First True to Scale Diorama for Ikea Besta or stand alone! Episode 4!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4857699666139ba188d8d8ac57c6934d.jpg

Is this the 'whole shebang'?

Looks pretty good just as a standalone unit.

Here is my diorama which I nodified adding the bottom base and screwing all the sides, back and the base so it is compact and movable and all the parts sit flush to each other. I also added the front plexyglass window so is is dust free inside.

a0614b537ae49ab2f648d23a88acc84b.jpg

bb28e28a1a72eab495478b8c273ffe59.jpg

ab1fd9e5d47276491f0bf9ce10f9d3fb.jpg

fe6eeac220d4658c3e872c0a4ddfe08f.jpg

762938686c88de7966f479abee3c974a.jpg

f627566777d11849e72cd5c826e4e6df.jpg

I also screwed the metal siding because with the double sided tape I was not achieving the gapeless contact to the front columns and the light was slightly seeaping on top. I painted the screws white so they are not noticeable very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here is my diorama which I nodified adding the bottom base and screwing all the sides, back and the base so it is compact and movable and all the parts sit flush to each other. I also added the front plexyglass window so is is dust free inside.

a0614b537ae49ab2f648d23a88acc84b.jpg

bb28e28a1a72eab495478b8c273ffe59.jpg

ab1fd9e5d47276491f0bf9ce10f9d3fb.jpg

fe6eeac220d4658c3e872c0a4ddfe08f.jpg

762938686c88de7966f479abee3c974a.jpg

f627566777d11849e72cd5c826e4e6df.jpg

I also screwed the metal siding because with the double sided tape I was not achieving the gapeless contact to the front columns and the light was slightly seeaping on top. I painted the screws white so they are not noticeable very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Love it! Thanks for sharing!!!

Love it! Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks!

Excuse the poor surroundings (my workshop) and the lack of figures.
I am currently in the planning process of turning my attic in the display room / man cave so I am keeping my figures packed.

EDIT: I also added the adhesive reflective tape (traffic safety kind) on the inside of the top plate to make the lights inside more bright - it makes a huge difference!

Thanks!

Excuse the poor surroundings (my workshop) and the lack of figures.
I am currently in the planning process of turning my attic in the display room / man cave so I am keeping my figures packed.

I CANNOT wait to see that!!

This has been a labor of love but I went the extra mile to really try and make the diorama shinny like on-screen by sanding down and repainting the entire thing. Nothing wrong at all how it came, just wanted to go with a really glossy authentic set color. Almost complete still need to finish greeblies paint and end with battle damage. Finally, get the band back together.

So giddy watching the despecialized Star Wars and seeing how gorgeous this piece is going to be. Again, just an amazing art piece Joost turned out with this. A few days and should be fully operational.

GhPZG3A.jpg

2aVObFu.jpg

ed0Y2U0.jpg

:thud::thud::thud:

That looks PHENOMINAL!

Just as phenominal as I knew it would....now I have decisions to make.

Where are you putting this thing? I'm having a harder time finding a permanent place for my 47" TruScale than I anticipated, and now I'm once again considering the 80" thing of splendor you're showing off above!

Then again, who am I kidding? JOOST! Do you have any of those extension kits lying around? You're gonna need to get one ready!!

:thud::thud::thud:

That looks PHENOMINAL!

Just as phenominal as I knew it would....now I have decisions to make.

Where are you putting this thing? I'm having a harder time finding a permanent place for my 47" TruScale than I anticipated, and now I'm once again considering the 80" thing of splendor you're showing off above!

Then again, who am I kidding? JOOST! Do you have any of those extension kits lying around? You're gonna need to get one ready!!

Looks gorgeous!!! I only have a handful of these extension kits left

This has been a labor of love but I went the extra mile to really try and make the diorama shinny like on-screen by sanding down and repainting the entire thing. Nothing wrong at all how it came, just wanted to go with a really glossy authentic set color. Almost complete still need to finish greeblies paint and end with battle damage. Finally, get the band back together.

So giddy watching the despecialized Star Wars and seeing how gorgeous this piece is going to be. Again, just an amazing art piece Joost turned out with this. A few days and should be fully operational.

GhPZG3A.jpg

2aVObFu.jpg

ed0Y2U0.jpg

Gorgeous!what did you use to paint the control panels??

Back