Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone with the original comi(not campbell one) tell me how the webbing on his suit is painted? On the campbell comi, the webbing lines are sculpted in and painted black...probably for ease of painting. I'm pretty sure the protos were hand painted on without being sculpted into the statue.

The original has the sculpted lines.

I wonder if anyone/company has been game enough to make sculpted raised lines instead of indented lines. Very suttle raised lines. Because youd think really itll either be flat or raised

I wonder if anyone/company has been game enough to make sculpted raised lines instead of indented lines. Very suttle raised lines. Because youd think really itll either be flat or raised

Sideshow did that on their 2006(?) 1/4 PF. :D

7146_press05-001.jpg

I think they do sculpted in lines because it's easier to paint. That's fine with me as long as the lines are painted cleanly.

I think they do sculpted in lines because it's easier to paint. That's fine with me as long as the lines are painted cleanly.

The problem with the sculpted in lines is the method they use to paint them. Which I am pretty sure is black wash where the spray black paint everywhere and then whipe it off. I hope to hell they do better on this one though.

Last edited:
Change of hand with web shooting out is one of the ex parts I think.

Yeah. I read an earlier post about there being 2 parts to the exclusive. I think it's going to be an unmasked head and a switch out hand holding the mask. It makes sense with the pose and condition of the suit. Which would be great. We'd get Spidey leaping into action and Peter rushing to the scene still getting suited up. That's what I'm hoping for and will get me to insta-PO. Bring on the preview tuesday.

Yeah. I read an earlier post about there being 2 parts to the exclusive. I think it's going to be an unmasked head and a switch out hand holding the mask. It makes sense with the pose and condition of the suit. Which would be great. We'd get Spidey leaping into action and Peter rushing to the scene still getting suited up. That's what I'm hoping for and will get me to insta-PO. Bring on the preview tuesday.

While this would be awesome, I would temper expectations. I haven't seen a truly amazing EX from SSC in a loooooong time. My honest guess would be a couple swap out hands. I'm just happy to have a shot at 1/4 spidey. Please let the price be reasonable:pray:

You are correct. The second switch is unknown, yet.

I CoH could be cool...but I'd prefer it not to be unmasked...that wouldn't flow with the piece at all. The best option for an alternate head would probably be a Spider-Sense sculpt, with lines of some sort. It wouldn't be easy, but if it worked, it'd be an awesome alternate display!

2309538-spider_sense_by_spideray_d4mzxm8.png

latest

super-power-spider-sense.jpg

tumblr_m6c0mkz7Qu1qhpx4lo1_1280.jpg

Ummm... NO! :lol

Agree that unmasked wouldn't work.

I was just trying to come up with a neat idea that wasn't my original camera in an alternate hand idea! :monkey2 :lol

But yeah, in terms of alternate head sculpts, I'm not sure what others would fit outside of Spidey-sense...I mean, his eyes could be wider in a shocked look, though I would sorta consider that his Spidey sense tingling...but at the same time, I doubt anyone would choose that one over the swinging into action Spidey face that's there now.

I think that another alternate hand, or something on the base is the most likely!

I'm still thinking about a shooting web hand (which we already know) and a torn apart mask showing half of his face (one of his eyes and cheek)

Perhaps two different lengths of webbing? I really hope it's not an unmasked portrait. I want a statue of Spidey not Peter Parker.

Back