New 1/6 line of LOTR figures by Asmus Toys!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not just this company though, news is pretty dry all around right now. I think SDCC will get the big reveal from all of these companies.

This advertisement from Asmus Toys has nothing to do with LotR.
"...the Night Guard who works in the museum...".

https://asmustoys.com/

But if Asmus Toys deliver the same "quality" tie-in with LotR...!
Anyone disturbed about the "perfect" likeness (Ben Stiller) of this Asmus Toys product?
Only a gaffe or the standard for the future... ?

This advertisement from Asmus Toys has nothing to do with LotR.
"...the Night Guard who works in the museum...".

https://asmustoys.com/

But if Asmus Toys deliver the same "quality" tie-in with LotR...!
Anyone disturbed about the "perfect" likeness (Ben Stiller) of this Asmus Toys product?
Only a gaffe or the standard for the future... ?
OMG this news is a not that goood... the quality on this night guard is :monkey4:monkey4...same of the most sideshow's figure..:slap
clothes quality:monkey4 color wrong,:monkey4, tailoring no comment..
now I am really worried abot the lotr line..:pray:

Hopefully they start with more of the characters that either don't have a human likeness to try to match or ones that don't have specific likeness like the soliders.

I for One am not understanding the complaints about the Ben Stiller figure. I'm not expecting Hot Toys quality nor am I expecting Hot Toys prices either. Give me a figure that is easily recognized for the character that they play for a good price point and I will be happy. Going by the quality of this Stiller figure it seems to me that Asmus has accomplished both.

I want to ask those of you seeing the Stiller figure and not liking where the line may possilby be heading. Is it better to have good Lord Of The Rings figures or have no Lord Of The Rings at all? Pretty sure Hot Toys has shown no interest in this line. I think Asmus Toys may be a last hope for getting anymore figures from The Lord Of The Rings.

Last edited:
The solution is so simple - i have overlooked this - sorry:

The "(un)perfect likeness" is maybe not a bug but a intentional feature.
Asmus Toys has advertised this PRE-ORDER as: "the Night Guard who works in the museum".
No name of the actor and not the correct movie title. Another unofficial / unlicensed product?
$ 99 USD (free shipping) - not expensive (nowadays).

The expectations (hopes?) are much higher for the licensed LotR line.
Some official Asmus Toys LotR pictures could stop the speculations... .

The solution is so simple - i have overlooked this - sorry:

The "(un)perfect likeness" is maybe not a bug but a intentional feature.
Asmus Toys has advertised this PRE-ORDER as: "the Night Guard who works in the museum".
No name of the actor and not the correct movie title. Another unofficial / unlicensed product?
$ 99 USD (free shipping) - not expensive (nowadays).

The expectations (hopes?) are much higher for the licensed LotR line.
Some official Asmus Toys LotR pictures could stop the speculations... .
I don't see where the likeness is off? Looks very much like Stiller down to the goofy grin. Paint aps may be lacking but the sculpt is on.

If you exaggerated every feature of Stiller it looks like him... but still pretty awful :lol

However, if the first figure is headless we should be safe :lol

Anyone see anybody else making 1:6 LotR figures? No? Then shut the **** up. :cuss

tee hee. :eek:

If you exaggerated every feature of Stiller it looks like him... but still pretty awful :lol

However, if the first figure is headless we should be safe :lol
I think it's a damn good likeness
ben_stiller_03.jpg

I am a real newbie in this forum, only reading until now. This is my first post. Tolkien fan, blame me!!!
But its flaring that especially the very high count posters are sometimes very rude if they comment the opinion from other people. Why is this necessary? Do you really want the end of diversity? Then you are on the right way: everybody else should shut up immediatelly!

I am a real newbie in this forum, only reading until now. This is my first post. Tolkien fan, blame me!!!
But its flaring that especially the very high count posters are sometimes very rude if they comment the opinion from other people. Why is this necessary? Do you really want the end of diversity? Then you are on the right way: everybody else should shut up immediatelly!
:slap If you think that's rude you better run away while your britches are still clean.

i would say its the coloring of the eyes and the overall paint job that make the stiller figure look off....good cculpt but paint needs to be upgraded....i hope they show something for TLOTR line soon....

i would say its the coloring of the eyes and the overall paint job that make the stiller figure look off....good cculpt but paint needs to be upgraded....i hope they show something for TLOTR line soon....
I agree with that part and said it in my post. The sculpt is pretty good. The paint aps are a little lacking. The wait is getting maddening. :gah: I think Asmus' idea of soon and our idea of soon are Two completely different things.

I think you're jumping to conclusions. Post count and taking opinions under considerations. So take a deep breath and try to introduce yourself to the community a little nicer

:slap If you think that's rude you better run away while your britches are still clean.

Just ignore it. Replying doesn't help.

You are a newbie. Hi :)wave). As a self confessed newbie you are not acquainted with the personalities nor the senses of humors possessed by the "high count posters". I would recommend that before you bring yourself out from the shadows of lurkdom that you read and get to know some of us before you launch into a hilarious diatribe about your own sense of puffed up pride and make yourself look a fool.

S'allright? :hi5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back