Ghostbusters 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reitman on why Murray has really been a hold out and other stuff.

https://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/03/29/new-ghostbusters-why-ivan-reitman-left/

More news from Reitman on possible plot details.

Reitman also reconfirmed that he will not direct a new instalment in the Ghostbusters franchise, but is “pretty sure” it will still get made.

“I’m going to produce it,” he said.

The script recently underwent a revision after the death of original Ghostbuster Harold Ramis last month.

“It’s not a reboot,” Reitman says. “We’re not telling that story again or (exploring) the formation of the Ghostbusters. This is a later chapter in New York where the services of Ghostbusters are needed. The original Ghostbusters who are around now will play roles, but they are relatively minor roles. It’s a story that plays into the lore and tradition of the original movies. I think it’ll be very satisfying to Ghostbuster fans.”

Ghostbusters 3 has been in development for years and is finally eyeing a 2015 start date.

https://www.lfpress.com/2014/03/31/ivan-reitman-doubts-twins-2-says-ghostbusters-3-not-a-reboot

Just last week Reitman decided not to direct the long gestating Ghostbusters 3, but will remain a producer of the film. With me, he shared the possibilities for 3D and a non numerical title.

“Certainly there’s been a lot of talk about doing Ghostbusters 3 in 3D as well, and I don’t think we’ll call it Ghostbusters 3 either,” he said.

Reitman also dispelled reports that called the third Ghostbusters a reboot, clarifying how it would focus on new Ghostbusting characters. “It’s not a reboot,” he said. “It just lives in a world where the first two movies did occur and those characters were there and at least some of them will be in this film, but it’s really a different story.”

With a simple “yes,” Reitman confirmed that there would have been a cameo for the late Harold Ramis. He would not confirm rumors of female Ghostbuster characters. “I have no comment,” Reitman said.

Though Ghostbusters was a standard for old school optical visual effects in 1984, Reitman said the new world of CGI VFX is not foreign to the world of Ghostbusters. “Well, the second one actually had CGI in it,” Reitman corrected me when I suggested 3 would be the first to include CGI. “The first one didn’t, was all old school stuff. I think the opportunities are great because the world of special effects keeps evolving and greater things are possible.”

https://m.craveonline.com/film/arti...-triplets-updates-from-ivan-reitman-exclusive

just do a freaking reboot or a remake, All i want, the only thing i want is to see some new ghosts with today's technology. i do not even care if they do a remake at this point

Just leave it alone. Some franchises are meant for more, and some just...aren't. If Ghostbusters 3 was really meant to be, or necessary, it would've happened already. One cast member dead, one who doesn't want to do it; perhaps it was lightning in a bottle. Hell, the second one, while decent, never really measured up to the first, so, perhaps, we should just chalk it up to a "one-hit wonder" and enjoy what we've got.

I finished reading the script they would have used if Harold was still alive. It's pretty good actually. Quick breakdown of the major points below :

Venkman had moved on and become Mayor.

The guys(Ray and Egon) accidentally destroy the Triborough bridge causing massive backlash.

Venkman is re-elected on an Anti-Ghostbusters platform and stops talking to his old friends.

Ghostbusters is taken away from Ray and Egon and becomes a Corporation w/ evil CEO and franchises all over. No proton packs are used.(too destructive)

A ghost who was tortured and murdered returns, drawn to his old artifacts which were sold off to collectors all over the city.

Oscar Barrett (now grown) works with Egon to discover that the ghost is trying to summon an elder god.(Cthulhu)

The Ghostbusters take back control, fire all the franchises, reopen the firehouse and ECTO-1, and Egon builds new, even more destructive packs.

A new team operates with the original guys led by Oscar with a few females.

Cthulhu rises out of the river and begins destroying the city. The only way to stop him is crossing the streams. But the new packs are too powerful and there is no chance they will survive.

They agree to do it anyway but Venkman comes back and takes Oscar's place so the original team is reunited one last time. It works, they destroy Cthulhu but all die in the process.

It cuts ahead to the new team leaving the firehouse for a bust. Janine stays behind only to find the original guy's ghosts all playing cards and making jokes.

Not bad. Would have been a lot better than a cold reset with no reference to the originals at all.

Btw this is the Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg 2009 version. The guys who wrote The Office. Not sure if it was ever revised by Dan and Harold.

Back