

Sad thing is you probably ordered this minute one, and are just being a typical internet troll.

Back