NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lopks nice but Im gonna pass on this. Too many stuff coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrokenRecord.jpg

I was very delighted when I heard then that Neca will produce Rambo figures, but these joints in the genital area are simple only embarrassing and unworthy to film legend John Rambo . It seems as if Neca would deliberately humiliate Rambo with these diapers. Buys something but no adult Rambo fan, this looks like a toy for small children. Too bad, I hope Neca reconsider this disgusting joints again and will produces in the future film-like quality figures.

It just looks ugly:mad:

For example the Freddy or Predator Figures are "$15 ACTION FIGURES" too, but they look great, so why should Rambo looks like kindergarten ****?

This line is going to be great, NECA are going to tear it up this year, love the articulation and sculpting lately.

They're $15 ACTION FIGURES, jesus you people are ****ing annoying.

Tell me about it.Ive said from the very start that for the price im paying for these,im not complaining.
Sure they are not perfect,but for 15$...Really?REALLY?!

For example the Freddy or Predator Figures are "$15 ACTION FIGURES" too, but they look great, so why should Rambo looks like kindergarten ****?

He doesn't, he looks like a great articulated figure. NECA's making these figures better by adding articulation that's pretty well hidden, all things considered, so collectors can do more with them instead of them being stuck as almost statues. I love the Terminator figures but their limited options suck when you see now the variety NECA's posable figures come with.

Very reasonable prices if you ask me, no other company at this level touches the licences Neca pay for and Neca doesn't charge the kind of prices DC Collectibes or Hasbro would for similar scaled figures while giving us better sculpt and detail most of the time.

I wish i didn't buy a few McFarlane figures from back in the day if i had known NECA would take the licences they had then and do things properly today at a decent price.

What really amazes me is how NECA's prices really haven't changed ever, so many other items have gone up quite significantly in the last 5-7 years but you've always been able to count on NECA in the $15 range. Diamond is another company that surprises me, I got their Avengers Hulk for $20, it's a very well made 10" figure. I didn't realize the size when I bought it, I figured for $20 it's be a 6-7" figure like NECA so I was blown away by his scale. We're very luck to have these companies, and I applaud NECA for continuing to push what's possible in this scale, the new plastics for skin like Rocky, the articulation we're seeing in the Predator, Rocky and now Rambo lines, they just keep getting better and better.

Neca's prices of the 1/4 figures escalates.... But you are right with the prices of the 7'' figures.

I think the quality drops. I hate these new articulation focus. I think Neca doesn't hide the joints so good, instead of this the hip joints spoil the otherwise very good figure. I have many Neca Predators, Terminator Figures, Freddys, Kill Bill, Sin City, Aliens an so on, but the newest development of the figures makes me sad.

Why do you need these overstated articulation? Do you play with the figure? I'm an collector so I want to see my figures as possible as realistic. Articulation should be better hidden, because the aestethic should not suffer from the articulation. Articulation is for players and aesthetic for collectors. I have no idea why adult collectors like these diaper hip joints. It looks like toys for babys but not for adult collectors. I can understand if someone want to have different pose possibilities, but not if the aesthetic suffers on this.

I think you're a blind troll if you don't see my irrefutable arguments.
Visible and ugly hip joints = quality impairment.

I think you're a blind troll if you don't see my irrefutable arguments.
Visible and ugly hip joints = quality impairment.

Not at all, the hip joints look fine..hidden well i would say, better then if they were just cut swivel joints.

I know it was mentioned before, i do wish Neca had started making T1/T2 figures now as they most likely would have better articulation and more fun to pose and shoot.

After all, the line is called REEL TOYS..not REEL STATUES, NECA is evolving and moving away from the McFarlane-esque statue style of yesteryears.

Last edited:
The articulation really pays off when you have multiples of a character, it bothers me that the Terminators all have the same leg pose so when you display them they look different because of accessories and all, but still a bit too similar and because they chose a single leg posture, some figures dont' look as good with the legs like that as others.

The articulation really pays off when you have multiples of a character, it bothers me that the Terminators all have the same leg pose so when you display them they look different because of accessories and all, but still a bit too similar and because they chose a single leg posture, some figures dont' look as good with the legs like that as others.

Not to mention have some odd choices of articulation points which can be useless and with the legs being so static, this makes some figures hard to stand more stable then if we had full blow articulation like we are getting now in some of NECA's lines.

If you don't want to see articulation points, I recommend these.

5507285161_1b4b9773e7_o.jpg

1137.jpg

g_4LFJ2SSHKBRVNZOLC3PC6URIQL.JPG

Thank you, I know them and i own a Rambo bust too, but the're all more expensive. I like Neca, Neca before this bad development to ugly joints, so i hope Neca goes back to the roots. I want this Rambo figure exactly as it is, but without this diaper joint. Nobody can tell me that he realy favor this diaper joint. I have nothig against useful unvisible joints, but i think everybody with a halfway aethetic sense will favor unvisible joints.

Not at all, the hip joints look fine..hidden well i would say, better then if they were just cut swivel joints.

I know it was mentioned before, i do wish Neca had started making T1/T2 figures now as they most likely would have better articulation and more fun to pose and shoot.

After all, the line is called REEL TOYS..not REEL STATUES, NECA is evolving and moving away from the McFarlane-esque statue style of yesteryears.

Do you be really wild about diapers? I can't remember that John Rambo wears them into his movies.

Yup, I'm glad we're getting Rambo now, N2 and Mirage did nice figures but they were very statuesque like McFarlane and early NECA, now we get the ultimate 7" Rambo figures, I just really hope the current lone release doesn't mean they're backing off from doing the rest of the movies, it wouldn't surprise me though, Rambo doesn't get much love from collectible manufacturers outside of HCG.

Back