Mattel '66 Batman TV series figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heads up everyone. The figures are now being found in Walmart stores. So the distribution is growing.

I've been checking both my local Walmart and Target for them frequently but never see anything. Although both of their toy selections kind of are crappy. I'll have to keep checking Walmart though.

I hadn't planned on buying these... Even though my earliest love for Batman came through reruns of the 60's show and I've always wanted some kind of West representation on my toy shelves, I really didn't want to go "all-in" for a big, $20 a pop mass market line. Plus, I am not a big fan of the way Mattel runs their ship, so I always feel weird buying their products now...

But with Mattel announcing in one of their recent "Ask Matty" segments that what we have seen revealed for this line so far is the extent of it (since they are moving all their mass market lines away from the 6" scale in 2014), I started thinking maybe it wouldn't be so bad to pick these up, since I now know its only 6 carded figures, a 2 pack, and the Batmobile. But I still was hesitant about ordering them online...

...then I saw the 3 currently released carded figures sitting at TRU today, right during their "15% off your entire purchase sale". If the discount didn't get me, the AMAZING packaging still would have. Seriously- Even though I don't ordinarily care about packaging, there is just something about these that screams "BUY ME!" from the shelves!
So Batman, Penguin, and Riddler came home with me. :)

No, they aren't perfect.... And no, they shouldn't be $20 a piece. But man are these some FUN toys! I would have LOVED this line as a kid. Heck- neither of my sons seemed all that interested in them when we looked at pictures online... but now that mine are busted open and they've had a chance to play around with them , they both want sets of their own! I am really glad I gave these guys a chance, and I look forward to picking up Catwoman and Joker whenever they ship.

-Sallah

Robin don't look quite right on that Batcycle. :lol Looks like he's about to give birth.

ofcourse he ain't because that batycle is made by hot wheels and not meant for it i was just trying to mimic these pix

Yi7oxH2.png

8TqQjiS.jpg

^ If that's the case, those Mattel. figures are a pretty good fit with the Hot Wheels, despite not being made for them.

I'm glad I pre-ordered the wall-walking Batman and Robin from Amazon, and the Batmobile from Target. They seem to be hard to find now. I got the Penguin too and his sculpt is great. Still not sure if I want the Riddler, but I have my Catwoman and Joker still on order, hopefully they will arrive and not be cancelled.

60sBRset6.jpg

batmobile3.jpg

batmobile7.jpg

batmobile11.jpg

batmobile12.jpg

batmobile10.jpg

batsharkgag.jpg

batbombgag.jpg

60sPenguin2.jpg

60sPenguin5.jpg

^ If that's the case, those Mattel. figures are a pretty good fit with the Hot Wheels, despite not being made for them.

I'm glad I pre-ordered the wall-walking Batman and Robin from Amazon, and the Batmobile from Target. They seem to be hard to find now. I got the Penguin too and his sculpt is great. Still not sure if I want the Riddler, but I have my Catwoman and Joker still on order, hopefully they will arrive and not be cancelled.

Awesome stuff! love that shark scene

where did yo get that shark and bomb?

The shark is just some dollar store rubber thing I picked up somewhere, don't even remember when or where. The bomb is from the old Palisades Pink Panther action figure line. It came with The Inspector figure:
90280875-260x260-0-0_Palisades+Toys+Palisades+Toys+Pink+Panther+Action+.jpg

Got Penguin at Walmart today- he looks MUCH nicer in hand than pics...it's because the camera flashes on pics make the details wash out and plastic gets shiny and crappy looking....so many of you will like these when you see them up close..

The Batman and Robin figure set is now selling at Toys R Us stores. I saw three at one of the stores I visited today.

Since we bought them, we figured why not review 'em... So the first of our Mattel Classic TV Series 6" Batman Figure reviews is now up...

Head on over and match wits with the quarrelsome quizmaster- The Riddler! https://www.actionfeatures.net/2013/08/toy-talk-review-mattel-batman-classic.html

-Sallah

Really don't like the discoloration contrast between the greens on the arm and leg joints. It's like they assembled the pieces from a different batch that came off the assembly line with a slightly different shade of paint.

Back