NECA Back to the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The car would be nice, but for me the characters are just as iconic and memorable in my mind and would be worth picking up all on their own. Don't know if I'd go as deep as Biff or Jennifer, but I would definitely love to have Doc and Marty in all their various outfits.

aa8f1d1c12868c698943a216cccdc246~01.jpg

The car would be nice, but for me the characters are just as iconic and memorable in my mind and would be worth picking up all on their own. Don't know if I'd go as deep as Biff or Jennifer, but I would definitely love to have Doc and Marty in all their various outfits.

View attachment 479790

So many choice like I said, although whoever did these mockups .. needed to add Marty’s BTtF2 1985 to just a red shirt with jeans and white sneakers too

Can't wait for 2015 Marty and Doc. My favourite of the trilogy.

I still can’t believe the future was based on 2015.. that was 5 years ago and nothing looks like they pictured 2015 would be like in the film

We don’t even have cell phone visors yet :lol

I think Alexa is the closet thing we have now to mimic what they did when they were talking to their TVs in the film :lol

To be fair, the creators never said they were trying to accurately predict the future, and realized we would never have flying cars, etc by now. It was just supposed to be a fun and wacky way to start the movie before things got a lot darker later on.

What scale are these gonna be? They looked bigger than the 8" Jaws figures they were stood next to in the videos from Toyfair.

What scale are these gonna be? They looked bigger than the 8" Jaws figures they were stood next to in the videos from Toyfair.

They sculpt initially at 2x the size, he'll be 1/10 like the rest of their figures. The Ash Aliens figure they showed was the same way, double the size.

If I was a betting man, I would say we'll get a Doc reveal at SDCC.

I anticipate Doc and Marty from all three films, but think part I and II are in the bag. They went through the hassle of getting the rights, they won't leave it at just Marty.

Wave I will probably be Marty, Vader, and Doc.

Knowing how stupid Neca gets with sdcc exclusives, you might be right.

View attachment 479790

The best imo.

Marty
1985 skateboard
Darth Vader
2015 jacket/hat

Doc
1955 metal helmet
1955 white coat
2015 yellow coat

Knowing how stupid Neca gets with sdcc exclusives, you might be right.
Oh no, I don't mean Doc as an exclusive. I just think TF was the Marty reveal and SDCC will be the Doc with Einstein reveal.

Now I do 100% expect a couple of outfit variants as con exclusives. But I do not think that either the standard part 1 or 2 Marty and Docs will be in that category. Those will all be retail.

I'm not sure of his current state of mind, but a few years back he got sort of snarky in response the the same set of questions, wrote a song about it, had a card printed up that he would just hand to people, he skipped out on a bunch of cons, this was back in 2010-2015.

I remember seeing a video of him playing the song :lol
It just seemed like a friendly jab at all the franchise.

I'm not a fan of BTTF3. I always thought the "old west" was such a weird setting to end the trilogy. It didn't look or fell like BTTF to me.

Really? For me it came so much closer to the spirit of the first movie than Part 2, being a more straightforward story with a much lighter tone. And I liked that you could actually buy they were in another time period again, unlike with the second movie where the future stuff seemed cartoonish and over the top even back then.

Really? For me it came so much closer to the spirit of the first movie than Part 2, being a more straightforward story with a much lighter tone. And I liked that you could actually buy they were in another time period again, unlike with the second movie where the future stuff seemed cartoonish and over the top even back then.

Those are good points.

Since NECA are making BTTF animated figures, I decided to watch a few episodes of the show. It's not terrible. The best part is the intro and ending of every episode because the real Doc Brown has a live action segment. I totally forgot that Christopher Lloyd was in the show.

Back