NECA Back to the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MAN I am excited for the Ultimate Marty and am very glad to hear that they plan to release many more figures in this line!

I'm sure their "plan" is to release multiple figures but I doubt it will ever happen. No way are we getting any of the obscure characters either.

Yes, you are probably right. I really just need an "Ultimate" Marty (already announced) and "Ultimate" Doc (which they already confirmed they were going to show at SDCC, right?), but I would potentially be interested in any figure they actually release in this line.

I'd love to see figures from part 3. A western Marty and Doc would be excellent.

Expect several variants of Marty and Doc, and be pleasantly surprised if we get anyone else.

Yes, you are probably right. I really just need an "Ultimate" Marty (already announced) and "Ultimate" Doc (which they already confirmed they were going to show at SDCC, right?), but I would potentially be interested in any figure they actually release in this line.

Well, there is one up side to SDCC being cancelled this year. At least NECA probably won't find a way to make Doc Brown an exclusive.

I hope...

Well, there is one up side to SDCC being cancelled this year. At least NECA probably won't find a way to make Doc Brown an exclusive.

I hope...

True. But they usually end up re-releasing those sets in one form, shape or another. I got the 90s TMNT eventually through GameStop.

Then again, I have yet to see NECA?s TMNT (cartoon versions) line out in the wild at any Target.

Kind of frustrating collecting certain NECA lines sometimes - wish they were more readily available.

I hope...

I don't know if it's their site or maybe their popularity is more, but I've only had problems with NECA's online exclusives. I've gotten pretty much every Mezco one I wanted to get, but NECA was a nightmare. Same thing in person last year. It was impossible to get the Splinter TMNT set online, and then at the Con every day they were sold out by like 10am.

Plus they have a weird spot and so their line can only get so long. So there's an end of the line guy who tells people to keep moving until they open up the line again, and you have like 15 people in the tail end of the line, and then 100 people swirling in the aisle trying to be there when he finally opens up the line and grabs 5 people. Basically you have to get him to notice you so that after 20 minutes of waddling around he'll pull you in. It's such a ****** way to do it.

True. But they usually end up re-releasing those sets in one form, shape or another. I got the 90s TMNT eventually through GameStop.

Then again, I have yet to see NECA?s TMNT (cartoon versions) line out in the wild at any Target.

Kind of frustrating collecting certain NECA lines sometimes - wish they were more readily available.

NECA never did do a re-release of John Connor from T2. Many people on that thread waited for years for them to make that figure and then they made him a SDCC exclusive. I never did get one and now they go for $150+ on eBay. Not paying that.

And even if they had done a re-release it is guanateed he would not have come with the motorcycle which I needed for my Terminator display. Yeah, still bitter.

I pretty much was done with NECA after they pulled that but I have always wanted to do a BTTF display so they have drawn me back in with this line.

That John Connor blunder was a massive mistake.

Hey, Randy. You killed John Connor.

tumblr_p5mdqyeSQZ1rrkahjo5_500.gif

BTTF is my favourite trilogy. Met the entire cast, got to hang with them all and have a book signed by almost the entire cast. Not just the main, but bullys, Elijah Wood (hey he was in BTTF2), and a bunch of others. Just need Mayor Goldie and a few others. Already have all the Hot Toys stuff, the light up Nikes, the hat, newspaper, other collectibles, now need these Neca figures!

NECA never did do a re-release of John Connor from T2. Many people on that thread waited for years for them to make that figure and then they made him a SDCC exclusive. I never did get one and now they go for $150+ on eBay. Not paying that.

And even if they had done a re-release it is guanateed he would not have come with the motorcycle which I needed for my Terminator display. Yeah, still bitter.

I pretty much was done with NECA after they pulled that but I have always wanted to do a BTTF display so they have drawn me back in with this line.

Been awhile since there was a reason to bump the Terminator thread. I fear it is done :(

Bummer because there is still potential - unmade variants, updating sculpts, incorporating more recent articulation, Terminator 3 etc.

As for John - yeah their handling of that left a bit to be desired. Showing him at SDCC one year and allowing us to believe all the way up until the next SDCC that he was getting wide release only to suddenly announce he was an exclusive - and do so like as though that was good news. Not only that but his shirt lost the accurate camo pattern - so now the figure was missing the Public Enemy logo - fine, we expected that - but the camo aswell, not so fine. Otherwise though I was happy with the figure - I did buy a few of them on ebay.

Nah, they’ll just rerelease the existing T-800 and T-1000, maybe Sarah, or paint an endoskeleton based on the arcade game, if anything.

Last edited:
I still think the sunglasses head looks good but yeah I'd love to see a Trevor Grove sculpt. And they never did an Ultimate BD T-800 at all surprisingly. Putting articulation in that battle-damaged knee might have given them pause. T1 Sarah, an ultimate Kyle Reese, eye surgery T-800, Cleaved-Man and Pretzel Man T-1000s - still plenty they could do.

For Back to the Future I'll support the line but I expect it to be relatively small and short-lived. The big wonder is can they/would they make a Delorean...

For Back to the Future I'll support the line but I expect it to be relatively small and short-lived. The big wonder is can they/would they make a Delorean...

That is what I am wondering as well. If NECA did make a 1/10 DeLorean, what would it look like and how much would it cost. My guess is $300-$400.

I have researched what I think is pretty much every DeLorean BTTF model available and have ordered one of these:

Delorean.jpg

It's a Diamond Select Toys 1/15 Delorean with lights and sounds. The level of detail is good and it is on the larger size for 1/15 at 14 inches long. My research also shows that the actual DeLorean was 168.0 inches long so a true 1/10 model would be about 17 inches long.

I think that with some forced perspective, the Diamond Select may scale fairly well. I will post some pics of it next to some 1/10 figures when I receive it so that you all can see what it looks like.

If NECA actually does make a DeLorean I will be very surprised but happy and would possibly pick one up and use the Diamond Select in a different display or sell it.

Back