NECA's 7" Alien figure pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of wonder why they didn't just go with something that would be 1/6th scale instead of the (from our perspective anyway) oddball 18-inch scale. I would think most of the same people who would buy an 18 inch Alien would buy a 1/6th scale one, and they could attract a lot of 1/6th enthusiasts as well.

I think it's one of those no-win situations... NECA's fanbase is the 7"-18" action figure crowd who grew up with McFarlane. They (the fans) usually frown upon our "dolls" and the fact that McF scaled down their 18" to 12" prompted an huge outcry. So one of NECA's big selling points has always been that they still make 18" figures. Putting out a 1/6 scale figure of the alien would go against that.
Of course, if it is a huge seller they might just go ahead and release it in 1/6 scale. But that's not a certainty.

Yeah, it's about time we started seeing packaged shots of these. I'm really anxious about getting the figures, not even Wolf was enough to assuage my feelings of anxiety.

Well, here we go:

Alien 7" Scale Action Figure
The original Alien comes to life as a terrifying, highly articulated, and movie-accurate 7" scale action figure from NECA! Standing 9" tall and boasting over 20 points of articulation, this is the best Alien figure yet!
Item Number: 51410
Item Number w/ Check Digit: 51410-8
UPC #: 6-34482-51410-8 (634482514108)
Release Date: 05/2008

And the pics:

Front
Alien7Front.jpg

Back
Alien7Back.jpg

Paint apps look great (I know, there's not much to see through the blister, but it still look pretty good).
Release date 05/2008!
So with luck I should be getting these within a month's time. Oh joy, oh happiness!

Well, there's people who order multiples of HT predators...
I got two of the smaller ones and one of the big one on pre-order. I'm thinking of getting another 21 incher, but I'm still hoping for a 14" one to be released.

You think Tues by chance? Hmmm I shall bug my local shop too! :D:naughty

SWEET PICS! :joy

I'm going out to pickup National Treasure 2 anyway so no harm in poking my head in to see what Newbury's got, plus I've got Hot Topic and Spencer's around too.

Looks pretty good. necas requiem line had great detail for the scale so i shall pic this guy up for sure

ohhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo is fantastic !!!!!!!!!!
I want one nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking awesome. I hope the paint is close to that. They still turn out different from what is shown in there package pics on their website.

Back