Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mortal Kombat Gets April Release Window and US Kollector's Edition

If you're not quite sure about purchasing NetherRealm's Mortal Kombat reboot, then prehaps the newly announced Kollector's Edition might serve in tempting you. The super special Kollector's Edition, will come packaged with collectible Scorpion and Sub-Zero figurines, a collectible art book and DLC that includes Klassic costumes and avatar items.

For the real hardcore, there's also the MK Tournament Edition, which packages the same downloadable goodies with a portable fight stick. And when we say that this edition is limited, we mean it, as there'll only be 20,000 Tournament Editions available. Both editions are currently US only.

There's also some US pre-order bonuses to consider too, with more classic costumes up for grabs. GameStop is offering the original Scorpion skin with his original fatality, while Sub-Zero and Reptile get the same skin and original fatality combo if you pre-order from Best Buy or Amazon, respectively. Hmm... Decisions, decisions.

Mortal Kombat is slated for release in April 2011. Fatality!

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7105-Mortal-Kombat-Gets-April-Release-Window-and-US-Kollector-s-Edition.html

Kollectors Edition

hv41dx6256531.jpg

Tournament Edition

2s990gm6269492.jpg

^^^ That stick is nice. Very cool that you can store the game and the cables inside. The only thing I don't like is the boring design on the top. Couple stickers should fix that though.

~~I'll probably end up ordering from Amazon. Sub Zero and Reptile are my favorites from the old series.

Oh man, that stick is cool. I think they re-used the cabinet/button/stick design from the Street Fighter Anniversary Edition arcade stick, which I owned and thought was awesome.

details on the Arcade Stick being bundled with the Mortal Kombat 9 Tournament Edition
The cabinet will use actual Suzo Happ parts, instead of imitations like the bulky MAS-style wooden cased Street Fighter Anniversary sticks. The cabinet allows for easy maintenance or part replacement, as well as a little storage. The underside has memory foam for "comfortable lap use". Gamestop announced that the price for this bundle will be $149.99, which is pretty good considering you get the $60-$70 game

I wanna get the K-edition, but I really need to know how this game turns out before making such a pricy decision.

Back