NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like yet another Rambo line will die before completion.

image.jpeg

It's their fault...really. They release 3 consecutive Rambo figures using the same mold....instead of the video game figure and the SDCC version, they should have released one with the black outfit.

I rarely see Rambo figures in any stores, so I don't know what sales aren't there, but it sucks. I don't even care if they don't release the bow attack figure, I'd be happier to have at least the first 3 films full represented.

Now it makes me want to get the SDCC for the bow even though he won't have a quiver.

I rarely see Rambo figures in any stores, so I don't know what sales aren't there, but it sucks. I don't even care if they don't release the bow attack figure, I'd be happier to have at least the first 3 films full represented.

Now it makes me want to get the SDCC for the bow even though he won't have a quiver.

Yeah, I've seen plenty of the video game Rambo at TRU. The regular Rambo 2 sold well I think, but it was the video game and the SDCC EX that hurt the line. Neca still has the EX available on their ebay store. I was going to skip it because of the black shirt version, but I might get it also for the bow and the sculpt. I really wanted a stick fight Rambo III and a Rambo 4 figure.

Neca ending the Rambo line sucks for those who like this line, but I would prefer 1/6 or 1/4 Rambo figs, these little six inch Neca Rambo figs are way to small. Neca has done such a great job with 1/4 Batman and Superman, I just which they do some Rambo and Rocky in 1/4.

You guys see those new Pulp Fiction 13 inch talking figures from Beeline? Those head sculpts look great, the fitting of the clothes aren't as good as Hot Toys but the talking feature is awesome and they are priced at only $45 at BBTS. I wonder how they can keep the price that low?

NECA does DC in 18" because they want to do DC and that's the only scale they can get a license for. They'd happily do 7" figures but that license is tied up and they only get special privilege to release select figures for promotion ties ins with DVD sales for DC.

7" figures are NECA's primary market.

Looks like yet another Rambo line will die before completion.

View attachment 222686

But they keep releasing more of those stupid retro cloth Mego-wannabe-but-aren't figures that just warm the pegs at Toys R'nt Us. I really don't think Randy and NECA have a clue when it comes to marketing to collectors. They remind me of Diamond Select Toys and Chuck. Both just completely out of touch with their customers.

But they keep releasing more of those stupid retro cloth Mego-wannabe-but-aren't figures that just warm the pegs at Toys R'nt Us. I really don't think Randy and NECA have a clue when it comes to marketing to collectors. They remind me of Diamond Select Toys and Chuck. Both just completely out of touch with their customers.
They've just announced a $500 1/1 scale foam xenomorph egg...:slap

No more stupid than the turd-foot figure you enjoyed from Zica ;).I disagree,the retro's are very good.Much better quality than the regular NECA 6" figures they make which constantly break easily.Yes,some retro's pegwarm,but NECA wouldn't keep making them if they were not successful and making money (which they are doing).To each their own in this toy hobby

No more stupid than the turd-foot figure you enjoyed from Zica ;).I disagree,the retro's are very good.Much better quality than the regular NECA 6" figures they make which constantly break easily.Yes,some retro's pegwarm,but NECA wouldn't keep making them if they were not successful and making money (which they are doing).To each their own in this toy hobby
n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Yeah, NECA said sales tanked with the last few and there wasn't enough support to justify producing any more figures, including the blank tank top Rambo 2 seen on the card back to the SDCC exclusive figure.

Hey everyone!

Here are my improvements to the two Rambo figures I have got 17670714_10154441042327423_2042756943_o.jpgIMG_4875.JPG

Nicely done, two nice sculpts ruined by the translucent skin casting, his nose on both figures looks weird in a lot of lighting.

Nicely done, two nice sculpts ruined by the translucent skin casting, his nose on both figures looks weird in a lot of lighting.

Thank you! :) Yeah you're right about that

That's fantastic transformation customizing, if Neca released their Rambo figures looking like that they wouldn't have had to cancel the series and they be on series 10 by now.

That's fantastic transformation customizing, if Neca released their Rambo figures looking like that they wouldn't have had to cancel the series and they be on series 10 by now.

Thank you! Yeah the prototype of the first figure was actually nice but it din't translate well onto the final product :\

Back