Medicom RAH Young Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't make sensible posts. You make what you think are funny and clever medi bashing posts. Because you just can't stand that someone would like something other than SS. I think you think it makes you seem funny and hip and people like it, which they don't.

vs. a post like yours that full of :dump. As usual, you have no clue what you're talking about. Just hot air out of your fat :moon. It's not a matter of me being funny, it's a matter of me telling it like I see it. But I wouldn't expect you to see that considering your taste in collectibles is consistent with those who reside in Streamlines. :rolleyes:

vs. a post like yours that full of :dump. As usual, you have no clue what you're talking about. Just hot air out of your fat :moon. It's not a matter of me being funny, it's a matter of me telling it like I see it. But I wouldn't expect you to see that considering your taste in collectibles is consistent with those who reside in Streamlines. :rolleyes:

It's okay with constructive criticism. But you are infamous with your smart ass comments about medicom. You are if I may say, hypocrirte. You hate how people keep rehashing critcisim about SS products but you keep mentioning repetitive ^^^^ about medicom. It's just people dont ^^^^^ what you are ^^^^^ing about unlike you.

I would be surprised if more than a few of you actually owned more medicom figs than nam. Not that that justifies what anyone says about anything... I just think you guys have him pidgeon holed into a stereotype of your own creating.

I would be surprised if more than a few of you actually owned more medicom figs than nam. Not that that justifies what anyone says about anything... I just think you guys have him pidgeon holed into a stereotype of your own creating.

You missed my point. He seems to have a problem with people criticising Sideshow products especially when it is repetitive.
The hypocrite part is that he does the repetitive crap about medicom too. The " Eric Foreman", Zach Braff", big Jango snauser etc. It's repetitive but not many will ^^^^^ about him doing it.

Anyways, how many figs do you mean by that? All Medicom Star wars figs? That's not even worth mentioning.

Last edited:
You missed my point. He seems to have a problem with people criticising Sideshow products especially when it is repetitive.
The hypocrite part is that he does the repetitive crap about medicom too. The "george Foreman", Zach Braff", big Jango snauser etc. It's repetitive but not many will ^^^^^ about him doing it.

Anyways, how many figs do you mean by that? All Medicom Star wars figs? That's not even worth mentioning.

I understand what you meant but I would say the great majority of his posts are insightful and usually if he uses the terms you quote (which people have been saying on this forum long before he joined) its because someone is baiting him into it.

Per his collection, only a small portion of his medi-collection is star wars related. See what I mean. You guys are stuffing all your wrong assumptions on him.

I understand what you meant but I would say the great majority of his posts are insightful and usually if he uses the terms you quote (which people have been saying on this forum long before he joined) its because someone is baiting him into it.

Per his collection, only a small portion of his medi-collection is star wars related. See what I mean. You guys are stuffing all your wrong assumptions on him.

Baiting? By how, countering criticism of sideshow into an attack on Medicom? Alot of criticism of SS products didnt even come from Medicom fans yet we get the repetive medicom crap.

Wrong assumptions is calling people "medicummers" or "commies" when they criticise SS product and most of those don't even buy or collect RAhs

I know or expected his collection as you said. Most of them are SS and HT etc so I didnt get your point.

Baiting? By how, countering criticism of sideshow into an attack on Medicom? Alot of criticism of SS products didnt even come from Medicom fans yet we get the repetive medicom crap.

I know or expected his collection as you said. Most of them are SS and HT etc so I didnt get your point.

Wrong assumptions is calling people "medicummers" or "commies" when they criticise SS product and most of those don't even buy or collect RAhs.

You show me the post where nam goes off and I'll show you the flippant anti-whoever post before it he was responding to.

I personally think the term medikid or medicommies is kind of a cool distinction. Medicummers... yeah, not so much. :lol

You show me the post where nam goes off and I'll show you the flippant anti-whoever post before it he was responding to.

I personally think the term medikid or medicommies is kind of a cool distinction. Medicummers... yeah, not so much. :lol

You seriously want me to go into old Luke, Jango , Han threads to find specific posts? Sorry bro, I have some time to spare but not that much:D

It's okay with constructive criticism. But you are infamous with your smart ass comments about medicom. You are if I may say, hypocrirte. You hate how people keep rehashing critcisim about SS products but you keep mentioning repetitive ^^^^ about medicom. It's just people dont ^^^^^ what you are ^^^^^ing about unlike you.

The hypocrite part is that he does the repetitive crap about medicom too. The " Eric Foreman", Zach Braff", big Jango snauser etc. It's repetitive but not many will ^^^^^ about him doing it.

Wrong assumptions is calling people "medicummers" or "commies" when they criticise SS product and most of those don't even buy or collect RAhs

You seriously want me to go into old Luke, Jango , Han threads to find specific posts? Sorry bro, I have some time to spare but not that much:D

Why dont you two get a room....jeez....:monkey4

There is unfair bias against SSC which tends to not sit well with people who like the figures. Being accused of being an "apologist" when pointing out positives in a figure that others have bashed, does get a bit tiring.

On the other hand it also gets tiring when the old saws of "cartoony head" and "it's too short" are aimed against Medicom figures.

But I do think that we are near the end of criticism of Medicom figures on this forum. There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest here in the Anime figures in which they excel and their forays into Western licenses are becoming irrelevant with the far superior offerings from HT, Enterbay, and; yes - Sideshow.

From the prototype pics Young Indy appeared to be the saving grace for this line - but that has turned out not to be the case.

Ok both SSC and Medicom are hit or miss from time to time, nothing is ever down the middle "even" but, we collect what we like and think fits our personal collection best..i think its fair now just to post about figures you like in their respected threads but, i mean if there are things like design of the figure being totally off what they looked like in the movie,game,comic etc.. to some sort of degree..then i think a friendly debate would be fine. Thing is, we hardly see anyone talking smack about Hot Toys because they are getting it done the right way and improving product drastically as SSC and Medicom are slowly coming along.

Just got River today and with a little wash, the prototype returns (well, almost. Still wish his clothes were greenish, but I may tint them in time.) I realize this all should've been done overseas for the price we pay and the titillating preview shots but his hair really is an easy fix. Sorry for the crap cell phone shot, and ignore that he's somehow in his eventual classroom. Maybe he's having a premonition!

Just got River today and with a little wash, the prototype returns (well, almost. Still wish his clothes were greenish, but I may tint them in time.) I realize this all should've been done overseas for the price we pay and the titillating preview shots but his hair really is an easy fix. Sorry for the crap cell phone shot, and ignore that he's somehow in his eventual classroom. Maybe he's having a premonition!

Amazing. Change the hair color and it comes out 1,000 times better. This version I would have bought.

I'm gonna ignore the majority of the last page :lol for everyone's sake. But I'll briefly add that no, my medicom collection is not only comprised of Star Wars. I'd continue to buy pieces if they were up to par (meaning the quality actually matches the price - you can use this figure as an example of "no") and am actually considering picking up Henry Sr. should Sideshow's disappoint (we won't know until tomorrow). As for their other stuff, I'm all over MGS or their VCDs but have no interest in Kamen Riders or $300 Fist of the North Star figures. Despite it being nobody's business, beit Scarlett, Valfar, Kraytt, etc., what I collect, I'd expect that since several posts saying, "Medi's Stormtrooper is way better than Sideshow's," "forget Sideshow, I'll stick with Medi's Clones" or "Medi's Han is better than Sideshow's" have popped up throughout several of the Sideshow product threads, you hardcore Medicom collectors should be adult enough to expect others to make similar comments in Medi threads.

Why dont you two get a room....jeez....:monkey4

You just wanna watch. :p

Ok both SSC and Medicom are hit or miss from time to time, nothing is ever down the middle "even" but, we collect what we like and think fits our personal collection best..i think its fair now just to post about figures you like in their respected threads but, i mean if there are things like design of the figure being totally off what they looked like in the movie,game,comic etc.. to some sort of degree..then i think a friendly debate would be fine. Thing is, we hardly see anyone talking smack about Hot Toys because they are getting it done the right way and improving product drastically as SSC and Medicom are slowly coming along.

Actually, HotToys has their own distinct problems which are just unacceptable, especially at that price range, beit broken wrist pegs, figures shipping with two of the same arms, paint smears, disproportionate necks, paint apps not matching the prototypes, etc. Hell, there's even a debate over whether or not the predators are even to scale. :duh At any given time, I'd say a company's "superiority" would depend on what figure you're talking about and to whom.

And to get back on topic, the paint looks like poop. With the darker wash, it overall improves, but that's just unacceptable at this price range. It's really a shame too considering the Indy collectibles are far and few between nowadays. :(

Last edited:
I do think that with darker hair and something done about the scar paint, the head could be great.

I haven't checked for the leg extenders, but as you can see from the pics - the MediIndy figures are about the same height as the Prometheus. Could it be that Medi heard the comments about scale with their figures and are trying to rectify it with leg extenders? The bodies are still too slight for the size though, so I'm not sure this is a real solution.

Back