Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to keep bringing up XM but I believe they are doing a 1/4 Doc Ock. All I need is one Spidey so I will prob pick this up and possible sell my Campbell comi...

1:4 Mysterio as well I think.

Most definitely. :lecture

XM has a Doc Ock, Mysterio, and Kraven coming out in 1/4. However, that doesn't meant SSC won't tag them too very soon. In fact I can see them doing it as a matter of course. Let's be honest this Spidey was slightly out of left field, and I believe it maybe SSC trying to answer back in a manner of speaking to XMs awesome run.

getoffmylawn.gif

They got one of the prized masters to sculpt this Amazing Spiderman. Now if they can nail the paints and QC it will be one heck of show. Let's face it if SSC gets its crap sorted out we ALL win.

Last edited:
XM has a Doc Ock, Mysterio, and Kraven coming out in 1/4. However, that doesn't meant SSC won't tag them too very soon. In fact I can see them doing it as a matter of course. Let's be honest this Spidey was slightly out of left field, and I believe it maybe SSC trying to answer back in a manner of speaking to XMs awesome run.

getoffmylawn.gif

They got one of the prized masters to sculpt this Amazing Spiderman. Now if they can nail the paints and QC it will be one heck of show. Let's face it if SSC gets its crap sorted out we ALL win.

Same can be said about their response of 4 Iron Man renders (3, 5, 7, WM Mk2) so you might be on to something.

What 'very soon' means to you and to me are probably 2 vastly different things lol. Let's take one statue at a time and see how it plays out. ;)

All this forced siding... Can't we like them both. I don't care about the secret motives... We're getting an awesome spider-man!!!!!! And doc oct from xm, and all the other stuff both are providing. Great time to be collecting!

Can_i_get_a_hallelujah.gif

All this forced siding... Can't we like them both. I don't care about the secret motives... We're getting an awesome spider-man!!!!!! And doc oct from xm, and all the other stuff both are providing. Great time to be collecting!

Hell yeah!!! I nearly skeeted when I mixed Sideshow with XM and came up with this
20150507_053950.jpg
Now if XM or Sideshow create this I will drop the Mic and officially quit collecting. Badguy web ball base, with a 1/4 scale Spidey lookin all Spidery
Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_2_30_Textless.jpg

tumblr_mbwa9nOdCB1qk4y5ao4_250.gif

Who got forced over to where? :dunno

Anyhoo, def psyched to see many 1:4 Spidey line statues announced regardless of who produces them. :lecture

Same can be said about their response of 4 Iron Man renders (3, 5, 7, WM Mk2) so you might be on to something.

What 'very soon' means to you and to me are probably 2 vastly different things lol. Let's take one statue at a time and see how it plays out. ;)

Yeppers though only two of those IMs have been put up for PO. As for very soon I thnk we will get some news on the SSC Spidey Rogue during SSC.

tumblr_mbwa9nOdCB1qk4y5ao4_250.gif

Who got forced over to where? :dunno

Anyhoo, def psyched to see many 1:4 Spidey line statues announced regardless of who produces them. :lecture

Yeah savage I think Eric and I are on them same page here.... We just want all the companies to put out great pieces, and in the end I think BOTH companies will put out some great pieces.

Yeppers though only two of those IMs have been put up for PO. As for very soon I thnk we will get some news on the SSC Spidey Rogue during SSC.

Yeah savage I think Eric and I are on them same page here.... We just want all the companies to put out great pieces, and in the end I think BOTH companies will put out some great pieces.

Oh I didn't mean people were actually picking sides and loyalties to a company. Haha. And I'm completely on the same page. I'm just glad there are so many options. And both companies are putting out quality. one day I will be able to afford xm, and one day I will most likely not be able to resist the awesome! Haha

Waiting for that new company, spidey976 studios... :wink1:

Oh I didn't mean people were actually picking sides and loyalties to a company. Haha. And I'm completely on the same page. I'm just glad there are so many options. And both companies are putting out quality. one day I will be able to afford xm, and one day I will most likely not be able to resist the awesome! Haha

Waiting for that new company, spidey976 studios... :wink1:

Lol.... Their sculptor is **** though...lol

Why are XM studios statues almost all $800? x.x Are they all really big? Extra detail?

I cant speak for all of them but I have the XM cap and XM magneto and they have perfect paint, the detail is exquisite and are heavy as hell. One of the sentinel fingers weighs as much as Harley Quinn lol. I personally think the paint process has a lot to do with it because I have not seen even the slightest squiggle in the lines, on the ones I have at least.

Dream engineering for this. (Due to the obvious seam on Spider-Man's right arm) The white line would be a steel tube, the black line a steel rod. The black rod would slide into the white steel tube a couple inches deep.

5102b8109b21b733c5e9119ee7c5d348_zpskszlabm8.jpg

Dream engineering for this. (Due to the obvious seam on Spider-Man's right arm) The white line would be a steel tube, the black line a steel rod. The black rod would slide into the white steel tube a couple inches deep.

5102b8109b21b733c5e9119ee7c5d348_zpskszlabm8.jpg

Yup. This is exactly how I pictured the support when I first saw this piece.

Can anyone with the original comi(not campbell one) tell me how the webbing on his suit is painted? On the campbell comi, the webbing lines are sculpted in and painted black...probably for ease of painting. I'm pretty sure the protos were hand painted on without being sculpted into the statue.

I am pretty sure the lines were similar. There were also line issues with orginal too. I want to get mine repainted like this. Changes everything IMO

IMG_6346.jpg

IMG_6342.jpg

Back