Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A squinting eye is an ex now? $470?? And why does the base resemble an exploding dog turd? :lol

right!? i don't mind that eye, but $470....they have really priced me out of most items, now i only get the must haves, which sucks, but it'll be an easy 5 bills with shipping and homey don't play that. i hope this price hike slows down cuz its just too steep. they cured my crack addiction themselves....and all this time i thought it would be my wife. :dunno

I have around 200 points coming in October....Do I wait and get a reg or just order the EX...hrrrmmmmm Seriously doubt i'll use those 200 points ever. This PF will prob be my last QQ

I have around 200 points coming in October....Do I wait and get a reg or just order the EX...hrrrmmmmm Seriously doubt i'll use those 200 points ever. This PF will prob be my last QQ

I'm kind of in the same boat...I'm in Canada, so brutal dollar, I've got Machiko reward points on deck, so that's $22...but I kinda wanted to tag this now and just be done with it. I enjoy Hot Toys, and there are prints that are nice...and I'm sure a ways down the road another PF could peak my attention, so I figured there was no point in waiting for those points. I mean, you have to wait a month after the item is delivered to actually get the RP points officially, so would that make it November for you?

Either way, 200 points is like, $11, right? I mean, that's not nothing...but at the same time, if you want this, $11 isn't really going to make a difference to the point of losing out on the EX. Even if you don't use them ever, that's like paying $11 to get the EX items. :lol

I love the whole off balanced look of this piece. I'm not a fan of the squinty eye head but everything else is awesome!! Can't wait to get it!

I also love the off-angle bit here...but I'm scared to death it won't hold.

I went through 3 Gwen Stacy maquettes before getting one that didn't lean/fall.

I haven't read all 160 pages here, but is there any word that this will stand strong and not bend or topple after being displayed for a time?

I want to order this as EX but after so many bending issues (Legendary Scale Wolverine tipped too) I just really fear QC issues with such an off-kilter piece, and wanted the thoughts of folks here.

Ex easily ordered this afternoon. I could have used reward points but I want to wait a bit longer so I can get a FREE statue... BUT with the way SSC keeps raising their prices I don't know if I am ever going to make it :(

I also love the off-angle bit here...but I'm scared to death it won't hold.

I went through 3 Gwen Stacy maquettes before getting one that didn't lean/fall.

I haven't read all 160 pages here, but is there any word that this will stand strong and not bend or topple after being displayed for a time?

I want to order this as EX but after so many bending issues (Legendary Scale Wolverine tipped too) I just really fear QC issues with such an off-kilter piece, and wanted the thoughts of folks here.

Someone from Sideshow said that it'd last at least 8 months without the base giving out completely, after that, it's out of their hands and it'll eventually shatter like everything else in life.

tumblr_mjlfvbqnWS1rijbg1o1_500.gif

In all seriousness though, there's no way to predict it. For all leaning issues, there are loads without them that we never hear about. Environment could have something to do with it, or any number of things -- which isn't taking SS off the hook for everything whatsoever!

In the end it basically comes down to taking the risk, or waiting to see pictures...and then waiting a few more months on top of that to see if anything happens, and then hoping the statue is still available. It's basically a gamble that we believe they've studied this pose enough to balance it out as a whole.

I'm hesitant to buy this one. I was really impressed with the recent Campbell Spider Man Classic I got. The base on this one looks too much like a burnt marshmallow and I think ruins it.

Plus I thought PF statues were suppose to contain cloth? At $470, this seems pretty expensive for just another polystone statue.

Ordered through the link here. FlexPay. I don't need to Flex but I actually enjoy making the payments over full pay which I've mostly done.

Price is high but I can't pass a Spider-Man PF. Will be my 3rd 1/4 Spidey from Sideshow. This looks too good to me to pass up. But that means I'll be passing on other statues I planned to get...no Arkham Batman PF for me, possibly skipping one of the 2 Star Wars PFs I planned on getting.

I normally pass variants but I'll probably pick the Symbiote or Black Costume up, too, unless it somehow turns out looking worse.

Ex easily ordered this afternoon. I could have used reward points but I want to wait a bit longer so I can get a FREE statue... BUT with the way SSC keeps raising their prices I don't know if I am ever going to make it :(

It's funny...at the Cineplex there's a Treats & Seats deal where you get 1000 Scene points along with the combo. So I get that for $25 and tell my wife, "See, we're getting this popcorn and drinks for $7 because the next movie for one of us is free!" (1000 Scene points translates to a free movie, which I use for IMAX 3D, thus negating the $18 cost.)

But then SHE tells me that the we're still spending $25, so either we're paying full price for the next movie, or we're paying for the popcorn and drinks. Either way, we're spending $25. It breaks my brain thinking about it, but she's right...I think. :lol

It's kind of the same logic with your free statue, where any money you would have saved here is being spent now, so any money you save with your "free" statue later could've just been bought with part of the money used for this item! Like if this would've been $200 after taking $250 off with rewards points, then a future statue when you finally saved up another $250 in points to make $500 would still have been $250 as well as $250 worth of rewards points. I'm pretty sure in the end you're still spending the same amount, it just depends on where the discounts are being focused on!

Or I've just completely lost my mind!

giphy.gif

It was wise to save for a free statue when you didn't get any points while using points.
Since the T&Cs changed there's no need to sit on points.

Bet it feels good though getting a free statue.

I'm kind of in the same boat...I'm in Canada, so brutal dollar, I've got Machiko reward points on deck, so that's $22...but I kinda wanted to tag this now and just be done with it. I enjoy Hot Toys, and there are prints that are nice...and I'm sure a ways down the road another PF could peak my attention, so I figured there was no point in waiting for those points. I mean, you have to wait a month after the item is delivered to actually get the RP points officially, so would that make it November for you?

Either way, 200 points is like, $11, right? I mean, that's not nothing...but at the same time, if you want this, $11 isn't really going to make a difference to the point of losing out on the EX. Even if you don't use them ever, that's like paying $11 to get the EX items. :lol

Ya was pretty much thinking the same. Have Kier on pre-order. What part of Canada are you from? I'm from Ontario.

Well thinking about it my final Statue here will likely be Death from Court of the Dead. With Spideys points i would have $120. Given the price increase I think i may actually have to just to afford the darn thing.

Back