Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only worry with this thing is the potential paint apps. The shading on the red parts of the suit could either look amazing with a soft touch or atrocious with a heavy hand. Plus, the Iron Patriot they just put out is a joke paint-wise. I guess we'll see...

My only worry with this thing is the potential paint apps. The shading on the red parts of the suit could either look amazing with a soft touch or atrocious with a heavy hand. Plus, the Iron Patriot they just put out is a joke paint-wise. I guess we'll see...

This is the biggest question of all. If I knew 100% that the piece I get a year from now will match this proto, day one PO no question. Price is a tad high but I would drop that no problem.

They did, look at the hulks. Could have easily been 25 inches tall, the hunched him over and made him 20inches deep. Then people complained he looked too short. Point is they should design it how it looks best. Not on cabinets

I didn't complain but a simple request :wink1: Just would like a variety.

Love the way Spidey looks...just not a fan of the explosion effect. Still a great looking piece.

I agree, smokey explosions are very difficult to pull off on statues. For me, it does miss the mark on this piece. However, the rest of the statue looks very dynamic.

This is the biggest question of all. If I knew 100% that the piece I get a year from now will match this proto, day one PO no question. Price is a tad high but I would drop that no problem.

This is the exact reason that I'm scared of this one. All those lines.... :horror

Yeah, that pretty much goes without saying. :pray:

Not keen on the orange poo explosion effect either atm but the bombs are a nice touch.

That was my thought on the base when I looked at it from the side. I think I've only seen a few statues with really good cloud or explosion bases. I like the orange highlights on this base. But if this is how the brown looks from Sideshow. I shiver at what the factory might produce.

I'm sticking with my Koto Spider-Man Unleashed. Plus XM will make a Spidey statue eventually. With Spider-Man being a popular character there will always be other versions. And with Sideshow and their TBD editions, chances are this new version will never reach what the comiquette goes for if I change my mind.

That was my thought on the base when I looked at it from the side. I think I've only seen a few statues with really good cloud or explosion bases. I like the orange highlights on this base. But if this is how the brown looks from Sideshow. I shiver at what the factory might produce.

I'm sticking with my Koto Spider-Man Unleashed. Plus XM will make a Spidey statue eventually. With Spider-Man being a popular character there will always be other versions. And with Sideshow and their TBD editions, chances are this new version will never reach what the comiquette goes for if I change my mind.

Agreed. The explosion technique they used is just something I don't like visually and reminds me of what's used on many Bowen Iron Man pieces that I won't buy for the same reason. Others like it so more power to them. Here's some examples below.

I do like this Spidey concept better than any of Sideshow's previous Spidey releases, as it captures the essence of the character much, much more imo.

Bowen%20Designs%20Marvel%20Modern%20Iron%20Man%20Statue%202.jpg

900258_press03-001.jpg

Yeah, I have the original Spidey and Venom COMs so if SSC releases another Green Goblin PF ( I didn't like the 1st GG PF), that'll be all I need to wrap up my Spidey related PFs.

My favorite statue is def my Kotobukiya Spiderman and venom. Was debating on the Carnage getting released in 2 months in the same line but i'm going to wait on that one. Owning koto 1/6th and campbell 1/5 sideshows 1/4 just seems required to complete my spidey collection :rotfl

that base is not for me. I can only imagine what inhand pieces will look like.

I agree with those who would have preferred NOT having the smoke/fire/bombs.

having said that, it is about as dynamic a spidey as we'll ever see in this scale. ordered : )

Not so fast my friend. You know XM will have one in the future and I'm guessing their pose will be (dare I say) AMAZING.

I do like the look of Spidey in this statue. I am not as big of a fan of the base though, especially the smoke bombs. I predicted earlier this would be in the upper $400's. I'm still shocked SS didn't go with a $499 price tag based on the popularity of the character. I have the original Spidey premium format so I will pass on this but I'm happy for those that need a Spidey statue and like it.

image.jpg

I do like the definition they put into his back,,,
The base is ok but I do need spider-man so I'm pretty sure I'll be getting him...

I do like the look of Spidey in this statue. I am not as big of a fan of the base though, especially the smoke bombs. I predicted earlier this would be in the upper $400's. I'm still shocked SS didn't go with a $499 price tag based on the popularity of the character. I have the original Spidey premium format so I will pass on this but I'm happy for those that need a Spidey statue and like it.

I'll own both

My favorite statue is def my Kotobukiya Spiderman and venom. Was debating on the Carnage getting released in 2 months in the same line but i'm going to wait on that one. Owning koto 1/6th and campbell 1/5 sideshows 1/4 just seems required to complete my spidey collection :rotfl

I own the Koto Spidey too. A PHENOMENAL statue in every way. Since I already have the SSC Venom COM, I passed on the Koto Venom (still think it looks great though). Instead of the Koto Venom, I picked up the Diamond Select Marvel Milestones Green Goblin statue. It fit in perfectly with the Koto Spidey and I had to have Green Goblin represented in my collection. Now I just want to see what the Green Goblin PF is going to look like in this line. If it looks good, I'll be all over it.

Back