NECA Back to the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is what I am wondering as well. If NECA did make a 1/10 DeLorean, what would it look like and how much would it cost. My guess is $300-$400.

I have researched what I think is pretty much every DeLorean BTTF model available and have ordered one of these:

View attachment 484290

It's a Diamond Select Toys 1/15 Delorean with lights and sounds. The level of detail is good and it is on the larger size for 1/15 at 14 inches long. My research also shows that the actual DeLorean was 168.0 inches long so a true 1/10 model would be about 17 inches long.

I think that with some forced perspective, the Diamond Select may scale fairly well. I will post some pics of it next to some 1/10 figures when I receive it so that you all can see what it looks like.

If NECA actually does make a DeLorean I will be very surprised but happy and would possibly pick one up and use the Diamond Select in a different display or sell it.

It's going to have to be some major forced perspective because this thing is tiny compared to 7 inch figures. I used Ash and he's smaller than alot of Neca's other 7 inch stuff.

20200502_153741.jpg

20200502_153822.jpg

It's going to have to be some major forced perspective because this thing is tiny compared to 7 inch figures. I used Ash and he's smaller than alot of Neca's other 7 inch stuff.

I actually just received the Diamond Select DeLorean so I will do some comparisons soon.

The way I envision my display, Marty and Doc will not be standing directly beside the car. Also, Marty will be a shorter figure which will help somewhat with the scaling.

If it doesn't really work, that's fine. It is a good looking model and will be a nice place holder until another alternative, if any, presents itself.

I did also look at the Eaglemoss 1/8 Delorean but it is a subcription based model that takes 2 1/2 years to receive all of the parts to build it and ends up costing about $1,700. Also, it would be over sized at 20.75 inches long. So, from a time, size and cost perspective it is out.

The Diamond Select 1/15 was the closed BTTF DeLorean size wise that I could find that is currently available. So NECA really has an opportunity here to create a BTTF DeLorean in a scale (1/10) that as far as I can tell has never been produced before.

I still think the sunglasses head looks good but yeah I'd love to see a Trevor Grove sculpt. And they never did an Ultimate BD T-800 at all surprisingly. Putting articulation in that battle-damaged knee might have given them pause. T1 Sarah, an ultimate Kyle Reese, eye surgery T-800, Cleaved-Man and Pretzel Man T-1000s - still plenty they could do.

For Back to the Future I'll support the line but I expect it to be relatively small and short-lived. The big wonder is can they/would they make a Delorean...

They'll make a DeLorean but it won't have the "DMC" anywhere on it. :lol

My wishlist (not including what’s already been shown):
Doc (1985, radiation suit)
Biff (1955)
Marty (2015)
Doc (2015)
Biff (alternate 1985)
Marty (1885 western attire)
Doc (1885 western attire)
Buford
Einstein (included with either Marty or Doc)

I would gladly take any other characters but those are the ones I’m most hopeful for. A DeLorean would be great too depending on price.

Yes, in the beginning of the movie when he blows up the giant speaker.

View attachment 484214

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT5opJFMU_8

For anyone curious, it's a Hondo travel guitar. They're quite rare now(and not very good). Erlewine guitars makes them now for about $600. I bought a "cheap" Hondo and am fixing it up to look like the one in the movie.

Also, it's funny to me that Neca made the volume knob creme instead of black. The most minor of nitpicks, I know.

fasmUH4.jpg

I just want Doc and Marty. If they make an in scale DeLorean, that too. This is gonna be a short lived line, because there just aren't enough toyetic designs going on here.

Inb4 we don’t get Doc for years only for him to be a Toy Fair exclusive. I hate that I could see it happening. :lol

I'll probably buy almost any Marty or Doc they make, I missed the HT Marty since I wasn't collecting then and just don't feel like paying $400ish for him so I'll be ok with the Neca.

Why not? They got him to do the new Ultimate Ripley.

I think he was questioning that NECA will be interested in doing anything for T2's 30th at all.

Hmmm, I think they might but I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything brand new. They marked the 25th with a single rehashed figure with one new accessory and a Quarter Scale figure - not exactly a 'line'.

Predator and Alien are definitely treated better - for their anniversaries they get multiple waves of figures new and old. Although I quite avidly collect those lines aswell myself so it doesn't bother me too much.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Nice surprise that they made Biff. Part 2 Marty sculpts seem a little weird. 6" Delorean is not exciting at all.

Can't believe they're making Biff, that's fantastic. 3 definite buys there with possibly multiples of each too.

Tiny Delorean is meh. Might buy it but it's hardly a good substitute for a 1/10 scale car that could fit the figures inside.

Yeah agree on totally surprised they got Biff, that really enhances the collection. Not interested in the small Delorean at all, but will get all the figures.

What online shops have NECA stuff? I usually go BBTS but figured to see if there were other options out there, any of them not charge sales tax?

I like how they changed the color of his future jeans figure even though he won the same jeans from the first film since he never changed his clothes :lol

Great to see a Biff announced already, but we're seeing two Marty's and a Biff before a single Doc figure?

It looks like the Part II Marty with hat is the worst MJF likeness of the bunch so far. Nice touch of them to change the Mattel stickers on the hoverboard to say NECA, though!

These are looking great!

Hmmm. Don?t collect 6? figures anymore, but I might have to dip into these. I?m even willing to sell my friday the 13th collection for these.

Back