Large TruScale Diorama of the RotJ Emperor Throne Room in solid aluminium

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jazz.
I have a question about something I noticed that has been bugging me...
Here is the comparison of your truescale version that is advertised on your website (left) and the final production version you just started to ship taken from your YouTube assembly video (right):

comparison.jpg

As you can notice, there is quite a bit of difference in the control panels. The production version panels are huuuge! So huge they take up almost entire display!
I am a bit worried now that I will not be able to make my display the way I wanted - emperor in the chair and luke and vader dueling in front (maybe even guards besides the emperor). I just don't see this as possible due to these gigantic panels in front. They seem very disproportionate, I liked the First version so much more, they left so much more space and didn't dominate the whole display. Why did you make this change?

Hey nathan.

No offence when I say this, but those control panels Jazz made for the final version are far more screen accurate, and personally, I think he knocked it out of the park. I was very worried about the initial versions as they just seemed to be there for filler - and degraded the insane quality of the rest of the piece.

I understand your issue about space, but simply... if you don't like them, don't display them. I imagine you could easily sell them on eBay even.

Hi Jazz.
I have a question about something I noticed that has been bugging me...
Here is the comparison of your truescale version that is advertised on your website (left) and the final production version you just started to ship taken from your YouTube assembly video (right):

View attachment 373629

As you can notice, there is quite a bit of difference in the control panels. The production version panels are huuuge! So huge they take up almost entire display!
I am a bit worried now that I will not be able to make my display the way I wanted - emperor in the chair and luke and vader dueling in front (maybe even guards besides the emperor). I just don't see this as possible due to these gigantic panels in front. They seem very disproportionate, I liked the First version so much more, they left so much more space and didn't dominate the whole display. Why did you make this change?

You are right Nathan. I really try to listen to consumer feedback and many people told me the prototype consoles were just too small to be screen accurate, because a person had to fit inside them, so I did my research and these are accurate 1/6 scale. I had initially made them smaller to maximise the space. If you want, I can sell you the prototype consoles on the left, no problem

I also prefer the final design...however it does make you wonder how the heck the a person was supposed to get in and out of the console.

408b580719220c60e8c9efdedd44ea29.jpg

Gotta love the new ups tracking feature!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No offence when I say this, but those control panels Jazz made for the final version are far more screen accurate, and personally, I think he knocked it out of the park. I was very worried about the initial versions as they just seemed to be there for filler - and degraded the insane quality of the rest of the piece.

I completely agree

The eagle has landed! I'm looking forward to assembling this and the Tantive IV Truscale this weekend. I'll follow up with some pics.

When Joost announced the detolf version I decided to make some video loops to display behind it, thinking I could use an old computer monitor. But then he had to go and make a tru scale version, so currently I'm using a 40 inch screen. Actually I love the size of this dio, and I can't imagine having the window be smaller now.

Anyway, here's a video showing some of the Space Loops. Sorry but the light in the room was kind of yellow, making the dio look sort of army green - it's definitely the correct shade of grey in real life. I'll try to make a better video soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75cX7bPiOko

You are right Nathan. I really try to listen to consumer feedback and many people told me the prototype consoles were just too small to be screen accurate, because a person had to fit inside them, so I did my research and these are accurate 1/6 scale. I had initially made them smaller to maximise the space. If you want, I can sell you the prototype consoles on the left, no problem

Sorry for not picking up the reply sooner...
I get why you changed it, and I am ok with it. I will see if I will use the consoles in my display or not, no worries.
My throne arrived yesterday, thank you, I will assemble this weekend.

You definitely need more space out front to display everything properly. If I was using a besta or whatever I wouldn’t cram them in there either. Also even though this is ‘tru scale’ it’s still designed within the confines of those display cabinets. I think the window in the movie is still a good bit larger.

I do wish the sides of the piece were flared out instead of square. It doesn’t matter if you use the included star field but I really like putting my space loop videos behind it. It’s a minor nit but the sides do block some of the field of vision from almost every angle.

You definitely need more space out front to display everything properly. If I was using a besta or whatever I wouldn’t cram them in there either. Also even though this is ‘tru scale’ it’s still designed within the confines of those display cabinets. I think the window in the movie is still a good bit larger.

Look, there's never been any doubt that in order to make this offering in any feasible way that some liberties regarding the scale were required to avoid us needed to find spare room in our houses to display this....

IMG4287.png

IMG4286.jpg

But find me a better , higher quality 1/6 representation of this classic scene that we are lucky enough to order and bring home with just few mouse clicks. This is a great Dio.

IMG4288.png

My plan for this set up is to forgo confining it in any king of a display case. I think it will work far better in a wider space without side walls. I haven't got it all fleshed out yet, but I would agree that this particular Dio works better the more you can let it breathe.

Oh I’m extremely happy with it. I’ve spent more time sitting in front of it in 2 days than any other piece or figure I’ve owned.
I’m very appreciative of Jazz’s hard work I wasn’t meaning to sound critical. The dio is plenty big I was just pointing out that it’s not exactly 1/6 scale which could contribute to the consoles seeming large. I actually think he got the consoles just right because they can house a figure without looking cramped.

At some point I might consider modding the sides to allow for a broader view. It looks like it could possibly be disassembled without too much difficulty.

Back