Metal Gear Rising [Revengeance]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well they took out the solid from the title to differentiate itself from the series. so from that we can tell it's a different type of game. solid = stealth, rising = hack/slash. kojima wanted to make a unique stealth/action, but it failed. so it'll either be a slicing action game, or stealth game. with stealth, he'll prolly wanna save it for mgs5, so action it is. luckily for him platinum was around to pick it up b4 he cancels it. in the end, it's under the same title, but different categories.

well they took out the solid from the title to differentiate itself from the series. so from that we can tell it's a different type of game. solid = stealth, rising = hack/slash. kojima wanted to make a unique stealth/action, but it failed. so it'll either be a slicing action game, or stealth game. with stealth, he'll prolly wanna save it for mgs5, so action it is. luckily for him platinum was around to pick it up b4 he cancels it. in the end, it's under the same title, but different categories.

:google:google:google:google

I just find it hilarious, that after all of Kojima's complaints years back, about how the fans held back his plans to replace Snake with Raiden as the main character in MGS, that Raiden turned out to be unplayable in the end :lol. So much so, that they had to give him his own craptacular series that no one really cares about. Rising will be a passing memory when the next, real MGS game with Snake gets released (of course, I still hold firm to the belief that series should have ended with MGS 4). Snake = MGS. Snake = MG. Enough said.

I'm not a huge MGS fan, only played #1 when released and # 2 which pissed me off because I didn't play as snake as much as I wanted too!

So what is considered the best MGS game if I wanted to enjoy one now?

I'm not a huge MGS fan, only played #1 when released and # 2 which pissed me off because I didn't play as snake as much as I wanted too!

Snake Eater

Snake Eater. In a quiet dark room with no interruptions or distractions. With some beer.

Last edited:

This is a subjective decision. My favorite is Snake Eater, but that is because I love the character and the Cold War setting. Others will say MGS1 is the best, or MGS2 is the best.

~~I can't remember if it was in here or the other thread, but someone suggested that the next MGS game should have Boss as the protagonist. I think that would be awesome!!!

My favorite is the first one, but Snake Eater is regarded as the best installment by most, and for good reason.

Raiden is pretty cool. :)

ros4vlwb.gif

They should call the game Ninja Raiden!

raiden91cut4fxz6.gif

But why is he still a cyborg if this happens after MGS4?

Perhaps his Son and Rose are Killed, and he loses his left eye while he tries to protect them (and fails). So he decides to change back because he has nothing to live for (personally). Or Rose could've just said "go get em tiger!", and Raiden takes all of his fake body parts off for new fake ones :lol

I like his movements (sprinting dodging).

The combat still has that classic DMC (and Bayonetta I suppose) feel... arcadey I guess is the word. I guess it has to do with the animations and how the character engages the enemies (he doesn't get in there and take hold of the slaughter, his attacks seem to be distant - if that makes any sense). Grapple mechanics may relieve that a bit.

Last edited:
I like his movements (sprinting dodging).

The combat still has that classic DMC (and Bayonetta I suppose) feel... arcadey I guess is the word. I guess it has to do with the animations and how the character engages the enemies (he doesn't get in there and take hold of the slaughter, his attacks seem to be distant - if that makes any sense). Grapple mechanics may relieve that a bit.

Now a new battle will begin! Which will be the better game? MGR:R or Ninja Gaiden 3??????????

The MGR:R trailer would've been better if they used this for music instead :lecture:)

1:08 :):)
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m7e7tCn7Bk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m7e7tCn7Bk[/ame]

Last edited:
Back