New Buffy Line Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Buffy PF's are actually done well... as long as you didn't get a lazy eyes buffy.. it is a great PF!

I'm hoping more as well. As long as the likeness is there.. I'm in!

Ok I am back. We were having a Diablo 2 marathon last night and played for about 14 hours straight, what did I miss? Besides talking about how badass this piece is.

I'm not sure about the chair. As I said a few months ago, a gravestone would have been a better choice. The Buffy sculpt looks good though. I especially like the body language.

I like it. It looks like something they would have done for a publicity still back in the day.
I'm always for artistic license - things conceived of as a sculpture always come out better than an adaptation of a specific moment. I am glad that they're going to be realistic. I've had it with animated statues. And this from someone who went to school for animation. :lol

Hmmm I love buffy but I dont understand the reason to put buffy in a throne(yes I watched the sideshow video but I still dont get it).....sideshow really loves putting random characters into the throne postion. I can understand Dr Doom but buffy? ghost rider? whats next? a jessica rabbit in a throne statue?

Heres Sideshow's next statue line.....
Random farm animals in throne statues
his+own+throne.jpg

I just hope, being that it's inspired by there comiquette line, that it's still in 1/6 scale. If so, this just became my Buffy center piece. Can't wait to see all the characters they do, and I hope they don't just stop in the middle again like they did with the 12" line.

They specifically said that it was a larger scale in the video. My guess is 1/4 scale.

Hmmm I love buffy but I dont understand the reason to put buffy in a throne(yes I watched the sideshow video but I still dont get it)

Too me it seems they came up with the design for the chair before they knew what line it would be used for, it's growing on me.

Hmmm I love buffy but I dont understand the reason to put buffy in a throne(yes I watched the sideshow video but I still dont get it).....sideshow really loves putting random characters into the throne postion. I can understand Dr Doom but buffy? ghost rider? whats next? a jessica rabbit in a throne statue?

Heres Sideshow's next statue line.....
Random farm animals in throne statues
his+own+throne.jpg

*snerk* Exactly! Have these people actually watched the damn show? :rotfl

That would be amazing! I would love to see that.

I will be very unhappy if they only do female characters also. We need a mix. My electric tiki set up looks really...I can't think of a good word for this but, lonely, without males.

Seconded.

I very nearly didn't see this. I'm so glad Whedon fans are getting something new to buy/enjoy/????? about. :rock

To me it looks like she's gone to kill some vamp Overlord or something, and is telling him (in typical whimsical Whedon dialogue style) why she's going to... y'know... kill him and stuff.

I like it :)

EDIT: wait... you can't talk about someone "?????ing about something?" (female dogging about something) - since when is that swearing? oh well never mind.

It definitely does look like she's giving a bad ass talk to someone she's about to take out. And you know it will have it's share of whit too. That's our Buffy.

I would be that this line will be the same size as the AH and Brooks line, maybe a little smaller. I am just hoping that it isn't the same size as the dioramas. Buffy looks nice, but I have been waiting for a great Faith statue (Echo would work nicely too).

I would be that this line will be the same size as the AH and Brooks line, maybe a little smaller. I am just hoping that it isn't the same size as the dioramas. Buffy looks nice, but I have been waiting for a great Faith statue (Echo would work nicely too).

I don't think it would be that small.

i like the throne. it is very dark. i like the unique styles they are gonna use as opposed to a "screen capture" pose which would be more suitable for a diorama IMO. these will be more of an "essence of" type of statue i guess. i wouldn't mind if this was 1/6 scale cuz i would like to pose the master figure with this piece. but i'm sure it will probably be bigger. i hope that Sideshow let's this line live for a while, and i'd love for them to branch off into Angel territory and give us an illyria statue at some point. i hope they visit some characters that they missed in the 1/6th line as well and i'd like to see some big-bads like the mayor, adam, and glory at some point.

What really has me more worried, is that the likeness will be a bit more stylised then one would hope. Sort of a cross between a real looking likeness and a more comic/animated look.

What really has me more worried, is that the likeness will be a bit more stylised then one would hope. Sort of a cross between a real looking likeness and a more comic/animated look.

The sculpt does not appear like they are going for the animated look. I think with the electric tiki already doing that they will not.

Back