NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rambo-First Blood II is the ultimate Rambo IMO. I can't wait for that figure! The pic of part one looks sweet too though. I hope they make at least 4 figures per line for each movie because that would be great.

If they do Trautman ever, it'd probably be Rambo 3 so they can give him a gun. I'd like Trautman, Teasle and Co if they go into supporting characters.

I hope they do Rambo 4, it'd be very easy to recycle parts like NECA loves to do.

Thanks to Rock83 for the heads up, preorders open now for the First Blood Rambo :rock

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12068&mode=retail

932__scaled_600.jpg

Turned out pretty good.I remember Neca showing some pics of a Poncho,i still hope we get that with either this one or another FB variant later.

Turned out pretty good.I remember Neca showing some pics of a Poncho,i still hope we get that with either this one or another FB variant later.

Know NECA, I can see two versions of this figure, what we see above, then a poncho version with maybe an M16 and his knife spear. I'm getting every one of them.

I'm kind of hoping maybe they'll even do and M65 jacket version, they did show this sculpt.

0025117.jpg

Series 1

The long awaited anti-hero John Rambo comes to life in figure form from the original 1982 film, First Blood.

Rambo stands 6 3/4″ tall and features over 25 points of articulation

He comes complete with survival knife, machine gun and more.

ramboneca.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda disappointed theres only one figure in series 1. Nevertheless, Im happy to see more Rambo goodies.

Which is why i fear that this might be the only one we're getting from FB.The Rocky series have brought us 3-4 figures in each series.

Let's hope they plan on using that Headsculpt Maulfan posted a pic of on a future release.

Yeah its annoying that most toy companies tend to think that all collectors want is some battle action scene (Rocky & Rambo) It also annoys me that they keep whoreing out Rambo III and Rocky III. The 2 worst movies of each series. Yeah yeah ok fine, Rocky V was the worst.

Problem is, NECA also has to sell to the casual buyer as much as the hardcore fan, the non-damage/battle versions tend to be peg warmers where the battle ones just have more appeal and flash.

Yeah its annoying that most toy companies tend to think that all collectors want is some battle action scene (Rocky & Rambo) It also annoys me that they keep whoreing out Rambo III and Rocky III. The 2 worst movies of each series. Yeah yeah ok fine, Rocky V was the worst.

Rocky III and Rambo III are awesome.Rocky III is not even close to being the worst in the series. V is absolutely terrible. And who "whores out" :)lol) Rocky III figures? HT Rocky figures sucked, plain and simple. And HCGs offerings have been decent at best.

Problem is, NECA also has to sell to the casual buyer as much as the hardcore fan, the non-damage/battle versions tend to be peg warmers where the battle ones just have more appeal and flash.

This is the proper answer. Doesnt mean I care for it.

Rocky III and Rambo III are awesome.Rocky III is not even close to being the worst in the series. V is absolutely terrible. And who "whores out" :)lol) Rocky III figures? HT Rocky figures sucked, plain and simple. And HCGs offerings have been decent at best.

HCG can sucks my nuts. HT's made 3 figures from Rocky III and no they did not suck at all. Even the vintage stuff was all based on Rocky III. Which even further proves my point.

This is the proper answer. Doesnt mean I care for it.

HCG can sucks my nuts. HT's made 3 figures from Rocky III and no they did not suck at all. Even the vintage stuff was all based on Rocky III. Which even further proves my point.

:lol Agreed. HCG is garbage. Though their Rocky Championship belt does look cool.

As for the HT Rocky figures, I wouldn't say they were good either. The only decent looking one was the "Italian Stallion" version, and even then the likeness wasn't great. Their Apollo, Rocky IV Rocky, Drago, and Clubber all had a "doll" like quality to them, and the likenesses sucked.

And what Vintage stuff are you talking about?

HT Drago has to be the worst 1/6 figure ive ever seen.Not only terrible likeness,but as a toy alone it is ugly as hell with that terrible looking body and giraffe neck.And the head,even the best repaint wouldn't save that headsculpt.Apollo had poor likeness too but a nice looking figure.

Rocky IV's headsculpt is really good actually,with a good repaint that one would look great.
Clubber and Rocky 3 are the best ones for sure.

:lol Agreed. HCG is garbage. Though their Rocky Championship belt does look cool.

As for the HT Rocky figures, I wouldn't say they were good either. The only decent looking one was the "Italian Stallion" version, and even then the likeness wasn't great. Their Apollo, Rocky IV Rocky, Drago, and Clubber all had a "doll" like quality to them, and the likenesses sucked.

And what Vintage stuff are you talking about?

These beauties ......

540c85ef3e7df2f953790d0e3727b1c8.jpg

:D

As much as people may not like it, the Rocky and Rambo sequels were more commercially successful than the originals, I believe Rocky IV is the highest grossing in the series.

As far as this line goes, I don't know what NECA's plans are, and maybe they'll abandon a line for just this one figure and move on for all we know, all I know is, I'm going to buy it all up while I can, Rocky and Rambo figures/merchandise depicting Sly in character are very scarce and I'll take what opportunities I get. I'm thankful for HCG as they've allowed me to build a Rambo 4 collection where no one else seems interested in that film.

This is definitely the same figure we saw a while back. Im betting he has a removeable poncho. Doesn't NECA normally mention if there will be variants?

932__scaled_600.jpg

IMG_0413__scaled_600.jpg

Last edited:
Going slightly off topic has any one seen the Expendables 2 production figures yet? I am curious to see how they look the prototypes didn't look to bad.

Back