NECA Back to the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So awesome that we’re getting Biff along with Marty. These are so pre-ordered. Can’t wait!!!! I actually may get a couple Biff figures. Passing on the DeLorean.

Ordered a collector grade one of each figure for now. I'll probably go ahead and order one of each standard grade to open.

More to come, said Randy on twitter - of which we know one is the Tales from Space Marty.

Pre-ordered one of each Marty and two Biff figures. I could see NECA milking Marty figures so I didn’t feel the need for two. There’s the radiation suit version coming, could also do the 1955 look where he has the gray jacket with red collar and sleeves along with the jeans and Chuck Taylors. Maybe the suit from the dance when he’s playing Johnny B. Goode. Could also get the version from the second film with the leather jacket, red t-shirt, sunglasses, hat, and jeans. Plus the third film could do the 1955 “western” look along with the Clint Eastwood look.

I’m so glad they got Thomas F. Wilson’s likeness rights for Biff. That’s just awesome because now I feel like I’ll get pretty much all the characters I wanted. Anything else at this point is definitely welcome but just extra.

Ordered a collector grade one of each figure for now. I'll probably go ahead and order one of each standard grade to open.

More to come, said Randy on twitter - of which we know one is the Tales from Space Marty.

Is the collectors grade worth it a-dev? I'm considering going that route too but I normally just go with standard.

The 1985 Marty non-glasses head sculpt looks good.

The 1955 Biff and 2015 Marty sculpts look like the actors cousins or something.

I was really hopeful for a 1/10 DeLorean so the 6" car is a let down.

Pre-ordered the 1985 Marty. Hopeful now for a good looking 1985 Ultimate Doc figure for the SDCC online reveal.

Also actually kind of hoping that they make a 1955 pajamas George so that I can create a diorama for this scene:

Rad Suit Marty_1.jpg

Rad Suit Marty_2.jpg

Probably little chance of that happening however.

Is the collectors grade worth it a-dev? I'm considering going that route too but I normally just go with standard.

If you want to guarantee a perfect art box/card/blister, yes - assuming you're OK paying the extra few dollars. You get a specially selected sample of the figure, it's wrapped in a bag I think, then put in its own labelled box which in turn goes into the already pretty good standard BBTS packaging with all the bubblewrap. So they do a good job for sure.

I've been using BBTS for over 10 years and only started going collector grade recently for a few things that I knew I wasn't going to open - like the Kenner tribute Alien stuff where I think the packaging is really part of the appeal.

Last edited:
Ordered all three figures from BBTS. Passed on the DeLorean and the animated figures. I'm hoping this line has some legs because I love what I'm seeing so far.

As much as I?d take her even if they get her rights there?s probably zero chance of Crispin Glover agreeing to signing his likeness rights over, and I?d want a George if we got a Lorraine.

Maybe they could just use his likeness without his permission. For old times sake.

As much as I’d take her even if they get her rights there’s probably zero chance of Crispin Glover agreeing to signing his likeness rights over, and I’d want a George if we got a Lorraine.

Probably doesn't mean much, but Funko made a George McFly Reaction figure. The figures really don't look like the cast but they advertise it as Crispin Glover's likeness. And I do believe they get actors license rights. Which I think Funko actually cares about. Proof? They cancelled a Tom Cruise Pop because he refused to sign off on his likeness.

Probably doesn't mean much, but Funko made a George McFly Reaction figure. The figures really don't look like the cast but they advertise it as Crispin Glover's likeness. And I do believe they get actors license rights. Which I think Funko actually cares about. Proof? They cancelled a Tom Cruise Pop because he refused to sign off on his likeness.
Yeah that is true about the Reaction figure. Wondering if that was able to be made as those figures don’t go for a realistic look. They probably were able to get by with it just saying it was based on George McFly the character and not necessarily Crispin Glover.

I mean there have been instances where likeness rights hold up figures. Like a recent instance with NECA, Elias Koteas wouldn’t allow his likeness to be used for the upcoming Casey Jones figure from the 1990 Turtles movie so they only did a sculpt where he’s wearing the hockey mask.

Yeah that is true about the Reaction figure. Wondering if that was able to be made as those figures don?t go for a realistic look. They probably were able to get by with it just saying it was based on George McFly the character and not necessarily Crispin Glover.

I mean there have been instances where likeness rights hold up figures. Like a recent instance with NECA, Elias Koteas wouldn?t allow his likeness to be used for the upcoming Casey Jones figure from the 1990 Turtles movie so they only did a sculpt where he?s wearing the hockey mask.

I'd say that might be it, but they literally use Crispin Glover's name in the official product description.

Back