Mattel BTTF 2 Hoverboard Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems to be a widespread issue.
Over on the Matty forums there are loads of threads about it.
Matty have posted on their Facebook page that people will be contacted in the next day or so to re-instate orders.

thats reassuring to know they are sorting it out

Strange because i already got a shipment notice and my card still isn't charged. They said they would charge it aroung the 27th of november.

I had an e-mail form CS yesterday asking for my details again but only the last 4 digits of the payment card and then they wanted me to phone them to give the full number.
I responded asking for them to call me as I did not want to incur any more cost phoning the US.

I did not hear back but then late last night I got an email to say to go to the site and order the item again and was provided with a link and a code to reduce the price form $1000 to $120 and in effect re-instate my order.

I have re-ordered, lets see if this sort out this farce.

I had the same issue, funny thing is when i called about my order being cancelled they said that I had called and requested it to be cancelled. I said NO! so Im still pending.

I just got an e-mail from Matty, they fixed my issue and I will now be getting my hoverboard and mini hoverboard.

I got the notice mine shipped this morning.

While I'm a bit disappointed they didn't do the lenticular sticker, it's still fine with me and I've been waiting a long time to finally own one. Those MattyCollector forums are kinda weird. Nobody replies to a thread. Everyone just posts a brand new thread as a response. ?!?

I just received mine, after a weekend delay due to customs.

Can anyone tell me how many pieces of styrofoam there should be in the box? Mine only had a piece on the front of the board, to hold that in place. But something tells me something similar was at the back. My board was now somewhat loose in the box.

Yes, customs had opened the box and taped it shut with their own "cleared for customs" tape. They took out the board, not only from the white shipping box but also from the colored box, and when they put it back, they put their stupid "customs inspection" over it.

Last edited:
So wait.... you're in the Netherlands, yours had to be cleared by customs...

I'm in Michigan and my tracking hasn't updated since I got my ship notice a week ago.

How is possible you got yours first??

But what BS is that they rummaged thru the box opened it and forgot to put it back in correctly... I'm pretty sure customs just opens stuff up because they can.

M.

yep, I got my trackingnumber about a week ago too, the original ETA was last friday but then it got stuck in customs over the weekend. I'm a bit surprised too that nobody here has posted that they received the hoverboard...
Shipping to The Netherlands with UPS or FedEx usually takes 4 or 5 days, so it's not that much slower than within the US.

and yes, they opened the box, and it seems they forgot to put everything back in. The board was loose in the box at the back end, but I suspect that there should be a block of styrofoam to keep it in place. At least their stupid tape came off without ripping off the print on the cardboard.

first impressions:
-Looks good enough for me, but I'm not **** retentive when it comes to miniscule details.
-the board has some nice weight to it, which makes it feel less like a flimsy prop.
-the soundeffects are crap.
-the clear plastic displaystand is a nice addition, but since the board is heavy on the backside, it should have been put a bit further in the back, not in the middle. Now it looks like it's going to tip over soon.
-why did they include the handlebars with the miniature version?

Think mine will be at least 2 weeks yet as I only went with standard shipping to the UK.

Wow... seems like this is getting out of hand...
Big failure from Mattel not to address all this stuff during pre-production... bummer... I hope it's not as bad as to kill MattyCollector.com...

This is deceptive Bait & Switch advertising pure and simple. Matty stated repeatedly during and after the pre-order period that their product was "screen accurate" and lied about the innacurate cost-cutting shortcuts made on the mass-produced final product until after pre-orders had shipped. I think a class-action lawsuit can be made. And I would encourage anyone to file a complaint with the BBB as well. I'm going to dispute the charge for "Significantly not as advertised."

I read the Bob Gale review and i am dissapointed i ordered it now especialy as the UK customs charge will be about £30 extra.

I think people may be *****ing about this a bit too much. Looks darn close to me even comparing to movie boards.

I think people may be *****ing about this a bit too much. Looks darn close to me even comparing to movie boards.

Did you get one? Do you have it in hand?

I just got mine and it's a piece of crap for 130... the sounds suck, they are too loud... the stand sucks because apparently Mattel has no sense of how things balance.?
The stickers suck... there was no reason that they could not replicate the lenticular look... and I don't know if they're all held together by Scotch near the non adjustable foot strap... but mine is horribly matched up.

This thing would have better priced at 40 bucks... man, the sound is ****.

Very disappointed.

M.

So I guess the question now is: How many who are disappointed when they receive theirs will actually send them back? :dunno

So I guess the question now is: How many who are disappointed when they receive theirs will actually send them back? :dunno

It all depends on how bad the stickers are on mine and if they pay return postage.

Back