Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt have WW on waitlist. They had a lot of the exclusives so I casually came in and bought one. Had to pay 400$ up front. There wasn't a payment plan option. So, just to clarify, I should be able to set up flex pay for the exculsive Spidey PF. Because I really don't wanna miss yet another ex...
As a general rule of thumb, items that go up for pre-order can be flexed. Items that are in stock and ready to ship require payment upfront.

Probably because when he purchased WW, she was already in stock. SSC took payment right away and shipped him WW. Spidey will be a pre-order that won't be released until next year. So, he'll easily be able to flex pay the Spidey PF.

Yeah, but even if you order something in-stock there's an option to break it down into at least two payments for most things, so I'm not sure why that wouldn't appear with Wonder Woman, unless like the Wait List, you can't put an EX on a payment plan of any sort.

But yeah, either way, Spidey won't be an issue that early!

As a general rule of thumb, items that go up for pre-order can be flexed. Items that are in stock and ready to ship require payment upfront.

"Rule of thumb?! :horror Do you know why they call it the rule of thumb?"

tumblr_mep0po15wX1qhm0qco1_500.jpg

:lol

I love the history of sayings, Rule of Thumb is a great one.

Upper Crust: The poor got the oven burnt scrappy bottom piece of bread while the rich got the top bit.
Lime Light: They used to burn Lime for a spotlight.
Screws (prison officers): As a form of punishment prisoners had to turn a crank, the officer could tighten a screw on the crank to make it harder to turn.

That's all for tonight folks :lol

Upper Crust: The poor got the oven burnt scrappy bottom piece of bread while the rich got the top bit.

Screws (prison officers): As a form of punishment prisoners had to turn a crank, the officer could tighten a screw on the crank to make it harder to turn.

Those two are interesting! I've never heard the term screws used for prison officers though!

I've heard another version for screws for prison guards. I recently dealt with some escape artists and we were using some old fashioned handcuffs - they had a bar that had to be screwed into the other side of the cuff. So the term for the handcuffs migrated to be the term for prison guards. It was a British term - the handcuffs (which Houdini used often) were made in England.

Atention any and all Sideshow employees who may scan the forums. The factory that painted the Joker PF has to paint this. That is all. (drops the mic)

Anyone know when exactly this will be going up for pre-order on Thursday? I believe this will be my first ever PF and I want to make sure I snag the exclusive. Any ideas on what time they usually go up?

Anyone know when exactly this will be going up for pre-order on Thursday? I believe this will be my first ever PF and I want to make sure I snag the exclusive. Any ideas on what time they usually go up?

Don't worry you can snag the ex for at least 2 months it's a TBD edition size I'm guessing 1500-2000 Ex, personally don't care how many are made as long as QC is good!

Don't worry you can snag the ex for at least 2 months it's a TBD edition size I'm guessing 1500-2000 Ex, personally don't care how many are made as long as QC is good!

Ah, that would make sense. I assume the edition is going to be pretty large given that it's Spidey. Hopefully QC holds up, I know people had complaints about the webbing on the JSC pieces, but I can't tell from the pics if it's raised or grooved or what on this one. I guess we'll see.

I'm so damn excited for this. I think they will nail paint. I'm only mildly worried about leaning issues... Hope our minds get put at ease.

Why not an unmasked head? I think that would be the perfect Ex. You could display him with the masked head if you prefer but for those of us who has the old comiquette and PF this would be something we could put up that would be different. I just bought the old marvel milestone Peter Parker for $450 or so. I'd pay XM prices to get an unmasked Spidey. Hope somebody does a custom if sideshow doesn't give us one.

It's true...I mean, nothing can be ruled completely out of the question at this point. If there is a swap out head, I'd say the odds are more in favour of it being something different with the eyes, or stylistically (like the Deadpool and Batman PFs); however, we can't say with 100% certainty that an unmasked sculpt isn't possible...I just think it's the most unlikely.

While something like the following image could be plopped down on top of the body with ease, the pose and style of the statue just doesn't scream unmasked to me. There's no real reason for him to have no mask and be swinging around the city. Again, not impossible, I just think it's highly unlikely.

FirstTimeUnmasked_main.jpg

Back