Jason Reitman's GHOSTBUSTERS: Afterlife - March 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jason Reitman’s GHOSTBUSTERS 3 - Summer 2020

How come?

Because it’s China haha... here is a quote from the Hollywood Reporter.

“China's official censorship guidelines technically prohibit movies that "promote cults or superstition" — a holdover from the Communist Party's secular ideology — and the country's regulators occasionally have been known to use this obscure provision as rationale for banning films that feature ghosts or supernatural beings in a semi-realistic way”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's so unusual that they never made a third film, considering how many franchises from the 80s got a trilogy. I know GB2 wasn't as good as the original, but it made some money, and they had a hit cartoon show until the early 90s, and a popular attraction/ride at Universal Studios.

I really think it was mostly because of Bill Murray. He was always the hold out. And his falling out with Harold Ramis over on the set of Groundhog Day probably sealed the deal. Otherwise, I think it would have happened, because all of the other principal actors were for it.

I once asked a gamer friend why he always made the character he okayed female...
He said.

“In would rather stare at a female body all day than a muscular man”.

I try to remember that when people complain about woman taking over the roles they expect men to have....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I really think it was mostly because of Bill Murray. He was always the hold out. And his falling out with Harold Ramis over on the set of Groundhog Day probably sealed the deal. Otherwise, I think it would have happened, because all of the other principal actors were for it.

I had no idea they didn't get along. Groundhog Day was so good tho.

I once asked a gamer friend why he always made the character he okayed female...
He said.

“In would rather stare at a female body all day than a muscular man”.

I try to remember that when people complain about woman taking over the roles they expect men to have....

Ghostbusters-2016.jpg

Seems like it. Murray tired of straight comedy. He wanted more. Don't we all? He's strange guy though. Actors, acting out. Who'd have thought?

Seems like it. Murray tired of straight comedy. He wanted more. Don't we all? He's strange guy though. Actors, acting out. Who'd have thought?

I've read stories about Bill Murray on the set of films that make Mel Gibson look like Betty White.

Really? I didn't know he was that bad.

I remember watching a video of Jay Mohr talking about Bill Murray beating up and humiliating a film producer on the set of a film...the producer was Jewish, and BM called him a bunch of anti Jewish name. It was because he wanted to take the weekend off to spend time with his son. Mohr wasn't criticizing BM, to him BM was some kind of badass who doesn't take crap from anyone. He brutally humiliated the guy, then walked out of the set like nothing happened and offered Jay Mohr a ride on his (studio) plane to go play golf with him and his son. I don't remember all the details though.

"Bill picked this guy up by his collar, slammed him down on the craft service table, then dragged him all the way down it screaming at him calling him "A little slimey jew mother****!"

:lol

Ever see Murray charge autograph seekers for his signature?
Hilarious..$5 cash or nada. One guy says he doesn’t have $5 and Murray says “Well, go get a job and then come back”
giphy.gif

I heard he once killed 3 guys with a pencil...a fookin pencil! Who does that.. oh wait, I think that's John Wick. :lol

Back