New 1/6 line of LOTR figures by Asmus Toys!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we don't have to wait for the actor's likeness approval. I've heard those wraiths are very particular about how they look. I remember hearing that the Witch King rejected Toy Biz's 6" action figure 5 times before he decided it was acceptable. Lurtz on the other hand was so happy to have a figure made of him he didn't care what it looked like.

I heard Lurtz lost his head over it :dunno

:rotfl

Cool to see a company starting with a villian rather than cranking out a few releases and then walking away :lol

We still aren't 100% sure yet, I mean; all we've got to go on right now is an email. I'd wait for an announcement or some pictures before getting excited. That said I would love for the inaugural figure to be the witch king.

But my grail for this line would be a Sauron, working off the toybiz Sauron; which was 10 inches to the 6 inch figures, a 1/6 scale figure would be 20 inches tall. I think that's doable.

We still aren't 100% sure yet, I mean; all we've got to go on right now is an email. I'd wait for an announcement or some pictures before getting excited. That said I would love for the inaugural figure to be the witch king.

But my grail for this line would be a Sauron, working off the toybiz Sauron; which was 10 inches to the 6 inch figures, a 1/6 scale figure would be 20 inches tall. I think that's doable.
You could probably custom-build one with the 18" Toy Biz Spider-Man figure as a base.

That said, my grail is the Gondorian soldier:

gondor_krieger.jpg

Gondor soldier, Citadel Guard, Gimli and another Aragorn and anything from Rohan is all I'm looking for.

The trouble is they really did pick the easy character first IMO.

I'd like to see some army builder type characters at first, Ring Wraiths, multiple Uruks and Orcs, a variety of Gondorian soldiers and Rohan horse lords, elven infantry etc... We've seen the main characters a million ties now, I'd prefer to build the world of Middle Earth rather than just the storyline.m

At this stage it looks like the witch king will be the first release.

I'd like to see some army builder type characters at first, Ring Wraiths, multiple Uruks and Orcs, a variety of Gondorian soldiers and Rohan horse lords, elven infantry etc... We've seen the main characters a million ties now, I'd prefer to build the world of Middle Earth rather than just the storyline.m

It'd be great if they had an "armies of middle earth" line to go with the main characters.

I'd love some elven infantry as well, and some of those uruk hai from the battle of helms deep which I can't find a decent picture of for some reason.

Hmm, feel like I should get this but don't. Help a collecter out.

Big Chief openly shared lots of WIP pics and regularly updated fans of progress on a figure. This strategy back fired spectacularly when they company ran into the a series of the set backs with the factory.

As they posted less and less info some fans started to get upset and opening trolling the company across multiple sites and on facebook demanding BC update fans about progress. I think their openess and willingness to include the collectors in on the process ended up biting them in the butt later on when either a) there was no news on a figure or b) they didn't want to communicate problems they may have been having.

we dont need that kind of involvement,just it would be nice to see something like if they are doing the witch king give us a quick shot of his hand holding his morgul blade.or something like that

still nothing huh?...may have to unsubscribe....its frustrating getting all these updates with nothing to show...:-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back