NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new fotos looks worlds better than the first Facesculpt foto.

The joints on the Body are ugly and disapoint me.
For Versions without Shirts the Joints are bigger Problems

I hope better Pictures comes at the Days.

Sure some could argue that joints arent acceptable on high dollar figures. But these are 15 dollar action figures, of course they have joints.

Sure some could argue that joints arent acceptable on high dollar figures. But these are 15 dollar action figures, of course they have joints.

And NECA is handling them nicely, in fact, I was looking at the Roky figures and noticed how similar Enterbay's Rambo arms are to what NECA's done.

Rambo.jpg

I think it's the eye paint throwing off the face, sculpt looks nice but those aren't Stallone's eyes. The eyes are key for any portrait but especially Stallone. I'm a little surprised, usually the 2 up masters are great and the production piece may look this way. Otherwise it's fantastic and I am so excited for this line. Eager to see the whole wave though, can't imagine a lone Rambo, usually these figures come in threes.

These neca figures are the 7 inch ones right?
Guess its a start, now if they can bring it up to 1/6 scale I'd be really happy with that.
Can't knock neca, they really deliver for the price, really happy with my 18 inch preds.
The head sculpt on this is'nt perfect, but glad they are bothering with it.
Hot toys should have released a rebooted first blood figure as they've done with the predator, or headplay should release a first blood sculpt and then I'll be as happy as a pig in sheet.

Last edited:
The Facesculpt is very good, but not perfect.
Where is the Error ?
For a bigger version neca must revisted the Sculpt a little bit.

@snoop and Maulfan, Joints have nothing to do with a price of an Figure.
Look at Enterbay ore Hot Toys.

The Joints on the Hip and on the Chest are the big Problem.
Look at the other Neca Figures like Army of Darkness Ash, Conan, Hannibal Lecter, McFarlane Terminator 3,etc.
They have no Joints at this Areas.

Joints are not self-evident on action figures.
Only in recent times Neca makes many joints. I think that's a negative trend .
Earlier figures were looks more like little statues.

I have nothing against articulation, but too many joints destroy the overall picture.
Negative example is the dog of Predators.
You see only the joints. No longer the great sculpt.

I think it's the eye paint throwing off the face, sculpt looks nice but those aren't Stallone's eyes. The eyes are key for any portrait but especially Stallone. I'm a little surprised, usually the 2 up masters are great and the production piece may look this way. Otherwise it's fantastic and I am so excited for this line. Eager to see the whole wave though, can't imagine a lone Rambo, usually these figures come in threes.

You're the expert here, so i have a question, the Rocky Neca's series 1 looked so great in the previews but when they were released in six inch instead of the 1/6 or was it 1/4 preview the figure really lost all the detail. I really like the previews for Rocky series 2 and 3 but knowing the great detail in the sculpts is going to be lost when they are reduced to six inches really takes away all the anticipation for these. Don't you think the same thing is going to happen with this Rambo?

You're the expert here, so i have a question, the Rocky Neca's series 1 looked so great in the previews but when they were released in six inch instead of the 1/6 or was it 1/4 preview the figure really lost all the detail. I really like the previews for Rocky series 2 and 3 but knowing the great detail in the sculpts is going to be lost when they are reduced to six inches really takes away all the anticipation for these. Don't you think the same thing is going to happen with this Rambo?

Absolutely, every NECA scaled down comes out lesser than the show models which are 12 inch versions called 2 ups. NECA paints the 2ups far better than the factory will ever produce. I've been buying NECA for years and I've gotten used to it, but, the figures are like $15 each, I accept the lesser quality of NECA because it's still very nice for what it costs and the price allows you to buy many figures and build a bigger representation of a film than companies like HT or EB who make one version and move on.

When the Rambos have the Quality of the Aod cult classics Ash, I sattisfied.

WWhich Accesorries comes with the Rambo first Blood Figure ?

I believe Rambo 1-3 and Rambo 4 are under different licensing circumstances and rights to 1-3 may not mean rights to 4, and the other way as well. It's probably something like that, or, NECA's unsure about releasing a figure of 60 year old Rambo until they see how well young Rambo does, which makes sense, as much as folks at this site are fans and would buy it all up, NECA also caters to a very casual market and 60 year old Rambo starts to lose appeal there, sadly. I just want to see work on 2 and 3, even if it's just vague prototypes, just to know there's more than First Blood for sure coming. Also, I want to see more of First Blood, they showed off a neutral, bandana-less portrait, which I'm guessing is for an M65 jacket version or something. It's Rambo, I'm up for it all.

Back