NECA - Classic Batman '66 TV Show Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got to say that I'll stick with HT, as far as this license is concerned. Those joints, man. I'm fine with joints, to an extent, but they're just hideous. It's almost like the 89 Batman was made by a different company.

I think you'll probably find that the 18" Robin will fair better joint wise than Westman. His outfit in the torso area, has enough colour in it to exploit as far as picking sections to articulate - that's where Westman came undone a little. They used his rib cage as an articulation point - & the fact his suit is light grey, shows up the joints more.

Robin's arms & legs will end up looking fine I imagine. :)

Last edited:
It looks ok to me pretty much every manufacturer has gone with a similar colour scheme on the 1966 TV show collectables.

I love the box art as it has a very 60's batman vibe to it, the box looks as if it could have almost come out in the sixties. in fact I wasn't planning on picking up a west (just the keaton) but this looks so good packaged I may have to get one and keep it in the box

This figure is going to be amazing! I know there are some flaws to it but I think that overall NECA has done a great job. The proto photos on the packaging are a bit "meh" all and all though I like the Mego-esque package.

I'm looking forward to the first review of this figure. Should be within the next week or so since these are available for sale now.

I really like the box art. The character designs look identical to the opening animation credits along with the action sound graphics.

I guess I expected NECA to show a little more creativity than Mattel did...more collector high end. This looks like the Mattel goons put it together.

It's all about cost man. From what I'm seeing, the Adam West Batman has better box art than Ironman. And they all just end up in the recycling bin anyways. Don't get too attached to packaging. From the looks of it, NECA's packaging are still miles better than Mattel.

I'm one of those who's actually fine with NECA not coming up with great packaging (though the one for 66 Batman is groovy and matches the figure's atmosphere) -- it makes it easier for me to dispose of the boxes (or leave them at the hotel like when I bought Iron Man and City Hunter Pred in the US).

It's all about cost man. From what I'm seeing, the Adam West Batman has better box art than Ironman. And they all just end up in the recycling bin anyways. Don't get too attached to packaging. From the looks of it, NECA's packaging are still miles better than Mattel.

I'll give you that but they all look like they belong on a Target shelf :lol

...doesn't make '66 Bats box any better.

Back