Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bet it feels good though getting a free statue.

This!!!

this will be the first 1/4scale Spidey I've bought and to be honest I know a lot of people like the Koto and the Comi, this is more how I picture Spider-man.

reminds of stuff like this
tumblr_n1k5l5qz2E1qhpx4lo1_1280.jpg

I love it!

Agree 100%

I love this piece. for me personally this might be the best reveal I have seen. I have no real complaints. Now the final product could be different and make me blue but if I get something that looks like this then I will be a very happy collector.

If the Final production piece comes out as well as the proto then I really believe this is SSC best work. Which is funny because I use to feel the original Comiquette was the best. If Spidey was my number 1 favorite character then this would be by far my favorite collectable in my collection. It won't be my favorite but it will be the best... Depending on Final product of course. :)

If the Final production piece comes out as well as the proto then I really believe this is SSC best work. Which is funny because I use to feel the original Comiquette was the best. If Spidey was my number 1 favorite character then this would be by far my favorite collectable in my collection. It won't be my favorite but it will be the best... Depending on Final product of course. :)

Yeah, see I've got Deadpool and his paint is fantastic. I love the shading, the smooth look of it...it's an absolutely beautifully done statue. When I see this I picture that paint work, and if they take their time with the lines, then I definitely believe this will be one of their best statues to date without question.

When I saw the tease, I loved that it was going to be dynamic, and when I saw the preview shot I fell in love...the reveal of the story woven into the base and the balancing work involved and it was full Jerry Maguire mode!

tumblr_lyfh6o7OVB1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

Well... it ain't got teeth & fins :D

:lol :lol

Yeah, see I've got Deadpool and his paint is fantastic. I love the shading, the smooth look of it...it's an absolutely beautifully done statue. When I see this I picture that paint work, and if they take their time with the lines, then I definitely believe this will be one of their best statues to date without question.

When I saw the tease, I loved that it was going to be dynamic, and when I saw the preview shot I fell in love...the reveal of the story woven into the base and the balancing work involved and it was full Jerry Maguire mode!

tumblr_lyfh6o7OVB1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

Now that is true love!

I'm hopeful that the production will turnout well. My classic JSC had great line/Web work and overall some good consistency from some fellow freaks.

Ha ha. Funny Gifs. Limited Edition : TBD = no buy from me. Sideshow is really shooting themselves in the foot. Yes some people want it just for the statue but there are others who want it and hope it will increase in value. TBD = A **** load of them. Non rarity = a statue that may actually go down in value. If they had done a 500 edition size or even 1000 on the EX I may have scooped one up. I'm not buying to flip, I just like buying a statue enjoying it for a few years then I sell it, get my money back or make a little profit so I can buy a new statue to replace it.

Was thinking of ordering later in case those nifty $20 coupons worked on this, but didn't want the EX to sell out on me. Even though the EX might be available months from now with a TBD edition size. But who knows with these things?
What Hulk is that in your avatar?

300201-the-amazing-spider-man-06.jpg

I know that many don't like the base, but I think this piece is one of SSCs best... the shot above is totally ripping apart my resolve.

I actually really like the base! When I saw the preview I thought it'd just be the side of a skyscraper being built, or something along those lines. Just Spidey swinging around the city! But it actually has a great story to it that nobody expected and it works so well!

As for the explosion, it looks a lot better than flames and such would...that's how an explosion actually looks...dark smoke puffing out with a fire burning within it...snap a picture and it'll look like a burnt marshmallow, or a bun or whatever. It's not perfect and it's fine to dislike it; however, it's clear exactly what's happening and that's all that really matters.

goodwp.com_20422.jpg

stock-photo-giant-outdoor-explosion-with-fire-and-black-smoke-41015038.jpg

stock-photo-giant-outdoors-explosion-with-fire-and-black-smoke-40651585.jpg

I mean, it's not 100%, but unlike the Vader Mythos, this one doesn't have the fiery reflection on the character...it's better this way. And it's probably not too easy to sculpt smoke...add some more ridges to it like some of the pictures have and it could be confused for a rock just as easily.

Ha ha. Funny Gifs. Limited Edition : TBD = no buy from me. Sideshow is really shooting themselves in the foot. Yes some people want it just for the statue but there are others who want it and hope it will increase in value. TBD = A **** load of them. Non rarity = a statue that may actually go down in value. If they had done a 500 edition size or even 1000 on the EX I may have scooped one up. I'm not buying to flip, I just like buying a statue enjoying it for a few years then I sell it, get my money back or make a little profit so I can buy a new statue to replace it.

I don't think anyone has bought a Sideshow statue looking to make profit in a long while. The fact that they go up with a TBD edition size does mean there'll be loads of them, but it won't go down in value. Unless the market completely bottoms out, you'll always be able to get your money back for it. It's a rare situation where you wouldn't be able to find someone to take it off your hands for what you paid.

Back