Jason Reitman's GHOSTBUSTERS: Afterlife - March 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jason Reitman’s GHOSTBUSTERS 3 - Summer 2020

What's wrong with a men-only film? Some of the best films ever made are men only.

I can see why they'll have at least 2 women in the group. Half of the population is female, and a large percentage of the audience are females, so from a business and marketing POV, it's the logical and safest decision. Having said that, I always saw the GB as a boys club. They lived together and they were friends. They lived and worked in a firehouse, which is a place most associate with men. It's a profesion that's predominantly male, or at least it used to be, and their outfits and job are inspired by exterminators, another predominantly male field. The merchandise was and still is for boys. The female Buster's had a line of action figures and toys...in the boys area, yet some of the boxes had girls on them. SW did the same with their new films and merchandise, and both failed.

I like the teaser see what happens.. I still think they should bring in new blood to take over. Let’s see Paul Rudd is hot again with being Ant Man and Kevin Hart is hilarious. Maybe John Krawnowski (Jim from the office) pretty much any actress from the office could fit. Maybe make it a bigger group of 5 ghost busters.

Here you go!
cac84c8ce31d492b5d68a04bde6d7b21.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apparently Ernie Hudson hasn’t been contacted about appearing in the film, which is sad. I hope he’s in it.

What's wrong with a men-only film? Some of the best films ever made are men only.

They won't make a men only film in this day and age for fear of backlash

Didn't he don the costume for some awards show in the last few years or something, maybe that's an old pic.

I don't see the benefit to seeing ancient Murray reprise a nearly 40 year old role.

Me neither....new blood , thats whats needed. And a good script, thats actually scary first funny second.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Me neither....new blood , thats whats needed. And a good script, thats actually scary first funny second.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I just don't think youth or the look of the actors in GB was a significant factor to the success of the franchise. They're not action heroes. They can get old.

I'm not sure why the original movie was successful. I know why I liked it, the costumes, weapons, gadgets, the firehouse, the ecto 1, the theme, and the cool ghosts and monster designs. The iconography, the merchandise, and even the cartoon are major reasons why I think so many people still like the film or more importantly, the brand, and why there are websites and whole forums dedicated to the films. From what I've seen, they seem to have a greater appreciation for the iconography than the film itself.

Regardless, there was no film like it...I don't think. It was very original. However, the humor was probably the last reason I liked it, since I didn't find the film that funny. There's organic humor in it tho. It's a humorous film. I don't find it scary either. I don't think the film has aged well either.

New blood and a scary first script doesn't exactly scream Ghostbusters to me. It could be a new direction for the brand and it could find an audience.

Back