Medicom RAH Young Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Young Indiana Jones RAH 12 Inch Figure

I'm assuming you mean to remove the head and put it on another BODY, not remove the head and replace it with another head?

Either way, do be careful when pulling that sucker off. As witnessed in the photos below, Medicom isn't adverse to gluing the head to the top of the neck peg. As I discovered when I pulled mine off.

dsc00015ix.jpg

dsc00016z.jpg

There's another thread about this figure somewhere, showing the wonders a re-paint and/or dye job can do for it. I'd suggest doing a little poking around and reading through it before purchasing the figure.

- J

I'm assuming you mean to remove the head and put it on another BODY, not remove the head and replace it with another head?

Either way, do be careful when pulling that sucker off. As witnessed in the photos below, Medicom isn't adverse to gluing the head to the top of the neck peg. As I discovered when I pulled mine off.

dsc00015ix.jpg

dsc00016z.jpg

There's another thread about this figure somewhere, showing the wonders a re-paint and/or dye job can do for it. I'd suggest doing a little poking around and reading through it before purchasing the figure.

- J

well that pretty much tells me what i wanted to know. and even posted pics too, thanks :yess:. and yeah i read mctoys review on the figure. despite its flaws, still got it cuz i'm a fan of the franchise.

hey there my fellow collectors, i was just wondering if medicom's young indie figure head can be replaced and such. just joined the 12' club so sorry if i sound like a n00b. just wanted to know b4 i make the purchased. thanks. :rotfl

Welcome. Glad you got your question answered-- but feel free to pose questions in the threads where the item has already been discussed at nauseum-- the question in fact might already have been answered (which is the joy of searching) or if not then the answer (which invariably will be given) will be there for the next guy/girl when they ask.

:wink1:

this is still the only Young Indy on the market, and on a horse he looks quite nice...

picture.php

It's been over a year since somebody posted in this thread!

But I have something I wanted to post.

I have a Young Indy too!! I never owned any Medicom or Rah figure before. I love River Phoenix and when I found out that this item existed, I just had to have one!!!! I did not rest until I had him. On eBay, by then, he was selling for a lot more. And I couldn't find one anywhere else. I was short on money and with there being so few young Indys left to buy, I was worried that they'd all be gone by the time I saved up enough money. So, I took my good jewelry to a pawn shop and got a loan on it to purchase my River/Indy from eBay. It was worth it! I love him very much and can't live without him! lol This figure is my baby.

More surprised anyone would be chomping at the bit to get this figure... looked awful and now inexplicably sells for close to $200 :lol

Once repainted the head sculpt is amazing, but the rest of the figure is pretty lacking. I think I got mine for about $100 when it first came out and that was too much, but what can I say, I needed it for my collection.

I have a few campaign hats by Hasbro/Cotswold, 21C, BB1, etc. that I can use for a Boy Scout hat, but I'm stuck in acquiring a Boy Scout badge. Any one every find or make one in 1/6? I currently have my Young Indy on a galloping DiD horse but a perfect hat is the last thing I need.

Superado, does the BBI hat fit on the Young Indy sculpt well? Was thinking of getting one.

Superado, does the BBI hat fit on the Young Indy sculpt well? Was thinking of getting one.

It's a bit too small on his head and probably can be forced on, or even have some of the inside grinded off with a Dremel tool for some leeway. The flocking is too green and not a match for the Boy Scout uniform, but as I've seen in older posts on this board, some pointed out how the Boy Scout uniform was not green enough and they've gone through the trouble to dye it. The Hasbro/Cotswold hats fit better, but may need repainting.

However, for the best overall "accurate" results, working on the BBI hat and recoloring the Boy Scout uni would be in order. Hmmm, now I'm thinking of doing the dye job and sculpt repaint...

Last edited:
OK, sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I need opinions. The arm broke off my Young Indy about two weeks after I got him. He's been sitting on my "to do" shelf for three years, waiting to have his arm re-attached and his repainted head popped back on. I finally got around to drilling out the rivet this weekend, only to have the other arm promptly drop off. @!#$%

So, here's my question: which Hot Toys body is approximately the same size / build as this Medicom body? My first guess would be slim True Type, but if anyone has suggestions, I'm listening! I considered buying another Medicom body but after that second arm fell off (just FELL OFF. The rivets were installed so tightly that they crushed the plastic beneath) I've sworn off Medicom bodies.

Thanks!

- MJ

Hey hey. Still looking to replace the broken body for this figure. If I want to replace it with a Medicom body, does anyone know which style it is? And what a suitable non-Medicom body would be?

Back