Mattel '66 Batman TV series figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone seen if these have hit the UK yet at retailers. BBTS actually have them in stock the last time I checked, so they must be nearing general release worldwide.

I know Forbidden Planet & Mother's Basement have them up for pre-order for 25th August release, but they are usually really late getting stock. Amazon have them too.

I wonder if we'll start seeing the on eBay any sooner?

I'm only after the Batman/Robin 2-pack and Joker....& maybe Riddler?!

So as far as I can tell, there were no new reveals at SDCC 2013 for Mattel's '66 Batman line so can we assume that what we have seen up until now is the complete line? Does anyone expect Mattel to dig deep into the catalogue of characters? I assumed that this line would be handled like the Movie Masters lines; small but core group of character releases and than nothing more. If they are going with smaller scale for movie releases next year I assume '66 is done with. Shame but not surprising. Playing it safe on their part I assume.

Anyone seen if these have hit the UK yet at retailers. BBTS actually have them in stock the last time I checked, so they must be nearing general release worldwide.

I know Forbidden Planet & Mother's Basement have them up for pre-order for 25th August release, but they are usually really late getting stock. Amazon have them too.

I wonder if we'll start seeing the on eBay any sooner?

I'm only after the Batman/Robin 2-pack and Joker....& maybe Riddler?!

I was told to expect them around September as Diamond Comics UK are distributing them over here. Forbidden Planet may get them earlier if they grey import them.

I think the Batman '66 license will be so saturated within the next six months, there will be nothing to motivate people to buy half of what is out there. These figures benefit only from being first. But as sloppy as the paints apps look, I don't see that many people running out to get them. Reviews are coming in and they're not very good.

The Batman/Robin 2-pack is now shipping from Amazon. Is $29.99 the best price on these?

Best price I've seen. A friend of mine showed my his 2pack and I thought it looked pretty good. Paint apps were good on his.

I got the set from Big Bad Toy Store and the paint was fine. Love the base and have it hanging from my wall. I do not want any of the other figures though.

Just got my exclusive, pretty cool!
407309005.jpg

I think the Batman '66 license will be so saturated within the next six months, there will be nothing to motivate people to buy half of what is out there. These figures benefit only from being first. But as sloppy as the paints apps look, I don't see that many people running out to get them. Reviews are coming in and they're not very good.

I tend to agree- the first two are so-so- hoping they get better. I doubt HT ready till next Fall....

I liked Batman and Robin, for the most part. I was happy with the sculpt, articulation and proportions. They look great in the Batmobile. Some of the paint apps on Bats could be better, though. But nothing deal-breaking. I think some of the complaints are being blown out of proportion.

There are paint issues but they aren't universal. The cape is actually pretty nicely constructed. The wires are a bit weird at first but look good with some fussing. They have a nice amount of articulation with nicely show accurate proportions. Etcetera.

First post on this forum and its for a line I wasn't going to collect ...

Riddler and penguin are now in stock on amazon, hopefully the paint apps are improved over the two pack but I'm not holding out much hope. Fully prepared to be disappointed by the soft sculpt on the riddler too, must be a domino mask thing.

Back