Large TruScale Diorama of the RotJ Emperor Throne Room in solid aluminium

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a39941aa411a060a9728fe5b23603469.jpg

2nd attempt - getting closer to the display I’ve been dreaming of...

Please check out the video...

https://youtu.be/zUup3X9rsNg

TruScale Throne Room #006 has been assembled! Jazz - I'm just amazed by the work that you and your dad are doing. Ikea had a free delivery deal going on last week so I had two more double Bestas delivered today. I'm going to put those together this weekend (hopefully) for the sole purpose of housing my Jazz Inc dios! In the meantime here are a couple of iphone pics of its current setup on my kitchen table. I think my son will approve of the location but that's probably where the support ends. Bring on the Royal Guards! I'd even be tempted for a Dignitary IMG_0984.jpg
IMG_0986.jpg

Edit: I'm not sure why the lighting looks so intense around the side of the windows... probably the phone. I'll add some better pictures when I have it fully set up in the Besta display. I highly recommend this dio and I'll post a 5-star review on the JazzInc website in the next few days

Last edited:
TruScale Throne Room #006 has been assembled! Jazz - I'm just amazed by the work that you and your dad are doing. Ikea had a free delivery deal going on last week so I had two more double Bestas delivered today. I'm going to put those together this weekend (hopefully) for the sole purpose of housing my Jazz Inc dios! In the meantime here are a couple of iphone pics of its current setup on my kitchen table. I think my son will approve of the location but that's probably where the support ends. Bring on the Royal Guards! I'd even be tempted for a Dignitary View attachment 376760
View attachment 376761

Edit: I'm not sure why the lighting looks so intense around the side of the windows... probably the phone. I'll add some better pictures when I have it fully set up in the Besta display. I highly recommend this dio and I'll post a 5-star review on the JazzInc website in the next few days

I really love those pictures, but indeed, the center window could use a little bit of backlighting. Did you apply the light the way I describe it in the video,? Then you will probably need something to reflect it off, like the back of the besta.

Anyway, when you get your final pictures, I would love approval to use them on my website. They look great!

Jazz - I did apply the lights per the video instructions but I will definitely need something to reflect the light. It is truly freestanding on the table with nothing to reflect the light from behind. Also the pictures were taken late last night and I didn't have the opportunity to do much tweaking and didn't have any natural light. I'll be working on the lighting when I get them housed and then I'll hopefully take some website worthy pictures! In any event I'm really enjoying the dio.

I still need to get the TruSale Tantive IV assembled which I would much rather put together than Ikea furniture so it may slightly delay the updated pictures.... I have to make a chicken or egg decision today... With any luck I can do both this weekend but more likely I'll get it finished next week when I have some time off for Thanksgiving.

Jazz - I did apply the lights per the video instructions but I will definitely need something to reflect the light. It is truly freestanding on the table with nothing to reflect the light from behind. Also the pictures were taken late last night and I didn't have the opportunity to do much tweaking and didn't have any natural light. I'll be working on the lighting when I get them housed and then I'll hopefully take some website worthy pictures! In any event I'm really enjoying the dio.

I still need to get the TruSale Tantive IV assembled which I would much rather put together than Ikea furniture so it may slightly delay the updated pictures.... I have to make a chicken or egg decision today... With any luck I can do both this weekend but more likely I'll get it finished next week when I have some time off for Thanksgiving.

Wonderful. We are thinking of making a custom bent piece to close the back for those who don’t display it in a cabinet.

I have been asked by a collector to calculate the price of the Emperor Throne Room in actual Ultimate Scale (perfect 1:6 scale). These would be the measurements and the price will be well over $1000. He was still interested.

Are any of you?

7a38c1e7f4c6e4b3a8aac71e42c3def6.jpg

I have been asked by a collector to calculate the price of the Emperor Throne Room in actual Ultimate Scale (perfect 1:6 scale). These would be the measurements and the price will be well over $1000. He was still interested.

Are any of you?

7a38c1e7f4c6e4b3a8aac71e42c3def6.jpg

Does it come with a trailer for display space [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not interested in buying but sure interested in seeing it done! Your great work on the truescale is perfect size for my needs but hope this project makes it off the ground. Pretty awesome that the two of you are even entertaining this!

I’m happy with my tru-scale version. I’d rather see you keep designing other dioramas but it would be cool to see if you did decide to build it.

I think it would be really neat if you went the other direction and built something empire related for the little people (1/12 scale collectors)...especially something that wouldn’t be feasible in 1/6 scale.

For anyone who has this truscale set, a pretty cool way to set this set off even more is to place a color led puck light in each of the consoles. They are pretty cheap and easily had on Amazon.

I think it would be really neat if you went the other direction and built something empire related for the little people (1/12 scale collectors)...especially something that wouldn’t be feasible in 1/6 scale.

Maybe the whole room?
f382e54c704d4aafd996a252c92afbb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone who has this truscale set, a pretty cool way to set this set off even more is to place a color led puck light in each of the consoles. They are pretty cheap and easily had on Amazon.

I did something similar but didn’t quite get the glow I was going for... will have to check these out.

Back