NECA - Classic Batman '66 TV Show Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the box -old school like it should be.I'm waiting till I see how this turned out in person.

Found a review on YouTube. This figure came out really great, I might have to get this one, I thought I'm gonna pass on it, :lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQQBj-heMDw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQQBj-heMDw[/ame]

^That review really shows this figure is incredible. That comparison with the mattel 6'' figure :lol

NECA's constant weak area, the eyes, seems to not only been improved but actually perfected!
From the flawless sculpt to the excellent paint, this figure is a "must own."

Wow, this figure turned out really good -- thanks for posting the review! I thought I'll pass on this but now I'll prolly get one when it gets here. Would definitely look good having this displayed along with NECA Keaton, EB Batman, and HT's QS001.

I kinda wish that they did without the mid-torso articulation and just gave this a cut-waist like they do their Predators though, but that's a small nit I could live with. The HS is really good! :)

Yeah. The mid-torso cut is what keeps this figure from being 100% perfect.

However, on a more positive note, I received my shipping notification from Gamestop today! It'll be so cool to finally get this figure especially seeing how fantastic it turned out too!

I thought Arkham Batman would be my first NECA 1/4 scale Batman but I couldn't resist this and I pulled the trigger.

I ordered it for $79.99 from Gamestop with free shipping using the code SAVER.

I do have a soft spot for the Adam West Batman since I grew up watching the series back in the sixties.

Well, for those of you on the fence about ordering the Adam West Batman, I only have two words for you; DO IT!

Last Wednesday, my shipment arrived from Gamestop. I can confidently state that this is easily NECA's best work ... ever. The sculpt is phenomenal. The paint work flawless. The cape is magnificent. Articulation is pratically perfect, the only minor gripe is the waist cut.
Still, this is only a minor issue to what is basically a extraordinary collectible.
Anyone who buys this figure will believe me how awesome it is when you stare into West's eyes and can almost feel them looking back at you.
I foresee this becoming one of the most desired Batman collectibles long after the initial production is sold-out. It's no wonder why I purchased 6. Not for re-sale, mind you. It's just that damn good.

Well, for those of you on the fence about ordering the Adam West Batman, I only have two words for you; DO IT!

Last Wednesday, my shipment arrived from Gamestop. I can confidently state that this is easily NECA's best work ... ever. The sculpt is phenomenal. The paint work flawless. The cape is magnificent. Articulation is pratically perfect, the only minor gripe is the waist cut.
Still, this is only a minor issue to what is basically a extraordinary collectible.
Anyone who buys this figure will believe me how awesome it is when you stare into West's eyes and can almost feel them looking back at you.
I foresee this becoming one of the most desired Batman collectibles long after the initial production is sold-out. It's no wonder why I purchased 6. Not for re-sale, mind you. It's just that damn good.

You have the talent to convince, buddy! :lol Will be on the lookout for this for sure!

Please post pics soon as you can! Enjoy your figure! :)

You have the talent to convince, buddy! :lol Will be on the lookout for this for sure!

Please post pics soon as you can! Enjoy your figure! :)

Thanks for the kind words. This figure is really something amazing.
I took some quick photos. Enjoy!

dzv53r.jpg

amxedg.jpg

2w1sj2t.jpg

2i23400.jpg

2imatcj.jpg

How is the cape??? is it a wire cape or normal cape? Looks awfully thick...

While I share PharOO's enthusiasm for this figure, I have to temper mine a little bit.

The Packaging

Still not loving it. I guess I wanted to see some TV series pics with this collectors item and less kitsch like you see with Mattels offerings. As a matter of fact, have any of the new '66 merchandise packaging had any real show pics displayed on the boxes? Overall, it serves it's purpose but DAYUM! All the friggin twistie ties!!! I didn't realize Neca still used these. Such a pain...

The Paint

In a word...superb. Can't say enough about it. No slop anywhere. Great color and execution.

The Sculpt

I like most things about it. The body mass seems perfect but at this scale, he seems a tad bit lanky but not overly so. As mentioned about the prototype head sculpt, he looked a little older but I don't think so in hand. It looks great. Simply looks like Adam West with the cowl on. The gloved hand sculpts look awesome, the belt is done very well and the suit details seem to all be there and extremely well executed. I especially like the sculpted chest symbol to mimic the way the decal sat on West's chest plate.

The Articulation

All the joints have great range of motion except a few. The ball jointed neck, ball hinged shoulders, double jointed elbows, ball hinged wrist, swivel waist, hinged toes and ball hinged hips all work great! On the other hand, the ab crunch (on mine at least) is virtually useless, the ball hinged knees do work but have limited range of motion and the ball jointed ankles have such limited movement that I'm still wondering why Neca hasn't/didn't chose a different design with all the better choices out there. I will also say it's too bad that the hinged wrist joints weren't cast in the purple blue color. It's a minor nit but worth mentioning.

The Accessories

Really nice cache of accessories for this guy. He comes with four additional hands: 2 Bat dance hands with the peace fingers, 1 hand for holding the Batarangs and 1 for holding the walkie talkie. He comes with 2 Batarangs, 1 that folds and comes with a utility belt pouch, 1 bat walkie talkie and 1 extra utility belt compartment. I would have like a stand and maybe one more iconic accessory like the bat-shield or maybe the Shakespeare bust or even the bat-phone. But that's just me. I think the did an exceptional job with what you get here.

The Cape

It's executed well but it is a tad too thick as it has a lining. It does the job and it can be futzed. I didn't put any water on mine but I think this material will respond well to water treatment. I would warn you guys though that I saw some staining on one of the real belt capsules so be careful with the water treatment. You don't want the stain the figure itself. The cape is not wired.

Overall, this is a very solid offering. FINALLY a high end Adam West action figure! Been a long time coming and I'm glad it's finally here. If you are a fan of the show, this figure shouldn't be overlooked. I definitely can't wait for his ole chum to hit the market. Will certainly be picking him up as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos, PharOOO and Lee In MI for the in-depth review. Yup, I noticed the handpegs too, but perhaps we could try to paint it and problem solved What could be a real bummer would be the ab crunch. If it would be too tight and rather useless then its giving this otherwise perfect figure an ugly mid-torso cut didn't serve its purpose at all.

Are you able to put him in this pose:

batman_crouching_postcard-rfb48b1fa4f3e46a486a35c879c3bcbe7_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

I suppose we can't, despite the articulation points the figure has. I suppose we can "force" it to mimic a crouching pose, but an awkward one. I tried to give my NECA Iron Man the iconic landing-with-a punch-to-the-ground pose (before I had it Battle-Damaged and glued all the articulation points shut as well as its feet on a stand -- it's a pseudo PF now), but the closest I could get was an awkward crouch.

It's the legs/thighs that's most awkward.

Back