Mattel BTTF 2 Hoverboard Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compared to the custom boards out there, it's pretty bad looking. It's missing certain velcro pieces, the sticker isn't lenticular, it's just flat and ugly looking. Also, the edge all around the board is round when it's supposed to be squared. Weird, since Mattel had it right with the prototype. I had ordered a few of these but will definitely be canceling and ordering a custom.

Got an email today

Back to the Future™ Fans,
We’ve got great news… the authentic Back to the Future™ Hoverboard Prop Replica(s) you pre-ordered is going to ship soon! They’re on their way to our warehouse as you read this and expected to be ready for shipment to you around December 1st.
Approximately three days before your order ships to you, we’ll charge the card you used to place the order. This means you’ll need to have the funds available on your card by November 27th.
If you need to change your credit card or shipping address information, please call Customer Service at 1-877-GO-MATTY by Monday, November 26, 2012.
Remember, because you pre-ordered your Hoverboard, you’ll receive a mini-Hoverboard scaled to 6” figures with your order. We’ll have a small amount of additional Hoverboard Prop Replicas available at MattyCollector.com on 12/3 at 9am PT, but they won’t include the mini and the price will be higher than the pre-order price.
Thank you for being a loyal MattyCollector.com customer. We hope you enjoy your Hoverboard Prop Replica and exclusive mini-Hoverboard!
MattyCollector.com Customer Service

Soon gonna try this:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkyLnWm1iCs[/ame]

:) :) :) :)

Have you guys seen this review yet?

[ame]https://youtu.be/kWsU_ncZKFk[/ame]

Have you guys seen this review yet?
I had not. Thanks for posting.

Quite positive on the whole. The only thing that worries me is his one looked like it had a bubble in the sticker when it caught the light. Fingers crossed it was just a trick only the light and not a common occurrence.

Overall I was excited about this, and I don't think it looks bad. I just don't think I could bite myself, for the price. But it seems like it could be a fun little piece.

Man... not that I expected something else, but I am really disappointed... from the start of the video with the flapless non-collector friendly box... who was the genius that made that decision??

I remember when they pitched the whole thing they mentioned being able to stand on it... that's gone too... lenticular graphics... gone.

I think this is worth half of the 130 price... I would hate to get all legal on this because I'm no expert, but it seems to me there was a lot of false advertising going on when Mattel suckered fans into thinking they would get something awesome... I'm pretty sure I'm done with them after this purchase.

M.

I'm keeping my preorder but I'm skeptical of the final product. It's a little short of my expectations.

too bad about the disclaimers on the box, but I guess they have to cos someone in the US will sue them (even if they are fully aware that it's a prop replica, but they'll sue just to see if they can get a gazillion dollars from some bullcrap lawsuit).

Wish they had scrapped all the stupid gimmicky noises and put the money into a better finish on the board decals.

Yeah I got something:

I'm :censored: off with Mattel. Rather than getting a shipment e-mail I got one to say my order has been cancelled.

I phoned them and they said it was because the card I used for the purchase was expired.
They had mailed me to say it was due to expire and could I e-mail the new card details a month ago which I did! On top of that as a backup I even added another card to my Mattel account in case they messed up they could use an alternative payment.

Did they think to try that, no. Instead I'm told the order has been canceled and they can't do anything. I would need to re-order form the site at the higher price and with no mini board. At that point I asked to speak to a supervisor.

Went through the whole thing again and am now waiting to see if she can sort something out with the processing department.

How ridiculous that they did not mail me first telling about the issue and trying to fix it rather than just canceling the order!

I hope they can sort it out or I will be sending an e-mail to someone higher.

reading on RPF someone got them to re-instate the order when on the phone, wish they had done that for me. I phoned them at 10am UK time and its now 3.27pm here, still no e-mail.

It seems to be a widespread issue.
Over on the Matty forums there are loads of threads about it.
Matty have posted on their Facebook page that people will be contacted in the next day or so to re-instate orders.

Back