Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez! Stop being so bitter and get over it. No one forced you to order first day.
If the Ex sold out you wouldn't be moaning.

Your solution is no one should get a discount because it's fairer?
All kinds of retailers use discounts to shift products and clear warehouse space.

They already 'block coupon codes from being used on selected pieces for a certain amount of time'.

Agreed. While I do think it should be first come first served I also think there is absolutely no point to ordering a Sideshow statue on Day 1. I face palm every time I see "Day 1 PO!" Why do it? Especially with flex pay? Why give a company money for a product that hasn't been released yet? Much better to keep that money in your bank account and earn some interest on it rather than dish it out so quickly.

Actually, I have Stuvas and you would really have to letthe arm stick out quite a bit to make it fit. I had a special glass case made
I'll be getting two of these:

STUVA Frame - IKEA

Adjustable shelves, and 50cm deep, which should also be deep enough to display the Hulk I ordered from Collectibles Direct a few days after I pre-ordered Spidey.

Agreed. While I do think it should be first come first served I also think there is absolutely no point to ordering a Sideshow statue on Day 1. I face palm every time I see "Day 1 PO!" Why do it? Especially with flex pay? Why give a company money for a product that hasn't been released yet? Much better to keep that money in your bank account and earn some interest on it rather than dish it out so quickly.

When you pre order and select to pay in full, only the non-refundable deposit is due. The balance is charged at the time of shipping. In sense you actually keeping your money longer than the flex payers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never mind, I just reread your post and I get what you are saying.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully mine will be included in that batch once I change my order to pay in full on Monday.

The last time I changed mine from flex to full pay after first batch, they gave flex priority on second batch hahahah

Why I order right away? Because it is easy and then I am done. If I like it and have the money I buy it. Seems pointless to watch out for a 2-5% discount. If I am that worried about $20 I probably should not be in this hobby at all. Honestly, keep it in the bank? Interest would be what? literally a few cents for the whole year.

Why I order right away? Because it is easy and then I am done. If I like it and have the money I buy it. Seems pointless to watch out for a 2-5% discount. If I am that worried about $20 I probably should not be in this hobby at all. Honestly, keep it in the bank? Interest would be what? literally a few cents for the whole year.

The interest statement made me laugh. I rather flex and get it over on some items. If it's delayed you get full refund if you cancel. So it wouldn't matter

the discount code is 10%...and it really adds up over time - especially if you buy a lot.

You would save $47 of spiderman, $52 on green goblin, and $48 on sabretooth.

Does it get progressively more difficult to PO something as time goes on? As others have said, the savings add up. I've seen discounts range from 5% (Spider-Man), to 10% (Spider-Man and Gladiator Hulk) to 20% + Free Shipping (Mark 42 and Patriot & certain life size busts). You're talking $23 to over $100 in savings depending on the statues.

Does it get progressively more difficult to PO something as time goes on? As others have said, the savings add up. I've seen discounts range from 5% (Spider-Man), to 10% (Spider-Man and Gladiator Hulk) to 20% + Free Shipping (Mark 42 and Patriot & certain life size busts). You're talking $23 to over $100 in savings depending on the statues.
Sure, if you wait you might be able to get a discount depending on the piece. Or like Batgirl, Darkseid and many others if you wait the EX might go on wait list which means you may or may not get the piece at all. Waiting can be risky depending on the popularity of the piece. Spider-man as popular as he is already had multiple 1/4 scale pieces so this is selling slowly. However I think it will sell out once it ships.

Sure, if you wait you might be able to get a discount depending on the piece. Or like Batgirl, Darkseid and many others if you wait the EX might go on wait list which means you may or may not get the piece at all. Waiting can be risky depending on the popularity of the piece. Spider-man as popular as he is already had multiple 1/4 scale pieces so this is selling slowly. However I think it will sell out once it ships.

my strategy is to wait for a discount, and if something happens to sell out before then, I get on the waitlist immediately. It has worked 100% for me so far (either getting a discount by waiting or having my waitlist convert). You really can't lose.

Back